[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

@Monhsaroh

so what about swapping warlock mark with elemental weaknes or assasin mark? is there no max neagtive res reduction on enemies?

Also got idea about using

Will give on my point of view more survilability due ofen proc of shade form (MS gems in chest)
plus more attack speed and hp boost and dps boost due to 20lvl elem weaknes
flat damage from abys jewel (count 3 from chest and gloves) will overrol damage against burning enemies.
Just a question how often molten strike will trigger shadow form...
I will try it today.

About watcher's eye fith fire damage and fire penetration witch i alrdy have (in my sklil tree akrdy) its like investments cause they will cost a lot always

P.S. Just tested and got a question.
I put molten gems in chest adn if just hold molten bottom shade form trigered once, bit if i click several times instead holding shade form trigered rather often. Is this righ? Shade for trigers on clicks?) ithought tjha if we have nice attack speed and nice molten attack speed shade form will triger every time.
Also due to 3 abys sockets we have same or more hp with belly but more damage (aprox + 150 flat hp from 3 jewels) as it easy to find flat hp+fore damage to attacks+attack speed.
Last edited by DOLG_NeMeC on Jul 24, 2018, 8:12:18 AM
And one another question what do u think about Xoph's Blood insteed impressence + essence worm flamability?
Shadow form has 45s initial cooldown,and ele pen from chest is not that op since we do only fire damage
"
DOLG_NeMeC wrote:
What u say about lorewever with cwdt-coh-enfeeble-blind-warlord's mark-herald of ash setup?
will it be easier to runs maps and bosses? Wish to try it but prices are 15ex+

"
DOLG_NeMeC wrote:
I bought loreweve and lightpoacher

Will such setup better?
just tryied T15 and it was like 100 lvl on act 1

https://youtu.be/DtHxUe2pusM

Just made Hydra T16 only using flicker. THAS WAS FACEROLL

That gem setup does absolutely nothing.

1. Your CWDT (Cast When Damage Taken) is level 1 and can only trigger low level spells (they must require a player level of 38 or less). All the spells in the link are level 20, which require a player level of 70. Read the gem description of CWDT carefully.

2. Curses and Herald of Ash don't Hit. Meaning Curse on Hit and Blind aren't doing anything.

3. You're trying to use 3 curses: Flammability, Enfeeble, and Warlord's Mark. Monsters can only have 1 curse on them at a time. This limit is raised to 2 in this build thanks to the Whispers of Doom notable on the passive tree. To further increase the limit to 3, you need another source of "Enemies can have 1 additional Curse", like from an amulet implicit corruption or Doedre's Damning. Otherwise one curse will be overwritten by the other two.

4. Why do you even want to use Warlord's Mark? Life and Mana Leech are easy to get for attack builds, and the Scion Juggernaut ascendancy already gives Endurance Charges.

5. Herald of Ash isn't great for this build. Oro's Sacrifice has no physical damage.

6. Your video is of a Sunken Temple run, not Hydra.

"
DOLG_NeMeC wrote:
@Monhsaroh

so what about swapping warlock mark with elemental weaknes or assasin mark? is there no max neagtive res reduction on enemies?

Assassin's Mark is useless for this build, because it uses the Elemental Overload keystone.

Negative resistances are not capped, but they have diminishing returns. This build already uses Flammability, Combustion, and Fire Penetration.

"
DOLG_NeMeC wrote:
And one another question what do u think about Xoph's Blood insteed impressence + essence worm flamability?

Flammability is a Curse, not an Aura. You need Blasphemy to turn it into an Aura. That requires 2 linked sockets. Essence Worm has 1 socket.
So for those who have actually played the build at a high level, what map mods do you consider a no-go for this build? Off the top of my head...

* Enemies have a X% chance to avoid elemental ailments (at least the 90% roll on red maps)
* Enemies reflect X% of elemental damage

I've seen the author's vids, it seems like the build has no issues with any curses, and can even run no-leech. I assume no-regen is fine as well, since the build has a little leech. Is there anything else I'm missing?

Also the OP mentions you need a freeze immune flask... doesn't Jugg ascendancy cover that? I know it doesn't explicitly list freeze immunity, but stun immunity should cover that, right? Or no?

Finally, if we have a Dying Sun available, what's the best flask to drop for it? Atziri's?
Last edited by Xyrm on Jul 25, 2018, 11:04:55 AM
Finally back!!!!

Thanks everyone who helped answer questions in absence.

"
Xyrm wrote:
So for those who have actually played the build at a high level, what map mods do you consider a no-go for this build? Off the top of my head...

* Enemies have a X% chance to avoid elemental ailments (at least the 90% roll on red maps)
* Enemies reflect X% of elemental damage

I've seen the author's vids, it seems like the build has no issues with any curses, and can even run no-leech. I assume no-regen is fine as well, since the build has a little leech. Is there anything else I'm missing?

Also the OP mentions you need a freeze immune flask... doesn't Jugg ascendancy cover that? I know it doesn't explicitly list freeze immunity, but stun immunity should cover that, right? Or no?

Finally, if we have a Dying Sun available, what's the best flask to drop for it? Atziri's?
We can still run -90% ignite avoid maps no problem because we're also using blood rage which will keep our frenzy charges up. Reflect maps are instant suicide. No regen and -60% regen maps are REALLY annoying since we have anywhere between 6-8% hp regen/sec and the difference in survivability is immediately noticeable. They are pretty doable though. Keep blood rage off for no regen or -60% regen maps.

Basically only elemental reflect maps are strictly off limits.

Can 100% still be frozen, the scion jugg ascendancy only stops chills which is pretty nice and straight up stuns. We have too much mitigation to ever be frozen running maps, but it is still a nasty surprise from strongboxes.

No issues with curses at all if you move fast.

Just because of all the chaos damage going on this league, I'd recommend keeping your atziri's promise close to you at all times, +35% chaos res is no joke for incursions. For bosses without chaos damage, or if you're ignoring Alva, drop atziri's since it doesn't last very long compared to wise oak and they do comparable damage.

Also, concerning the champion ascendancy, it looks like all the bonuses that it gives such as the taunt, the fortify and the intimidate on full life all apply to the totem (the totem actually gets fortify), so you don't need to worry about the permanent intimidation not being applied because of the totem. It doesn't look like it applies to the golem though, so the golem can still mess things up. If you're concerned about the golem messing things up just drop it for a vaal skill or increased duration or whatever, golem isn't a critical part of build.

Finally had time to look at the jugg version you made and really like it. Just throwing it in pob a bit I got something like this: https://pastebin.com/Hk0KrTxv

The version I sent is super un-optimized though and for sure could be made much better. It's ~25% less damage than the scion version but it's much tankier and looks cheaper too since it won't use so many abyss jewels. Also might not have set up configurations up for it correctly.

Would have to keep fortify up with leap slam, and maybe link it to increased duration or take some of those increased skill effect duration nodes which are affected by might of the meek for longer fortify time.

"
DOLG_NeMeC wrote:
Xoph's blood is a +17% dps increase if you can get it to activate 100% of the time, which we can't. The covered in ashes debuff only lasts for 4 seconds and our guardian/shaper dodge chance is 81% (with blind) and 75% against T16 white, magic and rare monsters (no blind). There's going to be long periods of time where its effect isn't active.

Other posters covered a lot of you other questions as well.

"
klav07 wrote:
Hey, sorry if this has been covered in this thread but im a casual player and was wondering if the ancestral call/molten strike interaction still worked for single target, and if so, is it worth using it over another support? I recall it being really strong when the skill was introduced.

Thanks, and its been a fun build thus far. Not sure how to compares to the numerous other flicker builds I've played, but I've literally just hit lvl 67 so the real fun starts now I suppose!
I'm pretty sure the interaction still works, it does require pretty clean positioning though which can be tricky when bosses are moving all over the place. Not sure of the dps numbers and how it compares. Drop fire penetration support if you're going that route as it's the weakest support.

Hope you enjoy, I'm a long time flicker player and this is the smoothest one I've ever played.
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
"
Monhsaroh wrote:
Finally back!!!!
I'm pretty sure the interaction still works, it does require pretty clean positioning though which can be tricky when bosses are moving all over the place. Not sure of the dps numbers and how it compares. Drop fire penetration support if you're going that route as it's the weakest support.

Hope you enjoy, I'm a long time flicker player and this is the smoothest one I've ever played.

Interesting, when I 6L I'll test it out. I just prefer the QOL of ancestral call on molten strike since I'm used to using it for clearing blue packs or on strongboxes - but I can see the sense in not having it for single target. Thanks!
Thanks for the reply Mohn. I opted for the kaoms + weapon swap setup, and I'm only 75, but so far this build is the best flicker experience I've ever had. I had initial concerns about survivability with the leech so low, but the layer defenses really do the trick. At my current level mana is a little sketchy, but I didn't follow your leveling suggestions to the letter, so it's probably my fault as I'm missing one regen node still, and my level is still low (more levels = more base mana = more recovery from leech and regen). I dumped most of my currency into this build, only about 18 exalts left (I was lazy and bought pre-linked Oros, bought the starkonja with +3 MS proj, etc, and used some expensive items left over from other builds, like my rings).

And then I used molten strike. I don't think I've played any build, even blade flurry builds, that can kill a single target that fast. I don't know what sorcery you pulled with this build, as I had a lot of questions about your skill gem choices in your 6 links, but I just went along with it and I don't think I'm every going to question your build again. Whatever you did, this build really is as tanky and potent as your videos show. My character profiles should be public, it's "XyrmsIncurOro" or something like that.
Thinking of doing this as the flashback starter and tried a little Act 1 run to get the leveling down. I couldn't kill the Warden with molten strike. Any other leveling advice when you have zero gear? Excited to get it going with all of the flashbacks.
"
Acaila_edhel wrote:
Thinking of doing this as the flashback starter and tried a little Act 1 run to get the leveling down. I couldn't kill the Warden with molten strike. Any other leveling advice when you have zero gear? Excited to get it going with all of the flashbacks.

Hey acaila,

Make sure you have decoy totem which is quest reward from the rhoa nest breaking mission. The decoy totem doesn't last long at low level but it will soak a few hits. One of the vendors in town will also sell tribal mauls which you can use at level 8, these are good. Make sure molten strike is linked with ancestral call support gem. The warden shouldn't be too hard if you do these things, good luck!

Edit: If you're talking about leveling in general and not just the warden, most important thing is to make sure the weapon you are using is level appropriate. Generally you don't want to keep the same weapon for very long unless its insane.

Here is an excellent video on how to keep your weapon level appropriate when you literally have nothing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNb3Ke-b3aU
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
Last edited by Monhsaroh on Jul 28, 2018, 12:34:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info