Withering Touch

Can we get a spell tag on this? It'd make a superb support for Phantasms and offer more options for what few physical spells we have in the game.

And before you scream "But BV will be even more OP!" The elemental conversion options are vastly superior to using 29% added chaos damage.

It'd be nice if we could have more chaos options.
"
Naedingur wrote:
Can we get a spell tag on this? It'd make a superb support for Phantasms and offer more options for what few physical spells we have in the game.

And before you scream "But BV will be even more OP!" The elemental conversion options are vastly superior to using 29% added chaos damage.

It'd be nice if we could have more chaos options.

Came here to say this, support for spells like EK, BV, Bladefall would be nice :/
"Please feel free to report any players you see attempting to acquire/sell items in trade chat." - Bex_GGG
Minions seem to be able to apply withered but don't benefit from the physical to chaos damage conversion, unless this is a tool tip error.

This seems confusing to apply only 50% of the effects. Could use a clarification on the text in the gem.
Can we get an update on Withering Touch? It has real potential, but it should effect spells, and does it even work on minions? I can't tell
Per the wiki, Withered is a debuff which applies a 6% increased chaos damage taken per stack.

Does the Withering Touch Support only work for chaos damage _on hit_, or does it also work with chaos damage over time (Poison)? I was going to use it with a melee poison build but I'm not sure it will increase the poison damage.

And can we confirm that Withering Touch does not have the hinder movement debuff from the Wither spell?

Thanks
Last edited by Carl_Blemming on Jun 7, 2019, 9:12:57 AM
I want to use this gem in Legion, but to keep up 15 stacks you have to basically reach 30 attacks per second - which doesn't seem possible (at least in my scenario).

Can it be used as support of attack totems (warchief / protector) to rapidly stack it up at start of boss fight? Or do i have to use the spell totem variant instead?
25% chance to apply wither is nearly useless. You can't get even close to 15 stacks with it, so you need wither totems. But Wither totems will reach 15 stacks even without your withering touch.

Also Withering touch must be applicable to any physical damage, not only attacks.
Why this gem only has chance to apply wither for 25%?

Why didn't you make it to 100%?

25% is really useless for any gems or you must hit anything with flash speed for
40 times to apply only 10 wither stacks

and they also have a VERY LESSDURATION
Last edited by Redmyclan on Jul 16, 2019, 9:19:23 AM
I never noticed any purple ball floating around any boss, the gem is on my skeletons and even with Vaal and regular skeletons activated, I never noticed nothing. This gem doesn't have a visual feedback or just don't work with minions.

I'm trying really hard to find a reason to use this as my sixth link with Viper Strike, but the 25% application chance for wither stacks makes it really only usable with a Barrage build. Investing in a lot of attack speed and using Multistrike would still only make Viper Strike keep around 8 stacks on a boss, so it doesn't make sense to not just take a pure damage support and use Wither totems instead.

With a 50% application chance it would be able to build a melee character using this gem instead with enough investment in attack speed and/or skill effect duration.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info