[3.5] FACETANK THE WORLD | Instant Leech! 8k+ life, 2.5m+ Shaper DPS Double Strike

"
StrikeS30 wrote:
Enjoying this so far, just goin' slow-ish, taking my time and having fun. This guy really doesn't die much at all, working on stackin' life, cappin' resists.

Thanks again for this build/guide and your continued feedback/Q&A.

On a side note, I played a season as Reave and another as MS, and I actually don't feel any slower clear speed with this? Maybe some of the yellows are a bit stubborn, but it feels good.
I think if your Reave didn't clear any faster than this build...you did reave wrong =P. This build is certainly on par with molten strike however, if not better, but the strength of this build vs reave is single target for sure. The bois do WORK son.

"
RestInPieces wrote:
Great build, actually quite leveled fast, hp pool/defenses are great and life leech is incredible for survivability in HC. My connection is great but still died to a random rare dc, no mobs on screen. Guess I got to go back to afk-friendly builds for HC :(
Hmmm...well we could focus more on passive defenses if you really wanted. It's generally not worth it at the cost of life and damage when we're instant leech, but if you have disconnect or lag spike issues it's a reasonable tweak.

Just drop Blood Magic and the Bloodless cluster and finish the Revenge of the Hunted cluster along with going to ranger start. This will give you a bit less life but better evasion scaling. Now that we have room for auras, run grace and arctic armour for that juicy mitigation, and make sure you're running a jade flask with reflexes in addition to a sin's rebirth (or stibnite until you can afford it). All that's left is drop in a loreweave and we're sitting at 20k evasion flasks down, 45k evasion with flasks up, 80 max res, plus some bonus phys/fire reduction from AA. Throw in a Vengeance setup with some damage gems to get some nice afk leech, and you are a lot harder to bring down in that 6s disconnect timer!

"
Loudstorm wrote:
What links are best to set up additional vaal dobule strike? I'm thinking about: [Vaal Double Strike]+[Increased Duration]+[Bloodlust]+[Melee Physical Damage].

That would give duration around 10 seconds, must be insanely good for tough and long lasting bosses.
The problem is since the vaal skill rework, all copies of a vaal skill share souls and cooldowns, so this separate 4L would have to have significantly better damage than our main setup to justify losing the links to it. First off, if we've gem swapped to single target setup it does less damage, so this only applies to tough long lasting bosses where you aren't gem swapping...so I'm not sure what fights that would be, but it's gotta be a small subset. Then if we do find that niche we're still only getting about the same damage from the doubles, but for like 10s instead of 6s. I don't think I'd drop a 4L for that, as a dedicated vaal ancestral warchief setup would probably be a bigger single target damage boost.

If you're not running VDS to clear then it's a different story of course. I'd run melee phys + damage on full life + inc duration assuming you still can bleed another way. Keep in mind the doubles are immune to damage so DoFL is a free gem, and I'd rather not use bloodlust in case the doubles wander off to clear random trash mobs that appear and can't bleed and thus deal crappy damage and take forever to kill it and get back to the main target.
[3.3] FACETANK THE WORLD: Instant Leech Immortal Double Strike: poeurl.com/b0JX
[2.6] THE DISCIPLINER: Insane Defenses Support Mana Guardian: poeurl.com/ZGS
Lvl 82 in delve. this is a great mapping charachter.

btw i believe death's hand to be the best budget offhand. 30% of phys as extra chaos + power charge generation. chaos damage is arguably better than any elemental as elemental is more easily resisted.

using wasp nest until i feel i need instant leech. wasp nest has instant leech versus packs and greater stats overall. again good budget claw.

anyone having good success in delve with this build?

i had to take a quartz flask because i kept getting body blocked and whirling blades is bugged or something. sometimes it can't go through packs down there.

found this nice amulet from a chest in the mine. it had all the right stats for me. yay :)
Last edited by kompaniet on Sep 7, 2018, 8:33:01 AM
"
kompaniet wrote:
Lvl 82 in delve. this is a great mapping charachter.

btw i believe death's hand to be the best budget offhand. 30% of phys as extra chaos + power charge generation. chaos damage is arguably better than any elemental as elemental is more easily resisted.

using wasp nest until i feel i need instant leech. wasp nest has instant leech versus packs and greater stats overall. again good budget claw.

i had to take a quartz flask because i kept getting body blocked and whirling blades is bugged or something. sometimes it can't go through packs down there.

found this nice amulet from a chest in the mine. it had all the right stats for me. yay :)
I guess that's a good point about death's hand. I didn't play the build at the very start of the league so I went straight from a princess to a shaper offhand, but death's hand is a bit better while waiting for shaped offhands to become reasonably priced. Our hits are so subdivided we don't stun very effectively, but it's bound to happen sometimes. I don't think I personally agree on the wasp nest, as the two claws do about the same dps and wasp nest just attacks a bit faster and has better crit. It's definitely better, but I think I just favor the survivability of instant leech on single target as some bosses are scary when you're gearing up.

That is some weird stuff on whirling blades, but remember that phase run is now instant cast and does provide phasing, so I'd sacrifice a gem slot before I sacrificed a flask slot.
I'm gonna try phase run. The thing is i turn off blood rage in delves when i go spelunker mode and then i don't have frenzy charges for phase run.

I don't like having both darkness degen and the degen from br down there.

The reason i got wasp nest was that last week when i purchased it i got it for 1 alch while bloodseeker was 10 chaos or something ridiculous like that. I was quite poor at that point so it was an easy choice.

I realize that bloodseeker is the core item of the build and i plan to switch to it soon.

Wanted to get a crit corruption on haemophilia before doing so to not lose so much crit chance (blood seeker is 6% crit and wasp nest is close to 8%) but so far no success. The best i got is enfeeble on hit.

I'm gonna test how reliable the power charges from death's hand are versus bosses. For mapping they are up permanentely.
Speaking of permanent here is the belt i use
We have permanent fortify so why not permanent onslaught then :)

Last edited by kompaniet on Sep 7, 2018, 3:11:00 PM
So just had a look into rings and amulets and realized that you've got rings with %life rolls, how'd you get those? Can't seem to find anything, unless it's essences...
"
kompaniet wrote:
I'm gonna try phase run. The thing is i turn off blood rage in delves when i go spelunker mode and then i don't have frenzy charges for phase run.

I don't like having both darkness degen and the degen from br down there.

The reason i got wasp nest was that last week when i purchased it i got it for 1 alch while bloodseeker was 10 chaos or something ridiculous like that. I was quite poor at that point so it was an easy choice.

I realize that bloodseeker is the core item of the build and i plan to switch to it soon.

Wanted to get a crit corruption on haemophilia before doing so to not lose so much crit chance (blood seeker is 6% crit and wasp nest is close to 8%) but so far no success. The best i got is enfeeble on hit.

I'm gonna test how reliable the power charges from death's hand are versus bosses. For mapping they are up permanentely.
Speaking of permanent here is the belt i use
We have permanent fortify so why not permanent onslaught then :)
Well with high level no quality inc duration it still lasts like 2.5s even with no frenzy charges, so that should probably be good enough to make it back to the light if you also have a quicksilver up, or at least away from the cluster of mobs so you can start whirling. Ahh, yeah that makes sense on the wasp nest. Hah, permanent onslaught is pretty nice considering we're strapped for flasks, but considering we have so much %life already it's a tough sell to use a belt with yet more %life but no flat life. But hey, clear speed is a big deal early when you're trying to farm, so doesn't seem bad.

"
Nickolai20599 wrote:
So just had a look into rings and amulets and realized that you've got rings with %life rolls, how'd you get those? Can't seem to find anything, unless it's essences...
Haha, I didn't think about that. So those were acquired during Incursion league, as there was a temple prefix that was t1 life + %life as a single mod. It's kind of insane, but it could only drop from certain temple encounters. I always assumed they would roll Incursion into the main game because it was so popular, but it turns out they wanted to polish it a bit more and bring it back in December, so don't worry it will be back again, just not this league.
That's a bummer, but on the bright side I've been working towards crafting something pretty sick in Delve which will fit in nicely with the build
"
kompaniet wrote:

You mean azurite mines? This build is love <3 For example when you break wall and throw flare in, you have to press attack button once and whole room explodes. Vaal Double Strike help with speeding up encounters, for example vaal cities, you press vaal skill twice and you have free time to collect loot.

How I get 2mil dps? Currently at 227k (AoE gem setup), 550+ solo, sin/promise/diamond, 6L. It's enough to melt t13 bosses in 5 sec, but 2 mil sound sweet :D
Last edited by Loudstorm on Sep 7, 2018, 9:15:28 PM
"
Loudstorm wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:

You mean azurite mines? This build is love <3 For example when you break wall and throw flare in, you have to press attack button once and whole room explodes. Vaal Double Strike help with speeding up encounters, for example vaal cities, you press vaal skill twice and you have free time to collect loot.

How I get 2mil dps? Currently at 227k (AoE gem setup), 550+ solo, sin/promise/diamond, 6L. It's enough to melt t13 bosses in 5 sec, but 2 mil sound sweet :D

Lookin' at your dude, it looks like you don't have any jewels in your tree, and on the PoB make sure you have all the configurations clicked on. Once I get my last ascendancy node (trouble finding burning) I'll be sitting at about 420k AoE, and 1m single target full swap. Without Sins or Taste, and still some pretty mediocre gear
the 2 million dps is with the expensive flasks enabled, lvl 21 double strike, crit chest, power charge corrupted weapon and crit corrupted gloves. check the path of building code.

"
Loudstorm wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:

Yes i meant in the mine. I'm having a blast with this build farming azurite. Phase run was great. Thanks for the tip thread creator. It worked very well.
Last edited by kompaniet on Sep 7, 2018, 9:41:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info