[3.9] Cyclone Summoner - Heralds of Agony and Purity, Summon Holy Relic - League starter

"
Gusoyn333 wrote:
Hi all, i've been playing with this build for a while, reached t16 and everything is super smooth so far. I only ever have problems with metamorph when i do a t15+ with crazy mods, never died to a regular boss. Hope the links work since it's my fist post ever on this forum.

https://pastebin.com/CzJaJ4dm

you dont have 120 ele res do you ? from the pob i see you dont even have 75 is that right ?
"
dmoniak wrote:
Best way to level this build?

Section 8 of OP
Check out www.RavenousEternalHunger.com for PoE inspired metal!
"
"
macabreix wrote:
First time playing this build. Is there a critical skill gem that will greatly boost my damage with 23/21 or 20/20 is fine for all?

I feel like once you have everything at 20/20 aim for your heralds then their supports for 21/23 - prepare for insanely expensive gems

TY for the answer.

About claws.

In previous messages they wrote 3 thing is important in claws;

Gained life, attack speed, gained life blind... other than these what should i look for?

Minions deal increased damage, increased poison damage? I couldnt find a claw that having both of them.

Last edited by macabreix on Jan 4, 2020, 8:31:51 AM
"
macabreix wrote:
"
"
macabreix wrote:
First time playing this build. Is there a critical skill gem that will greatly boost my damage with 23/21 or 20/20 is fine for all?

I feel like once you have everything at 20/20 aim for your heralds then their supports for 21/23 - prepare for insanely expensive gems

TY for the answer.

About claws.

In previous messages they wrote 3 thing is important in claws;

Gained life, attack speed, gained life blind... other than these what should i look for?

Minions deal increased damage, increased poison damage? I couldnt find a claw that having both of them.

LGOH and MGOH are provided by the implicit in Gemini claws
LGOH from blind enemies is an elder mod
Attack speed procs LGOH, HoA stacks, and Holy Relic novas, so increasing DPS and sustainability

If you can get a claw with high APS and the blind mod, the rest is bonus - inc. poison damage won't affect anything because you're not the one dealing damage, inc. minion damage will.

In the end, you're just a cheerleader for your minions ;)
Check out www.RavenousEternalHunger.com for PoE inspired metal!
So I have Alt spammed and regaled this Claw
Bench crafted some attack speed on it for now.
I'm a crafting newb, any tips how to best enhance it?
Just exalt it?
Even some dex or res would be nioe.
I just wanted to share my gear, PoB and thoughts as I rolled with the Gladiator version of this build for those who may be interested in or are and currently going down the Gladiator max block route.

I'd class ithis as an updated version of the 3.4 Delve build from the OP with some new stuff thrown in that has arrived in the game sicne to give a more up to date version for 3.9.

As this wasn't my league starter leveling was smooth with a Praxis ring, Storm Cloud using Rain of Arrows with both Herald of Purity and Agony active as soon as I hit 16 and kept on going with that until 36 when I could get a dual life/mana on hit claw and swapepd into Cyclone and linked up poison and afetr that it was one of the smoothest leveling experience I've had just spinning through everything until I got to maps.

With my current gear I'm doing T15/16 maps with no problem fast clear speed and good boss damage (which can be massively improved by swapping in Withering Touch and Vile Toxins if you like)and I can just spin on the boss with a little over 3k combined Life on it/regen.

Holy Relics die to fast even with tanky support gems in them in high red tier maps and always die on Metamorphs which can be annoying as re- summoning them stops you spinning and leaves you vulnerable. I may be tempted at some point to remove Geofry's legacy and move Holy Relic to my boots and use just 1 and run a 5L Hearld of Purity in the Helm with a +2 Minion/Minion Damage Helm to almost double each Purity minions damage for more Single target DPS which considering how quick we clear should be great allround benefit.

The only metamorph I've died to so far is the move that covers the floor in a chaos DoT? (hard to tell with all the crap on the floor but it was some degen) and the Minotaur with a tough rolled map would 1 shot me when my defences failed having a combinded block/evade from blind allowing us to avoid 88% of the time meaning we have a 12% chance to get hit.

Spoiler

-3 Mana cost isn't really required but I love the and laziness of spinning everywhere if you like and I consider it a massive QoL improvment and an extra 4-5% reduced mana jewel knocks it down to 2 cost. Circle of Nostalgia turns out a good ring for this build with a massive 60% Chaos resist and if you get an ideal roll of Agony Crawler damage it offers a good boost and sicne it can roll the -3 Mana cost implicit I'd consider a core item and ussing Gluttony's Poacher's mark on hit also opens up the use of an Eye Gouger for 12 extra life per hit or an Imperial Claw with 8 life per hit extra and 0.1.

I have been theory crafting a build that removes Gluttony and opens up Armour/Energy Shield and hopefully I will test it fairly soon as it looks quite promising and been an overall improvement over the Gluttony build with better defences and slightly more DPS although it will be a lot more costly than my current version.

Overall a great fun build with a tanky/chill play style and I love been able to go down all the passages in Delve and get that loot so that's a big plus for me with the Azurite Mine been my favourite part of poE these days :)

Path of Building - https://pastebin.com/66vxvHeR
(Everything is my gear except the shield, I haven't done any crafting yet to get one msyelf)

Last edited by Thronar on Jan 4, 2020, 6:18:27 PM
What i do wrong ?
Reached T14 maps.
Sometime can be oneshotted somehow.
Clearspeed is decent, but i start to lack damage on bosses or metamorphs, also loose a few research encounters in syndicate.
And i really don`t like the feeling of lacking damage. What i can do for massive improve (don`t tell me to do 6l - i`m working on it, accumulate fusings)
My gear now:
Last edited by daiverok on Jan 5, 2020, 4:16:57 AM
"
Thronar wrote:
I just wanted to share my gear, PoB and thoughts as I rolled with the Gladiator version of this build for those who may be interested in or are and currently going down the Gladiator max block route.

I'd class ithis as an updated version of the 3.4 Delve build from the OP with some new stuff thrown in that has arrived in the game sicne to give a more up to date version for 3.9.

As this wasn't my league starter leveling was smooth with a Praxis ring, Storm Cloud using Rain of Arrows with both Herald of Purity and Agony active as soon as I hit 16 and kept on going with that until 36 when I could get a dual life/mana on hit claw and swapepd into Cyclone and linked up poison and afetr that it was one of the smoothest leveling experience I've had just spinning through everything until I got to maps.

With my current gear I'm doing T15/16 maps with no problem fast clear speed and good boss damage (which can be massively improved by swapping in Withering Touch and Vile Toxins if you like)and I can just spin on the boss with a little over 3k combined Life on it/regen.

Holy Relics die to fast even with tanky support gems in them in high red tier maps and always die on Metamorphs which can be annoying as re- summoning them stops you spinning and leaves you vulnerable. I may be tempted at some point to remove Geofry's legacy and move Holy Relic to my boots and use just 1 and run a 5L Hearld of Purity in the Helm with a +2 Minion/Minion Damage Helm to almost double each Purity minions damage for more Single target DPS which considering how quick we clear should be great allround benefit.

The only metamorph I've died to so far is the move that covers the floor in a chaos DoT? (hard to tell with all the crap on the floor but it was some degen) and the Minotaur with a tough rolled map would 1 shot me when my defences failed having a combinded block/evade from blind allowing us to avoid 88% of the time meaning we have a 12% chance to get hit.

Spoiler

-3 Mana cost isn't really required but I love the and laziness of spinning everywhere if you like and I consider it a massive QoL improvment and an extra 4-5% reduced mana jewel knocks it down to 2 cost. Circle of Nostalgia turns out a good ring for this build with a massive 60% Chaos resist and if you get an ideal roll of Agony Crawler damage it offers a good boost and sicne it can roll the -3 Mana cost implicit I'd consider a core item and ussing Gluttony's Poacher's mark on hit also opens up the use of an Eye Gouger for 12 extra life per hit or an Imperial Claw with 8 life per hit extra and 0.1.

I have been theory crafting a build that removes Gluttony and opens up Armour/Energy Shield and hopefully I will test it fairly soon as it looks quite promising and been an overall improvement over the Gluttony build with better defences and slightly more DPS although it will be a lot more costly than my current version.

Overall a great fun build with a tanky/chill play style and I love been able to go down all the passages in Delve and get that loot so that's a big plus for me with the Azurite Mine been my favourite part of poE these days :)

Path of Building - https://pastebin.com/66vxvHeR
(Everything is my gear except the shield, I haven't done any crafting yet to get one msyelf)

I assume you dropped vicious projectiles for vile toxins.. which skill did you replace for withering touch?
"

I assume you dropped vicious projectiles for vile toxins.. which skill did you replace for withering touch?

If you were to use Withering Touch and Vile Toxins you swap them for Blind and Pierce since Gladiator has built in Blind from Ascendency you don't really need it, I just choose to run it on General Map clear due to Withering Touch taking Mana cost from 2>4 and the extra damage isn't needed.

If you were to do Guardians, Sirus and other bosses you would swap the Withering Touch and Vile Toxins in and also use Deathmark instead of Summon Phantasm for a big boost to singletarget damage.
Last edited by Thronar on Jan 5, 2020, 9:24:28 AM
Ok Guys just wanted to give you guys some hope. This build is amazing and clears T16 fast and easy. You do get one shot sometimes in corrupted T16 bosses/metamorphs. I don't think there's much we can do.

Killed my second Sirus last night, died only once bc I'm a bad player.

this is my current gear, I hope to get more lvl 21 support gems and I'm all set. I've spent around 15EX in my character so far.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info