[3.6] Volatile Dead Mines - A Scold's Bridle Corpse Spawning (CI) Saboteur - All Content Viable

Well here is an update from me also :)
From my experience the soul of Arakaali increased recovery speed does work like I described and it is a must.
Edit : after further testing it seems that it doesn't :(

Now I think that I am closing in on the maximum offensive potential with this build, I'm not sure it will be useful to most but it's for fun. Here are the items that changed since my post on page 5 (getting into really expensive territory :D):

The updated damage calculation and stats :

I will try to make a gif of a guardian kill if I can to illustrate. I was very happy to see that the build was untouched by the update.
Not playing anymore - Support and replies on my build thread are discontinued
Last edited by Xanvast on Dec 15, 2018, 1:17:26 AM
"
Xanvast wrote:
Well here is an update from me also :)
From my experience the soul of Arakaali increased recovery speed does work like I described and it is a must.

Now I think that I am closing in on the maximum offensive potential with this build, I'm not sure it will be useful to most but it's for fun. Here are the items that changed since my post on page 5 (getting into really expensive territory :D):

The updated damage calculation and stats :

I will try to make a gif of a guardian kill if I can to illustrate. I was very happy to see that the build was untouched by the update.

Hey man, how doable do you think this level of gear would be on the league? I'm going this build as league starter and I love min/maxing, so looking forward to your opinion
"
Knuckledust13 wrote:

Hey man, how doable do you think this level of gear would be on the league? I'm going this build as league starter and I love min/maxing, so looking forward to your opinion

Hey Knuckledust13, I think that you could reasonably expect to get at least 250 less ES on gear than I have if you want to replicate it on the new league so you would have less points to allocate to damage. If you can get it to 120-130k average hit that's already more than enough.
Other than that as DerFun pointed out this is not an appropriate build to make from the start or leveling up as there are many prerequisites to make it work.
Pob
https://pastebin.com/t2X1RcDz

Check please my Criobet, sometimes I have something rly big delay ~2-3 sec before volitile works, is it normal?
Last edited by CrazyEmkido on Dec 14, 2018, 10:15:03 PM
"
CrazyEmkido wrote:
Pob
https://pastebin.com/t2X1RcDz

Check please my Criobet, sometimes I have something rly big delay ~2-3 sec before volitile works, is it normal?

Yes you need a mana cost of 126 minimum for cwdt to be triggered and you are at 122 because of your Volatile Dead being only lvl 18 and the reduced mana cost mod on one of your rings.
Last edited by Xanvast on Dec 18, 2018, 5:21:05 PM
"
DerFun wrote:
"
ltt26905 wrote:
"
DerFun wrote:

While it is definetly possible to use this Build with arc or GC, i dont think it performs better than the regular version of the builds. The main atvantage we have when using it with Volatile Dead is that we can autmatically spawn Corpses with Cast When Damage Taken Setups. You don't need to do anything like that for a "normal" Mine build. :)

Hi, i understand that, I meant, how about auto cast mine Arc / GC, do u think it works ?

Good thing you asked again, one thing i dind't realise at first was that the mana cost of Arc and Glacial Cascade is significantly lower than Volatile Dead. Beacause of this your version of the build is only possible if you increase your mana cost, or the physical damage you take (less optimal option).

While this is in theory possible, i dont think its worth it to do that.
I hope the clarification helped :P

I transitioned into Arc (still LL) a couple of days ago, so here is how I made it work as it might be interesting to other people.

The gear is the same apart from the gloves which are essential to get enough mana cost, another viable alternative is using these (but there were 0 for sale with the crit corruption atm)

The gem setups changed, Arctic armour is used to mitigate the increased damage we take (180 mana cost), the unearth combo is gone and there is now enough room for Flame Dash + Arcane Surge again and Blood Rage/Immortal Call/Less duration on cwdt (for Soul of Arakaali). Soul of Tukohama is used also to reduce physical damage and add regen.
The mana recovery rate Watcher's Eye is now primordial to cover the insane mana cost per second (600+)

The Gear & Gems

Damage Calculation

Pros & Cons :
+The clear speed is faster
+The DPS is higher (notably because Arc is almost instant compared to the "slow" Volatiles)
+Can be safer since packs have less time to hit you

-Can be less safe since Arc reaches out of screen only if it chains from a nearby ennemy so you need to go closer, while Volatiles go outscreen.
Moreover you have less regen most of the time because you lay way less mines.
-You lose the Volatiles build up before boss fights and between phases

(Please note that this is a maxed out very expensive Standard version)
Last edited by Xanvast on Dec 16, 2018, 11:39:13 PM
@Xanvast

Thanks for the writeup man. Isn't the single target DPS on Arc way lower than VD though? Whats your experience with it?
Last edited by Knuckledust13 on Dec 15, 2018, 12:25:02 PM
Tryed this bottle.....
http://poe.trade/search/ikinoonotatani
it's rly cool for this build i think

Xanvast
Thank you Very Much =) !
Last edited by CrazyEmkido on Dec 15, 2018, 1:06:33 PM
"
CrazyEmkido wrote:
Tryed this bottle.....
http://poe.trade/search/ikinoonotatani
it's rly cool for this build i think

Xanvast
Thank you Very Much =) !

Thanks for pointing that out, the Flask is indeed pretty good for this build.
I will put it in the recommended section later when i bought one and can link it properly :)
"
Knuckledust13 wrote:
@Xanvast

Thanks for the writeup man. Isn't the single target DPS on Arc way lower than VD though? Whats your experience with it?

No I'd say it's about on par with VD as per the calculations, it takes around 2-3s to kill a shaper guardian for both builds from what I saw.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info