[3.5] Blade Vortex MoM Acro Trickster (Fast Maps, U Lab, Guardians, Shaper, Elder)

"
FruPOE wrote:
"
AleXTC wrote:
Why theres no blood magic on Whirling Blades? is it more of a life saver when u have MOM?

Because of the very first Ascendancy that we take; Weave of the Arcane

thx for the answer :)

i was wondering what should i do to raise my DMG

i feel like maps 10 and above becomes a bit of a challenge.
"
AleXTC wrote:

You shouldn't have too many problems until you start getting into high red tier maps with a bunch of affixes. T10+ should be a breeze.

I see you're using regular Blade vortex: Try using Vaal Blade Vortex. The burst you get with the gem is absolutely bananas. Especially for bosses.

Also, you really need an Immortal Call/Cast when damage taken in your setup somewhere. If you're not too comfortable with PoB, you could go into my profile and look at my BV character for this season and check out how I have my gems set up :)

Too anybody else who would be interested, I've made a few changes too the build since the my last PoB and it feels way better: https://pastebin.com/pSkGKDqn
"
FruPOE wrote:
"
AleXTC wrote:

You shouldn't have too many problems until you start getting into high red tier maps with a bunch of affixes. T10+ should be a breeze.

I see you're using regular Blade vortex: Try using Vaal Blade Vortex. The burst you get with the gem is absolutely bananas. Especially for bosses.

Also, you really need an Immortal Call/Cast when damage taken in your setup somewhere. If you're not too comfortable with PoB, you could go into my profile and look at my BV character for this season and check out how I have my gems set up :)

Too anybody else who would be interested, I've made a few changes too the build since the my last PoB and it feels way better: https://pastebin.com/pSkGKDqn

so i fixed my problem,
i forgot to change my flasks :D

- and i do use immortal call, its on my weapon.
how do i keep my power and frenzy charges during boss fights?

and why do we need Conduit and Overcharged if we already get the charges easily when we clear?
Last edited by AleXTC on Dec 15, 2018, 10:43:57 AM
"
AleXTC wrote:

and why do we need Conduit and Overcharged if we already get the charges easily when we clear?

The build doesnt use Conduit or Overcharged.
and to charges: power charges are easily maintained with a Power charge on crit setup or a gem swap to powercharge on crit in the bv setup (you loose very low dps and there is no effort like the stormbrand/orb of storms Power charge on crit) as for frenzy charges there is little we can do. the only thing that came to mind was a writhing jar and killing the worms but it wasnt reliable enough.

"
FruPOE wrote:
Hey there mate. I've used this build as my league starter. I started playing PoE 2nd week of Delve, and I wanted something fresh for me that would be tanky and fun through maps.
First of all, to anybody wondering, this is an amazing build as your first build if you have no currency if you gear it correctly through the process. I'm saying this in comparison to my friends who were absolutely getting destroyed by the Syndicate during the pexing while I didn't have a single problem. I highly recommend it as a league starter.

Now OP, I have a few questions about the build. Do know that this is again coming from someone who has only recently started the game and that I might be ignorant to how some things work.
I'm at a point where I'm progressing in my Atlas around the T14ish maps, and I'm kind of feeling like the build as itself is kind of struggling. This might be because for now I'm only playing with a 5L, and that I'm missing out on damage a lot of the times.

For starters, here's the link to my PoB https://pastebin.com/vR9vSNgw

The first question I have is; how would you recommend making the maps a little faster without ruining our defense ? I'm looking into more cast speed, still considering trying out Spell Echo. For now only having a 5L is holding me back. I'm using a StormBrand/PowerChargeonCrit/ArcaneSurge/IncCritChance combo. My idea behind this was to use the Arcane surge was supposed to make mapping go faster, but I end up spending a lot of time casting Storm Brand to keep Arcane surge up, therefore not gaining any time at all. I will say that the combo is VERY good on bosses though.

My second question is; How would you push this build further to make bosses easier ? Don't get me wrong, the build is definitely able to kill hard bosses, but is there something the build could change or use ?

By the way, I've messed around on PoB a bit with the Mark of the Shaper/ Warlod's curse on hit elder ring doesn't seem worth it (on my char at least). I WANT MORE DAMOOUGE.

Thanks for the build mate, very fun!

First of all im very happy to read this! :D this build was designed for a league start and kinda towards newer players as its tanky and still does good damage.

and for your passive tree: i see you have a 10 strength node near arcane vision and you can remove either the spell crit node or the AoE node at the top of witch tree and skill both of those towards a jewel socket. on that jewel you can get more dmg and more life.

as for the mark of the shaper/warlords mark: it would give you more leech and damage as your current essence worm setup. that said you will loose effective hp.

as for gear you can upgrade: your amulet can get crit multiplier as well as a "gain phys as element" shaper mod that would increase your dmg quite a bit. you can also upgrade from divinarius to 2 void batterys or 2 shaper spell dagger.
you can also get a shaper ring with assassins mark on hit to further get crit multiplier (dont forget to change the curse in ur gem slots to something else). And a 6link (obviously) can give you quite the boost :D

all these changes would be quite expensive i know but it can give you a lot of dmg if you can pay for them. maybe in a few days these items will get cheaper and of course as the league goes on

i hope this helped you and enjoy betrayal! :D
"
and to charges: power charges are easily maintained with a Power charge on crit setup or a gem swap to powercharge on crit in the bv setup (you loose very low dps and there is no effort like the stormbrand/orb of storms Power charge on crit) as for frenzy charges there is little we can do. the only thing that came to mind was a writhing jar and killing the worms but it wasnt reliable enough.

i checked your PoB and i saw that u took the Conduit, thats why i asked.

i reached 1.8M DPS now :D

P.S
how would u build the links if u have to put power charge on crit?
Last edited by AleXTC on Dec 15, 2018, 3:39:15 PM
"
AleXTC wrote:
"

P.S

for orb of storms: inc. critical strikes power charge on crit and either arcane surge (keep low to proc with 1 orb of storms) or culling strike

for storm brand basically the same
"
unholydmg wrote:
"
AleXTC wrote:

Power Charge on Crit has actually looked like a damage upgrade over Efficacy (in my current PoB).

"
unholydmg wrote:

First of all im very happy to read this! :D this build was designed for a league start and kinda towards newer players as its tanky and still does good damage.

and for your passive tree: i see you have a 10 strength node near arcane vision and you can remove either the spell crit node or the AoE node at the top of witch tree and skill both of those towards a jewel socket. on that jewel you can get more dmg and more life.

as for the mark of the shaper/warlords mark: it would give you more leech and damage as your current essence worm setup. that said you will loose effective hp.

as for gear you can upgrade: your amulet can get crit multiplier as well as a "gain phys as element" shaper mod that would increase your dmg quite a bit. you can also upgrade from divinarius to 2 void batterys or 2 shaper spell dagger.
you can also get a shaper ring with assassins mark on hit to further get crit multiplier (dont forget to change the curse in ur gem slots to something else). And a 6link (obviously) can give you quite the boost :D

all these changes would be quite expensive i know but it can give you a lot of dmg if you can pay for them. maybe in a few days these items will get cheaper and of course as the league goes on

i hope this helped you and enjoy betrayal! :D

Most of what you said I'm looking to do as soon as the currency is up there. The past fews days have been rough IRL so haven't been able to take care of that but will do asap. Looking forward to my 6l.

Gonna try out a Vaal RF combo in the setup soon.

Current PoB : https://pastebin.com/9nHQNNn9
Last edited by FruPOE on Dec 15, 2018, 8:56:21 PM
"
unholydmg wrote:
"
AleXTC wrote:
"

P.S

for orb of storms: inc. critical strikes power charge on crit and either arcane surge (keep low to proc with 1 orb of storms) or culling strike

for storm brand basically the same

i meant on the 6L, what changes u do for the power on crit gem?
(i think ones ill get the void battery the 6L got to change)

would love to hear your thoughts on my progress:
https://pastebin.com/4DmBYT2E
Last edited by AleXTC on Dec 16, 2018, 1:30:01 PM
i just noticed that its really really hard to kill Catarina the mastermind.
i couldnt finish the fight with her, i got one shoted easily by her and cant understand why?!
is there any defensive layers that this build can apply?
my PoB:
https://pastebin.com/pEpGLzJ3 (did some changes like i took down the Soul Siphon for a jewel socket with mana + life + cast speed. if im wrong with this choice plz tell me)
Last edited by AleXTC on Dec 16, 2018, 2:15:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info