Shared Mines and Sulphite Rebalance

Nice changes, too bad its already half way through September and the hype has died down mostly.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
We don't farm sulphite on high tier map because the map droprate is sh*t ... it's not just because act 9 being fastest way.

Increasing sulphite on map is great but, increasing map droprate is also great you know.
So, let me sum it up.
- Delve cost grows faster with depth
- Delve cost is effectively uncapped (L1000? Seriously?)
- Sulfite returns are much more effected by area level
- Sulfite returns are affected by map IIQ

Results:
- Delve is effectively gated behind maps (stacked IIQ and level mods would make massive difference with acts)
- To farm Delve you'll have to chain T16 maps with maxed IIQ (c'mon, GGG always balances content around its top level of efficiency)
- Low level characters would tecnically have acess to higher level delves, but sulfite wall won't let them use it until they are capable of chain farming 8mod T16
Organic chemistry is a weird thing. If you add a spoon of shit to a barrel of jam you'll get a barrel of shit.
"
Chris wrote:

After these changes, playing high-tier maps will be way more efficient as a means of farming Sulphite, so grinding Quarry will not be the best way to get progress in Delve.

I hope it's not just zoom zoom boom boom-ing high tier maps but doing things like vaal temples.
I'm almost done with DQXI and look forward to rolling an aegis build. :)
Perception is reality.
Some of you in here feeling oppressed because Quarry farming is getting nerfed have some really unrealistic expectation of how PoE is supposed to work.

In no league have they ever wanted you to farm story content and league content only. You're supposed to play maps, it's the core endgame system of PoE. If you're so tired of maps that you'd rather farm Quarry for an hour before going delve, I genuinely wonder what makes you come back to PoE for this league at all. Every league will require you to play maps. Maps will always be the way to get access to high level league content.

Did you farm temples, beasts or harbingers in Quarry? If not, then I really don't see why you expect it to be viable now.

You're also acting like t16 maps are the only ones that will grant you any sulfite at all and you're supposed to buy a t16, run directly to the sulfite and leave the map. If you're doing this, maybe consider stopping. Play maps like you regularly would and you'll get enough sulfite.

I think a lot of this is also about balancing your delve and mapping progress. If you're already at depth 600 but haven't even completed tier 3 maps, yeah, you're gonna get a sulfite problem and you're gonna have to buy high tier maps. But don't complain to GGG about how you choose to limit yourself when playing their game.
uwu
"
The league is only starting, you have all the time you need to play until it ends still.
No problem there.

Did you not read the announcement?

They will make red maps mandatory for sulphite gain. They will ramp up the costs for delving in such a way, that a normal person doing some t6 maps or Quarry, would need to farm hundreds of those for a few Delves.

Locking the league mechanic behind farming sulphite is stupid. Right now, its all fine, you can run maps in red or in white or quarry. All is possible, in future only red maps will work and that is a huge problem!

It is as I said.

During Beastiary, we had some decent red beasts and crafts. The no lifers did exploit it and it was nerfed in such a way, that nobody found anything ever again. The six link recipe did not show up once in three months, thanks to the no lifers and GGGs nerfs.

I don´t want another league ruined by stupid decisions, that´s all. Why can´t GGG stop destroying their game, delve is fine, just give us a flashlight for the darkness and no more changes needed.

it would be sad to see this league be ruined like beastiary, yes I am furious as I am having so much fun right now.
I Love it!!
"
Ygidua wrote:
They will make red maps mandatory for sulphite gain. They will ramp up the costs for delving in such a way, that a normal person doing some t6 maps or Quarry, would need to farm hundreds of those for a few Delves.
This.

Some things just aren't meant to be.

It was a mistake that ppl where able to access high tier content by farming act 9/10. Yet, it remains to be possible but will takes more time than before.

Same happend in beastiary. They created a by-pass to high tier content and they fix it. All will hate the league for different reasons and another great idea executed rushy will go to the shelf.
Let's explore new playstyles - Play it your own way, not just like the others.
Quality management is one of the most underrated success factors in every business...
"
Eskarina_ wrote:
Some of you in here feeling oppressed because Quarry farming is getting nerfed have some really unrealistic expectation of how PoE is supposed to work.

In no league have they ever wanted you to farm story content and league content only. You're supposed to play maps, it's the core endgame system of PoE. If you're so tired of maps that you'd rather farm Quarry for an hour before going delve, I genuinely wonder what makes you come back to PoE for this league at all. Every league will require you to play maps. Maps will always be the way to get access to high level league content.

Did you farm temples, beasts or harbingers in Quarry? If not, then I really don't see why you expect it to be viable now.

You're also acting like t16 maps are the only ones that will grant you any sulfite at all and you're supposed to buy a t16, run directly to the sulfite and leave the map. If you're doing this, maybe consider stopping. Play maps like you regularly would and you'll get enough sulfite.

I think a lot of this is also about balancing your delve and mapping progress. If you're already at depth 600 but haven't even completed tier 3 maps, yeah, you're gonna get a sulfite problem and you're gonna have to buy high tier maps. But don't complain to GGG about how you choose to limit yourself when playing their game.

I agree, i tried farming quarry for like 5k sulphite and was BORED OUT OF MY MIND. Doing t10-16 maps is not just more fun but you also get xp and loots, which is the core idea of this game afterall! Looking forward to this update.
WTB hideout items from Niko for Azurite! :)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
100% Ethical, most of the time.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Last edited by Vaydra on Sep 14, 2018, 9:08:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info