[3.8] [SC] TheEmperorSlayer's Autobomber - Pushing Boundaries

"
Kasspa420 wrote:
You solved it some by pointing out I needed cyclone socketed in the helmet and to replace my grand spectrum jewels with frozen trail for additional projectiles + picking up a dying sun flask. Thanks... I'll be damned I can kill metas now. The build doesn't feel like yours at all anymore though, and none of this is in your build suggestions. Using your exact build setup and my above point remains the same, it can't clear the meta league content and is not recommended unless you invest the ton extra into the single target fix I'm using.
That's fair, you are not wrong. I don't really talk about the combined clear + singletarget setup in the guide because, admittedly, it feels a bit like a band-aid fix. I'm slowly working towards the new optimal setup, but there are many tradeoffs. All in all, I would not recommend the build to any average player, specially with the recent buffs to map boss life and league mechanics like metamorphs.
"
b0moodc wrote:
"
Kasspa420 wrote:
You solved it some by pointing out I needed cyclone socketed in the helmet and to replace my grand spectrum jewels with frozen trail for additional projectiles + picking up a dying sun flask. Thanks... I'll be damned I can kill metas now. The build doesn't feel like yours at all anymore though, and none of this is in your build suggestions. Using your exact build setup and my above point remains the same, it can't clear the meta league content and is not recommended unless you invest the ton extra into the single target fix I'm using.
That's fair, you are not wrong. I don't really talk about the combined clear + singletarget setup in the guide because, admittedly, it feels a bit like a band-aid fix. I'm slowly working towards the new optimal setup, but there are many tradeoffs. All in all, I would not recommend the build to any average player, specially with the recent buffs to map boss life and league mechanics like metamorphs.

With the changes I made I was able to clear out my A8 conquerors. Gotta try sirus now but the builds picked up a lot after ice nova started actually doing something lol. Thanks again.
The people on here complaining about the build being too expensive are probably the same type of people who don't alch their maps because its "too expensive"
So I changed items around and reworked the build some. I'm wrecking single target now on top of the same speedy map clear. It took quite a bit more currency but it feels finished now. Just working on the gloves, think I've gone through about 120 insanitys now and I've managed a few gloves worth some exalts but not exactly what I'm looking for with socketed gems deal more attack speed + life + some resists + attack speed. I can't tell if the increased dmg from the plague edge vaal rapier is worth the trade off of losing 100% hit chance from lycosidae (drops me to 85% hit because vagan mod only applies to the 1 weapon and not global) Thoughts?

Brutal Restraint is making up the extra 40% cold res for perfect res across the board at 86 fire/cold/lightning

Last edited by Kasspa420 on Feb 11, 2020, 10:00:36 PM
"
Kasspa420 wrote:
So I changed items around and reworked the build some. I'm wrecking single target now on top of the same speedy map clear. It took quite a bit more currency but it feels finished now. Just working on the gloves, think I've gone through about 120 insanitys now and I've managed a few gloves worth some exalts but not exactly what I'm looking for with socketed gems deal more attack speed + life + some resists + attack speed. I can't tell if the increased dmg from the plague edge vaal rapier is worth the trade off of losing 100% hit chance from lycosidae (drops me to 85% hit because vagan mod only applies to the 1 weapon and not global) Thoughts?

Brutal Restraint is making up the extra 40% cold res for perfect res across the board at 86 fire/cold/lightning

That's awesome news! Your items look much more fitting now. The one improvement I can pinpoint would be to get Innervate on the helmet to be able to swap Added Lightning Damage for Added Cold Damage / Ice Bite (to allow Herald of Thunder to shatter enemies - which it can't with your current setup), but these fixes are incredibly specific and oftentimes dificult to make.
Last edited by b0moodc on Feb 12, 2020, 9:54:17 AM
"
b0moodc wrote:
"
Kasspa420 wrote:

That's awesome news! Your items look much more fitting now. The one improvement I can pinpoint would be to get Innervate on the helmet to be able to swap Added Lightning Damage for Added Cold Damage / Ice Bite (to allow Herald of Thunder to shatter enemies - which it can't with your current setup), but these fixes are incredibly specific and oftentimes dificult to make.

Thank you! Since the helmet is crazy expensive and I cant seem to find one with 30% more elemental dmg + innervate + a 3rd good mod like concentrated effect or crit chance for spells would just recoloring my armor to use added cold dmg instead of added lightning dmg be a temp fix?
"
Kasspa420 wrote:
Thank you! Since the helmet is crazy expensive and I cant seem to find one with 30% more elemental dmg + innervate + a 3rd good mod like concentrated effect or crit chance for spells would just recoloring my armor to use added cold dmg instead of added lightning dmg be a temp fix?
Yes, that would work, though your Herald of Ice will not inflict shock and you'll be relying on Storm Cascade / Shield Charge to proc Herald of Thunder. And that's perfectly fine in nearly all scenarios.
"
b0moodc wrote:
"
Kasspa420 wrote:
Yes, that would work, though your Herald of Ice will not inflict shock and you'll be relying on Storm Cascade / Shield Charge to proc Herald of Thunder. And that's perfectly fine in nearly all scenarios.

Ah that will work perfect still. Gonna work on recoloring the chest piece then. Appreciate the feedback.

Edit: Yeah after running a beachhead just now it feels much better with the awakened cold dmg and HoT shattering. I finally gave up on creating insanity gloves and opted to buy these instead. Trying to find some good tailwind boots now under 50ex.

Last edited by Kasspa420 on Feb 12, 2020, 2:07:42 PM
So I noticed herald of ice gets the majority of the kills and with t16 bosses beefed up I'm running Precinct's, waterways ect at lower tier. Do you think an item quant gem could be justified linked into herald of ice if its still blowing up packs?
"
MangyViking wrote:
So I noticed herald of ice gets the majority of the kills and with t16 bosses beefed up I'm running Precinct's, waterways ect at lower tier. Do you think an item quant gem could be justified linked into herald of ice if its still blowing up packs?
You can do that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info