Why do people get vaccines? Don't they research the ingredients?

Look it this fucking disaster https://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/ajv3k1/washington_gov_inslee_declares_state_of_emergency/

Like I can't fucking fathom this on how naive people can be it's not even funny.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
People have no clue the average age of humans was like 35 or something 200 years ago.

Guess why we make it to 80 + nowadays '-.-, it's not because nature aint out to kill us all of a sudden....

You should really put people who believe in this crap in front of an average age graph and show the spikes when science got involved with the human civilization.

Almost trippling the average age over a time span of 150 years.(which in itself could be described as a miracle?)

And reducing child fatality's to like 5% in recent years on a global scale.

At what point does society go "are we keeping alive to many dummy's with our social structure?".

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
People have no clue the average age of humans was like 35 or something 200 years ago.

Guess why we make it to 80 + nowadays '-.-, it's not because nature aint out to kill us all of a sudden....

You should really put people who believe in this crap in front of an average age graph and show the spikes when science got involved with the human civilization.

Almost trippling the average age over a time span of 150 years.(which in itself could be described as a miracle?)

And reducing child fatality's to like 5% in recent years on a global scale.

At what point does society go "are we keeping alive to many dummy's with our social structure?".

Peace,

-Boem-

I was gonna call you on that 35 years but it seems to be accurate, which is quite frightening.

Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
faerwin wrote:

I was gonna call you on that 35 years but it seems to be accurate, which is quite frightening.

It's a bit miselading because if you survived childhood there was a good chance to grow old even 2000 years ago. Still technically correct tho.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
faerwin wrote:

don't worry about it, my years and names are terrible so i knew it was somewhere around 25/35 years average at that time.

Do some research on global malnutrition 200 years ago and impacts on the body/brain development in such circumstances if you want to trully feel happy about the time/age you are born in.

Or the fact you don't have to regularly see your children starve to death, which was more common then having them survive.

Human life was atrocious not so long ago, which makes me laugh pretty loud with all of these "equality" and "social movements".

People have no clue out of what dark hole we climbed from and show no gratitude to the people that perpetuate that.
I'm gratefull every single day to just be able to eat and live in a society without chaos. A luxury not a lot of people have the opportunity to experience in the history of our race.

We are the lucky ones.

One of the more interesting topics once you realise time-frames and advancements is how ill equiped the human biology is for rapid advancements.
Which is becomming increasingly more visible in things like "depressions" and "suicide" numbers most likely caused by biological misinterpretation of data.

Things like facebook, twitter and the likes are biological poison for a creature like us that constantly draws on data to accurately place itself in time/space.(particularly for women, which shows already in children between the age of 10-15 having a 20% increase in severe depressions corelated to "cell-phone" use)

Our biology and data input is framed around small social groups and things like happiness are derived from doing equally well or better then the people around you.

Shit goes mental once every single person on the globe becomes "your neighbour" by means of social apps.

Sorry, ranting, sometimes i think people have no clue who we are and where we come from, so if a rant like this can elicit some research from some people to heighten their spatial awareness and gratitude i consider it worth it.

And i guess it's not entirely "off-topic" given this thread and it's
"anti-science" stance on the world.

Hypocritical at best, given the person who made it would have a high probability of already being death if not for "science".

Peace,

-Boem-
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:

It's a bit miselading because if you survived childhood there was a good chance to grow old even 2000 years ago. Still technically correct tho.

It's an average for a reason.

And old as in 50 years or 90+ years? Because food has always been an issue, so was hygiene and medicine/surgery.

If you survived childhood you were lucky, but it still didn't put you out of the danger zone by a long shot.

Ever read the story's about people chewing on pieces of wood to satiate their stomach 250 years ago and the amount of global famines?

We got it good, i don't think it's worth preventing that nail from being hammered in.

Peace,

-Boem-
The truth about how great vaccines are and have been is so overwhelming that even if it turned out the claims of an increased risk of autism were actually true, and using all vaccines combined gave, say, a 1.0% chance of inducing autism... you'd still arguably be a neglectful parent if you didn't vaccinate your children. More than 2% of vaccinated children would DIE if not vaccinated, and less than 2% of children are diagnosed with an autism disorder.

So anti-vaxxers could theoretically be right and I'd just be like "So? Changes nothing."
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jan 26, 2019, 8:39:17 PM
Strikes me as interesting that it's legal and common to put someone who won't take their antipsychotic medication on a compulsory treatment order. So, it's "shots every x often, of you're getting locked up and treated", basically. These are enforced in a court like setting, and rigidly upheld. You can appeal, and try to get off it, and some do over time.

People with that diagnosis often have such a different narrative of what is going on that they just don't take antipsychotics, and end up extremely unwell.

CTOs are fraught with ethical issues, of course.

The key term tossed around and that fits so many people with schizoaffective and schizophrenia diagnoses is "LACKS INSIGHT"

Why don't we put antivaxxers on a CTO though?

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
The truth about how great vaccines are and have been is so overwhelming that even if it turned out the claims of an increased risk of autism were actually true, and using all vaccines combined gave, say, a 1.0% chance of inducing autism... you'd still arguably be a neglectful parent if you didn't vaccinate your children. More than 2% of vaccinated children would DIE if not vaccinated, and less than 2% of children are diagnosed with an autism disorder.

So anti-vaxxers could theoretically be right and I'd just be like "So? Changes nothing."

Too bad it's a bit long for a bumper sticker.

~~~

You're in Europe, Boem?

I'd imagine anyone from a long-time densely populated area and especially in Europe would have that four horsemen type take on life. War, pestilence, famine, death.

However ---

"
Over the past 50,000–100,000 years, as modern humans increased in numbers and dispersed throughout the world, new infectious diseases emerged, including those caused by viruses. Earlier, humans lived in small, isolated communities, and most epidemic diseases did not exist.

Smallpox, which is the most lethal and devastating viral infection in history, first emerged among agricultural communities in India about 11,000 years ago.The virus, which only infected humans, probably descended from the poxviruses of rodents.Humans probably came into contact with these rodents, and some people became infected by the viruses they carried. When viruses cross this so-called "species barrier", their effects can be severe, and humans may have had little natural resistance. Contemporary humans lived in small communities, and those who succumbed to infection either died or developed immunity. This acquired immunity is only passed down to offspring temporarily, by antibodies in breast milk and other antibodies that cross the placenta from the mother's blood to the unborn child's. Therefore, sporadic outbreaks probably occurred in each generation.

In about 9000 BC, when many people began to settle on the fertile flood plains of the River Nile, the population became dense enough for the virus to maintain a constant presence because of the high concentration of susceptible people. Other epidemics of viral diseases that depend on large concentrations of people, such as mumps, rubella and polio, also first occurred at this time.

The Neolithic age, which began in the Middle East in about 9500 BC, was a time when humans became farmers. This agricultural revolution embraced the development of monoculture and presented an opportunity for the rapid spread of several species of plant viruses. The divergence and spread of sobemoviruses – southern bean mosaic virus – date from this time. The spread of the potyviruses of potatoes, and other fruits and vegetables, began about 6,600 years ago.

About 10,000 years ago the humans who inhabited the lands around the Mediterranean basin began to domesticate wild animals. Pigs, cattle, goats, sheep, horses, camels, cats and dogs were all kept and bred in captivity. These animals would have brought their viruses with them.

The transmission of viruses from animals to humans can occur, but such zoonotic infections are rare and subsequent human-to-human transmission of animal viruses is even rarer, although there are notable exceptions such as influenza. Most viruses are species-specific and would have posed no threat to humans. The rare epidemics of viral diseases originating in animals would have been short-lived because the viruses were not fully adapted to humans and the human populations were too small to maintain the chains of infection.

Other, more ancient, viruses have been less of a threat. Herpes viruses first infected the ancestors of modern humans over 80 million years ago. Humans have developed a tolerance to these viruses, and most are infected with at least one species. Records of these milder virus infections are rare, but it is likely that early hominids suffered from colds, influenza and diarrhoea caused by viruses just as humans do today. More recently evolved viruses cause epidemics and pandemics – and it is these that history records. The influenza virus is one that seems to have crossed the species barrier from pigs to ducks and water fowl and hence to humans. It is possible that a fatal plague in the Middle East at the time of the late 18th Dynasty was associated with this transmission at Amarna.

In antiquity

Among the earliest records of a viral infection is an Egyptian stele thought to depict an Egyptian priest from the 18th Dynasty (1580–1350 BC) with a foot drop deformity characteristic of a poliovirus infection. The mummy of Siptah – a ruler during the 19th Dynasty – shows signs of poliomyelitis, and that of Ramesses V and some other Egyptian mummies buried over 3000 years ago show evidence of smallpox. There was an epidemic of smallpox in Athens in 430 BC, in which a quarter of the Athenian army and many of the city's civilians died from the infection.

Measles is an old disease, but it was not until the 10th century that the Persian physician Muhammad ibn Zakariya al-Razi (865–925) – known as "Rhazes" – first identified it. Rhazes used the Arabic name hasbah for measles. It has had many other names including rubeola from the Latin word rubeus, "red", and morbilli, "small plague". The close similarities between measles virus, canine distemper virus and rinderpest virus have given rise to speculation that measles was first transmitted to humans from domesticated dogs or cattle.[26] The measles virus appears to have fully diverged from the then-widespread rinderpest virus by the 12th century.

A measles infection confers lifelong immunity. Therefore, the virus requires a high population density to become endemic, and this probably did not occur in the Neolithic age. Following the emergence of the virus in the Middle East, it reached India by 2500 BC. Measles was so common in children at the time that it was not recognised as a disease. In Egyptian hieroglyphs it was described as a normal stage of human development. One of the earliest descriptions of a virus-infected plant can be found in a poem written by the Japanese Empress Kōken (718–770), in which she describes a plant in summer with yellowing leaves. The plant, later identified as Eupatorium lindleyanum, is often infected with tomato yellow leaf curl virus.

Middle Ages

The rapidly growing population of Europe and the rising concentrations of people in its towns and cities became a fertile ground for many infectious and contagious diseases, of which the Black Death – a bacterial infection – is probably the most notorious...

Life has always been tough, and humans have generally had violence in our societies. But many have done well with the feeding your tribe and looking after them element.

It's just when things get big and we settle in the one place that part gets grossly unfair, and difficult to relocate from it seems.

Last edited by erdelyii on Jan 26, 2019, 9:08:20 PM
"
erdelyii wrote:
Strikes me as interesting that it's legal and common to put someone who won't take their antipsychotic medication on a compulsory treatment order. So, it's "shots every x often, of you're getting locked up and treated", basically. These are enforced in a court like setting, and rigidly upheld. You can appeal, and try to get off it, and some do over time.

People with that diagnosis often have such a different narrative of what is going on that they just don't take antipsychotics, and end up extremely unwell.

CTOs are fraught with ethical issues, of course.

The key term tossed around and that fits so many people with schizoaffective and schizophrenia diagnoses is "LACKS INSIGHT"

Why don't we put antivaxxers on a CTO though?
Eh. It's a lot like any other type of health advice for children, I'd rather reason with parents than force. I mean, having the kids eat junk food or what "toys" they play with all factors into overall life expectancy and infant mortality as well, and I wouldn't want to go as draconian as saying kids can't go trick-or-treating and BB guns need the same restrictions as full firearms.

I think it's plenty sufficient to require vaccinations to register at schools and at commercial daycares. No need to actually force good sense on people if those people keep to themselves.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Eh. It's a lot like any other type of health advice for children, I'd rather reason with parents than force. I mean, having the kids eat junk food or what "toys" they play with all factors into overall life expectancy and infant mortality as well, and I wouldn't want to go as draconian as saying kids can't go trick-or-treating and BB guns need the same restrictions as full firearms.

I think it's plenty sufficient to require vaccinations to register at schools and at commercial daycares. No need to actually force good sense on people if those people keep to themselves.

It's interesting to me that the levels of delusion and lack of insight in anti vaxxers are equal to those put on that type of CTO. Plus, the risk they present to themselves and others is enormous, maybe more than your average person with a psychotic illness.

I guess the other thing in common is the forced injection. Just once every now and again, not a big deal!

I'm not entirely serious, and dislike nanny state bullshit. We used to light fires on the beach, camp on the side of the road, have our dogs wander the neighborhood without collars, and drink anywhere we liked, lord I could go on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info