Smite

GGG PLEASE IMPROVE THIS SKILL!

I love using this to lvl with. It is HIGHLY underrated (especially when put with other supports), and I feel it would function really well with Trinity FOR mainly melee classes.

Trinity seems to be more tuned and OP for spell caster IMO.

Smite NEEDS to be buffed or changed for the better. SO MANY secretly love it, but there's a distinct lack of guides for it due to it being ignored by many or not seen as good enough for end game.

We're not asking for EVERY skill to be good enough for end game, we just need more variety than the ones we're had for 2yrs+ Just take a look online at the builds...they're all the same skills. Smite is worthy of being in them. It's also older than crackling lance (just put in) and works better IMO.
Does Melee Physical Damage's more multiplier increase the damage of the Area-of-Effect portion of the active skill Smite?

I know the more multiplier does not apply to the Area of Effect portion because the area of effect portion is not tagged as "Melee". However, the Area of Effect portion's damage seems to be calculated as a percent (70-80%) of the melee portion of the skill. Thus, increases to the melee portion would indirectly increase the area of effect portion?

Please make sure you understand before answering. Again, I know the area portion of Smite is not tagged "Melee".

Thank You to anyone who knows!
the main issue i have with this skill isant the damage or the aoe its the fact that when you get surrounded? your scrwed the skill swings and hits litterally nothing, LITTERALLY
the char just stands there with a troll face while getting the everloving crap beat out of you retgaudless of if you have 100% chance to hit it just stands there
With the addition of transfigured gems i noticed that the new "Smite of Divine Judgement" is basically a stronger version of Smite without the aura, the opposite of that would be nice too, only the aura without the attack component, the reason i would like this is mostly due to Armour stackers many of them rely on the Smite aura even if you're playing say Molten Strike or Lightning Strike which leads to a very clunky playstyle of still having to use Smite for the Aura.

Now this being basically a new aura (50% reserv?) to fit in would probably be a DPS/Tank loss for Armour stackers since they would have to drop their amulet in favor of something like Aul's Uprising to make one of their auras free to fit in the new Smite aura but would be such a huge quality of life change that at least for me it would be worth it, being able to use other strike skills without having to use Smite constantly just for the aura would feel really good (I'm not a min-maxer if you haven't noticed).

Anyways thanks for reading this little rant of mine and if anyone has a good Armour stacker that doesn't rely on Smite shoot me a PM. (Not Doryani's Prototype!)
Last edited by BurrningLizard on Feb 11, 2024, 3:54:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info