[3.4] TheFrostmourne's Balefire Inquisitor

Hey!
I played POE for 2 seasons now and i always wanted to try a RF build and this one caught my attention.
However, i don't know how to level RF. Could someone please give a TL;DR breakdown for how to level RF?
Thanks!
"
jaka1988 wrote:
Hey!
I played POE for 2 seasons now and i always wanted to try a RF build and this one caught my attention.
However, i don't know how to level RF. Could someone please give a TL;DR breakdown for how to level RF?
Thanks!

Hi, this isn't a RF guide, however you can find here how to level with it. (Not mentioned there but I'd also rock a Shaper's Seed together with the rest of the gear)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trickster PoB tree has been added!
Last edited by TheFrostmourne on Aug 30, 2018, 7:14:14 AM
Why isn't it good for bosses,when with mind over matter we are tankier?
Thanks for the posting of the skill tree,it helped me a lot!
Hi, i would try this build :D
Is this build good to start the new league? And how much is the DPS against bosses like shaper?
Thankyou for the reply ^^
Quick question for you guys out there who follow the patches and changes to the game :

Has the crash bug while using Scorching Ray been fixed ? I've used the spell with and without Balefire in the beginning of Incursion and it was a nightmare.
Many people at that time experienced the same issue (friends and people on forum, in the crash report section).

I would play SR again, but not a chance with this bug.

Link to one of the topics : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2095187/page/1
"
Loreley06 wrote:
Why isn't it good for bosses,when with mind over matter we are tankier?
Thanks for the posting of the skill tree,it helped me a lot!

We’re tanky enough even without it, the loss of consecrated ground makes you have to rely purely on flasks for sustain making red maps harder as a Trickster :P

"
Rayne186 wrote:
Hi, i would try this build :D
Is this build good to start the new league? And how much is the DPS against bosses like shaper?
Thankyou for the reply ^^

Yes, it’s made to be a league starter!

Depends on the setup you would go for, this tree focuses more on survival so damage isn’t that high. With SB and some minor changes you could push your Shaper DPS to around 800k+, depends on your gear pretty much. With this tree and defensive setup roughly 300 (ish) k DPS on Shaper.

"
DecadoW wrote:
Quick question for you guys out there who follow the patches and changes to the game :

Has the crash bug while using Scorching Ray been fixed ? I've used the spell with and without Balefire in the beginning of Incursion and it was a nightmare.
Many people at that time experienced the same issue (friends and people on forum, in the crash report section).

I would play SR again, but not a chance with this bug.

Link to one of the topics : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2095187/page/1

I’ve been playing it since start of Incursion and never experienced any crashes, it might be related to something else. Could be that some support gems are causing the crashes or maybe not playing in DX11 mode.
Hey, I'm completely new to SR. Any recommendation of which order I should level in the tree?
"
lolan wrote:
Hey, I'm completely new to SR. Any recommendation of which order I should level in the tree?

Hi, I think I answered you that in game couple of minutes ago but I’ll reply again here just in case someone else is wondering:D

It’s completely up to you which way you will go first, ir you feel like you need more damage - get the damage nodes first.
Otherwise, go for life nodes first.

I personally didn’t pick up any damage nodes until 70 (ish), but it all comes down to personal preference. For me the damage was more than enough like that, but I’ve seen people that are playing my build who rush damage first and they still said how they feel super tanky.

I’d add leveling trees but I really want to leave the option of choice to people playing it as after all it really all is about how’s your gear and what you prefer more, so there isn’t really the “best” way
"
"
lolan wrote:

Hi, I think I answered you that in game couple of minutes ago but I’ll reply again here just in case someone else is wondering:D

It’s completely up to you which way you will go first, ir you feel like you need more damage - get the damage nodes first.
Otherwise, go for life nodes first.

I personally didn’t pick up any damage nodes until 70 (ish), but it all comes down to personal preference. For me the damage was more than enough like that, but I’ve seen people that are playing my build who rush damage first and they still said how they feel super tanky.

I’d add leveling trees but I really want to leave the option of choice to people playing it as after all it really all is about how’s your gear and what you prefer more, so there isn’t really the “best” way

I feel like my damage is very low and sluggish. Even after taking a couple of fire damage and burn damage nodes I still kill slower than with freezing pulse.

Maybe my setup is wrong? Currenly using spell totem firestorm and SR with Elemental focus and Controlled Destruction.

Is a +1 wand/sceptre stronger than a rare one?
"
lolan wrote:

I feel like my damage is very low and sluggish. Even after taking a couple of fire damage and burn damage nodes I still kill slower than with freezing pulse.

Maybe my setup is wrong? Currenly using spell totem firestorm and SR with Elemental focus and Controlled Destruction.

Is a +1 wand/sceptre stronger than a rare one?

SR scales greatly with levels, so the problem could be your gem being too low level. Keep in mind that every 2 levels almost double the damage. Go with a rare sceptre and use your SR in a 4L, that’s how I leveled. Just add Efficacy to your current setup.

I used Searing Bond, no idea how Firestorm performs compared to it. I also had it on a 4L, same support gems as SR

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info