When is Incursion Being Added to the Core Game?

Mhe... incursion temple was underwhelming to say the least...
GGG please add uber vall orb to the delve so that we can continue to use double-corruption.
ign: Bikvin
That's a very good news indeed! Incursion has been the best thing since breach was implemented in the game. Delve seems rather interesting too, looking for news about that in the next days!
Not looking forward to seeing Alva in every room going forward for the rest of forever. Please decrease her spawn rate. Every 3rd room is good.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Take your time. Do it right.

My version of "right":
1) Include Alva as a master with a daily incursion.
2) Have Alva spawn at (n+1)*5% where n is the number of incursions done on the current temple.
3) Introduce an "uber boss" that would only come if you have all incursions from T12+ maps and have at least three tier III rooms.

2) ? Is this a typo or you're not all there?

Assuming I have completed 5 incursions, your formula gives (5+1)*5% = 0.3%. So, I would meet Alva once every 333 areas I visit + 1 daily mission. Might as well remove it from core game then.

It should be as suggested by some streamers - you can have the chance to encounter Alva as low as 10% for your first incursion, but after that you HAVE to have her spawn in every area. Otherwise, with 10% chance, you will on average have completed one temple in 10 acts, and the temple level will be messed up, too. It should be present in the content you run.
I enjoyed incursion, for the first week. The room unlock process was heavily skewed towards speed clearing builds with a pretty brutal timer process, i started with a meleer that struggled to even get rooms unlocked let alone have time to open doors, made a trapper and then found I was done with plenty of time remaining. I think core mechanics should lean against favouring speed clearing builds because they have a massive advantage by default.

We seem to be heading towards another league that will favour speed clearing builds.

When Incursion goes core I will probably skip them, I didn't feel the rewards overall were worth going out of your way to do them and it wasn't particularly challenging once you got over some minor obstacles, like chaos resistance.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

My version of "right":
2) Have Alva spawn at (n+1)*5% where n is the number of incursions done on the current temple.
3) Introduce an "uber boss" that would only come if you have all incursions from T12+ maps and have at least three tier III rooms.

This would be nice, and as a tweaked reward system make it so:
1)architects have a chance to drop their corresponding mods on items on death so having t1/2 rooms doesn't feel like a complete waste; like you did with warbands mods from bos drops.
2) if the temple is somewhat rare, make the omnitect more rewarding by making him drop a flask or belt AND possibly a vial, much like atziri drops uniques and mortal pieces. it's both vaal content as well right?
3) remove the strongbox, tormented spirits, breach, sparring room, armourers workshop, (arguably also guardhouse and workshop) since these rooms were filler and gave the temple some longevity, but didn't add anything unique to incursion. if the temple becomes more rare, the rewards will already be more gated so those rooms might not be needed anymore?

Anyway, nice that you will add it later; haven't gotten anything good from the temple sofar i think, but it's nice content anyway.
NICE :)
"
WithLoveEarL wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

My version of "right":

2) ? Is this a typo or you're not all there?

Assuming I have completed 5 incursions, your formula gives (5+1)*5% = 0.3%. So, I would meet Alva once every 333 areas I visit + 1 daily mission. Might as well remove it from core game then.

It should be as suggested by some streamers - you can have the chance to encounter Alva as low as 10% for your first incursion, but after that you HAVE to have her spawn in every area. Otherwise, with 10% chance, you will on average have completed one temple in 10 acts, and the temple level will be messed up, too. It should be present in the content you run.

I am pretty sure Shagsbeard meant rather
(5+1) * 5% = 30%
So once you meet her, she will turn up more and more often up to a 60% chance at 11 incursions.
Well, I would still prefer her to spawn 10% of the time but after that 100% until you finish one temple.

AND for fuggssake, give players ONE wildcard to upgrade one room. ONE chance to switch to a different room that is already in the temple. So we have a chance to uograde that one room we desperatly want.
Tbh what i can see happening is the removal of Incursions entirely and Having a Randomised Shorter temple With Room upgrades being removed entirely. (so all rooms spawned are max to begin with)
Meet Alva From act 6 onwards at 10% spawn chance and Do temple bamf Bob is your uncle
I am your Devine one Bow before me

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info