[3.5] Solo Smite Mjölner LL 7-9 Aura Guardian (Shaper, Uber Elder down on a 4 Link)

Hey dude loving your build so far, level 87 atm doing red maps and just managed to finally get uber lab to unlock.

Just wanted to hear your input on the enchantment I've got on my helmet if it was decent enough to keep or continue rolling for arc chain or +2 aura gem.

I got the +30% Ele Weakness Effect on my helmet, though I am also using Ele Weakness on hit on my gloves. So I don't really know if I should keep the helmet as is or keep going in uber lab?
Rank #7 1 week Race [Closed Beta - Dec 2012]
Last edited by iGematriA on Dec 30, 2018, 3:54:51 AM
"
iGematriA wrote:
Hey dude loving your build so far, level 87 atm doing red maps and just managed to finally get uber lab to unlock.

Just wanted to hear your input on the enchantment I've got on my helmet if it was decent enough to keep or continue rolling for arc chain or +2 aura gem.

I got the +30% Ele Weakness Effect on my helmet, though I am also using Ele Weakness on hit on my gloves. So I don't really know if I should keep the helmet as is or keep going in uber lab?

I was lucky last league and got arc chain on my helm. It wasn’t even expansive as hardly anyone used it. I am sure arc chain is the best enchant you could get. I myself also like enfeeble better ob gloves especially when delving ad you curse all mobs when charging around.
As almost no one puts enchantments on Memory Vault it will be very hard to get arc chain.
I probably would go for any arc enchant or +2 to gems.
"
tavitsri wrote:
Love your build so much.

I just want to share something I have tried to improved our strong.

I tried to use Vaal RF on the build by socketed it on a good rare unset ring, so I didn’t sacrifice any skill gem. And result is very good, it boost a lot of dmg to arc, but I allmost die when I use it in front of op sindicate member like Tora (with 3 stars in red tier map). I might use it again if I have over 10k es (now 7.6k).

Another thing I just tried, and I love it so much is Animated guardian. It give you 15% dmg from Leer cast, 10% move ment speed from Victario’s flight, 25% reduced enemies movement speed from Singularity, and enfeeble on corrupted glove. Now I just think about give Animated gaurdian aoe atk by use melee splash for aoe curse, but I think I like to save my socket to use portal, so now that cursed on hit still not make much benefit to me.

It’s just idea that I tried, I haven’t cavculat it on PoB, so It might worst than normal, but I hope it will help. XD

There is so much room to experiment. Arcane surge, Vaal RF, lightning trap and animated guardian are all worth it. Sadly we are a little socket starved.
I thought a lot about adding animated guardian but wasn’t sure how it would do in shaper and uelder. Probably some more links are needed to keep it alive?! I would only use it for buffs/debuffs I think it’s damage is negligible.
You were correct, I put some points in mana reservation nodes etc and I'm able to run all 7 auras.

Though a quick question, is it worth it removing some minion passives (not the Attack Speed ones, since they affect us too) and investing into the Lightning damage node on top? Maybe even Sacrifice Spiritual Aid?

Also, you're saying its only worth swapping Lightning Ball for Controlled Destruction if I have high APS, but how would I go on and calculate my APS? Currently ingame it shows as 1.8, I'm only level 78 though and haven't done the last Ascendancy yet).
Last edited by murasam3 on Dec 30, 2018, 5:21:46 AM
"
murasam3 wrote:
You were correct, I put some points in mana reservation nodes etc and I'm able to run all 7 auras.

Though a quick question, is it worth it removing some minion passives (not the Attack Speed ones, since they affect us too) and investing into the Lightning damage node on top? Maybe even Sacrifice Spiritual Aid?

Also, you're saying its only worth swapping Lightning Ball for Controlled Destruction if I have high APS, but how would I go on and calculate my APS? Currently ingame it shows as 1.8, I'm only level 78 though and haven't done the last Ascendancy yet).

Best is PoB to check your aps. I just had a look with full frenzy charges & ancestral protector you are siting at 5.52 aps so don't worry about ball lightning atm.
I don't think a lot of people will reach aps that high that ball lightning is worth it. But sadly ball lightning damage is not that easy to calculate.
"
murasam3 wrote:

Best is PoB to check your aps. I just had a look with full frenzy charges & ancestral protector you are siting at 5.52 aps so don't worry about ball lightning atm.
I don't think a lot of people will reach aps that high that ball lightning is worth it. But sadly ball lightning damage is not that easy to calculate.
"
Rhaiden87 wrote:
"
"
Rhaiden87 wrote:
I just wanted to give a brief write-up of my thoughts so far of this build.

This is my first actual full league in PoE and i've tried many different classes and builds (you can see by my profile). This build is by far the most fun I've had with any of the builds i've tried thus far.

I think the startup investment for decent gear totaled about 2 EX and that's because I was impatient while trading. I think the startup gear could be obtained for 1.5 EX at the current league rates.

The build itself reminds me of Diablo 2's paladin. With all the different aura's, the shield charge, and zeal, it's great. Diablo 2 Zeal Paladin is my favorite class build of any game, with this now overtaking it.

For map clearing thus far, it has been very quick (i'm sure there are other builds that are faster map clears). My single target DPS started off somewhat lackluster, but now lower tier bosses melt and uber Izaro was a joke. I think this build could be an excellent uber lab runner as well.

As you can see from my gear, it's not the best, but it's a build that I am planning on investing in and upgrading my gear and getting the penultimate corruptions.

All-in-all 10/10, thank you for the great build!!!!!!

Thx for the great feedback!
Your characters are not public you might want to change that so we can have a look.

Fixed that, profile is public now.

Some thoughts on how to improve your single target damage:
- Try to get a level 21 arc. At 21 you get 8 chains which is 15% more single damage.
- Penetration Vinktars would be another 10%
- Don't know if Cinderswallow is worth it...
- Try to path to Heart of Thunder
FYI, I linked Arcane Surge (lvl 5) to Blood Rage, since it's instant, this way, I have Arcane Surge all the time while Shield Charging around.
The mana cost is lower, but I don't lose time casting it, and I have it permanently.
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.
If you can find a watcher's eye with both leech from vitality and constant phasing from haste, this build is awesome for low-level delving.

Sold off my gear to try CoC Scion and then Arc PP occultist, took like two days for me to come back to playing this. It's just too smooth and fun to play.
"
kodr wrote:
FYI, I linked Arcane Surge (lvl 5) to Blood Rage, since it's instant, this way, I have Arcane Surge all the time while Shield Charging around.
The mana cost is lower, but I don't lose time casting it, and I have it permanently.

That’s a plus but the degen... and we have frenzy charges anyhow....
I guess it’s just a matter of preference.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info