[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

Done a few red elders and smashed em. Smoked a double damage mod chimera map. Still melting bosses in Elder UGS maps in a full 6 man group. This build is fantastic and a blast to play. I dropped about 7 ex for upgrades since my last post. Helmet cost me 3.5ex, 1.3 for the taming, and idk if they show on here but I dropped about 2ex on some 48+ life fire damage jewels and an ex on a might of the meek.

Next goal is shaper and Uber elder but I have no doubt that they'll melt just as quick. Red elders are instant phases into guarding shaper and even that's easy as molten strike melts the portals and flicker cleans up the trash.

Loving the build!
Last edited by Crimpingblow on Dec 26, 2018, 5:02:57 PM
Hey there! Loving the build so far. Still need to make the switch over to some more OP endgame gear, but still feeling really strong at 80ish in mid-tier maps.

My main issue with this build is a con you mentioned, that is backtracking and controlling path with flicker. The main downside to this is the lack of movement speed in the build or it wouldn't be so bad for mapping more smoothly. Even though it is very fast mob clear, it seems a bit inefficient without MS to make up for the backtracking/pathing.

Any ideas to increase movement speed for a better QOL feel? Maybe it's just me but I feel painfully slow when not flickering and Leap Slam is basically useless for me except for getting up/down areas after flicker tele's you off path.

Thanks for the build and any help! I'll probably link you my gear for advice in the next few days after trying to upgrade a few more pieces.
Hello, loving the build so far but i would like to know whether if aspect of the cat/spider will be useful? Thanks!
"
Maybe a noob question, but why Anger of Herald of Ash? Ash seems objectively better to me

Herald of ash doesn't have good synergy with Oro's. It gives us extra damage based off of our physical damage, and a little more clear.

Since Oro's doesn't do physical damage herald of ash doesn't give us any extra damage, just a little more clear.

"
zhenyaowen wrote:
Why the fire impresence costs 1.4 ex while other types of impresence only cost 8 chaos? I checked on poe wiki, those are just the same.

A lot of popular builds are using it right now unfortunately, just supply and demand.

"
xbryguyx wrote:
Easily doing red maps. I clearly need better gear to accomplish my goal of shaper/elder but once again im getting there. I think i need to really buckle down and 6l my stuff and obtain might of the meeks. Should that be my main goal?

Yup, 6 link weapon first, then either +2 MS helmet or the meeks.

"
Crimpingblow wrote:
Next goal is shaper and Uber elder but I have no doubt that they'll melt just as quick. Red elders are instant phases into guarding shaper and even that's easy as molten strike melts the portals and flicker cleans up the trash.

Loving the build!

RIP Uber Elder.

"
AbrownMN wrote:
Hey there! Loving the build so far. Still need to make the switch over to some more OP endgame gear, but still feeling really strong at 80ish in mid-tier maps.

My main issue with this build is a con you mentioned, that is backtracking and controlling path with flicker. The main downside to this is the lack of movement speed in the build or it wouldn't be so bad for mapping more smoothly. Even though it is very fast mob clear, it seems a bit inefficient without MS to make up for the backtracking/pathing.

Any ideas to increase movement speed for a better QOL feel? Maybe it's just me but I feel painfully slow when not flickering and Leap Slam is basically useless for me except for getting up/down areas after flicker tele's you off path.

Thanks for the build and any help! I'll probably link you my gear for advice in the next few days after trying to upgrade a few more pieces.

Quicksilver of adrenaline + jewel with "% chance to grant onslaught on kill" gives some serious speed. Check the turbo ghosted minotaur video linked in the main post introduction, that movement speed is obtained using that combo. About to put up some new budget videos with it being used in too, it feels good.

Will have to drop either bleed/frozen/curse immunity for an adrenaline flask though. Either get a jewel with the corruption implicit "corrupted blood cannot be inflicted upon you" and drop the bleed flask or just drop the freeze flask and be very careful opening lock boxes.

"
baronkid wrote:
Hello, loving the build so far but i would like to know whether if aspect of the cat/spider will be useful? Thanks!

Wish we could use spider aura since it's pretty damn nice and would benefit the build, don't think it's worth dropping any of our aura reservations for though sadly.
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
How did you get Oro's to have 3 blue and 3 reds? I have spent over 200 chromatics trying to do that.
"
Crimpingblow wrote:

Done a few red elders and smashed em. Smoked a double damage mod chimera map. Still melting bosses in Elder UGS maps in a full 6 man group. This build is fantastic and a blast to play. I dropped about 7 ex for upgrades since my last post. Helmet cost me 3.5ex, 1.3 for the taming, and idk if they show on here but I dropped about 2ex on some 48+ life fire damage jewels and an ex on a might of the meek.

Loving the build!

Could you explain where your resists are coming from? Maybe I am missing something but I am looking to switch my gear around and I am running into issues with that. It doesn't seem like you have enough resists on your peripheral items with all the build essentials that lack them it seems low. Maybe my math is off, but especially after the passive tree change.

Do you have any resists on Jewels or elsewhere to supplement?

I feel like if I switch to my 6L belly and lose those resists and then craft a GG stygian and lose my Cold resist there I'll be all screwed up unless I redo all kinds of gear. I have quite a bit of overshoot on fire and light I suppose so maybe it's just balancing those down and I am answering my own question. Still curious as to the Jewels though.

Thanks!!
"
soulseptem52 wrote:
How did you get Oro's to have 3 blue and 3 reds? I have spent over 200 chromatics trying to do that.

Google, Vorici Calculator.

I believe 1B Crafting Bench is the most efficient for that, but 200 Chromatic Orbs is nothing. You will spend 500 minimum and could easily be many more if you're unlucky like me. I could barely get 2B, 4R.

It's a Str (Red) and Dex (Green) item so it's certainly not a cakewalk to get 3/6 Blue and the rest all one color.
Thanks for making this build guide Im loving it. Im not up to par w/all the gear yet and missing out on some of the unique gems but Im working on it. My noob questions are in which priority would you qual your skill gems? Also does the ilvl of the unique gems mean anything? Im sure I will have more questions as I plug along hope you guys dont mind <3
"
AbrownMN wrote:

Could you explain where your resists are coming from? Maybe I am missing something but I am looking to switch my gear around and I am running into issues with that. It doesn't seem like you have enough resists on your peripheral items with all the build essentials that lack them it seems low. Maybe my math is off, but especially after the passive tree change.

I feel like if I switch to my 6L belly and lose those resists and then craft a GG stygian and lose my Cold resist there I'll be all screwed up unless I redo all kinds of gear. I have quite a bit of overshoot on fire and light I suppose so maybe it's just balancing those down and I am answering my own question. Still curious as to the Jewels though.

Thanks!!

IIRC, I don't have any resists on my jewels. My tree matches the level 93 post-uber lab build on the original post. As such, I have 7 Jewel sockets + my stygian. I've got wildfire, fireborn, watcher's eye, 1x might of the meek two rare jewels with % life, attack speed, and % increased fire damage, and a rare abyssal Jewel with flat life and flat fire damage.

According to in game and PoB my resistances are capped though just barely. 164/88/76 for fire/cold/light. Note that this is without endurance charges, remember that they give resists as well so it's possible you could get by with uncapped res so long as you're capped with Max endurance charges.

Unfortunately I'm away from my computer for the next two days but when I get back I'd be glad to post my PoB.

Looking at my gear I posted, it looks like I have 110 cold and 99 light res from my gear alone. So I must be picking up some res from the tree. If you go to my characters on my profile you can see the tree there
Last edited by Crimpingblow on Dec 27, 2018, 1:55:20 PM
"
Crimpingblow wrote:
"
AbrownMN wrote:

Thanks!!

IIRC, I don't have any resists on my jewels. My tree matches the level 93 post-uber lab build on the original post. As such, I have 7 Jewel sockets + my stygian. I've got wildfire, fireborn, watcher's eye, 1x might of the meek two rare jewels with % life, attack speed, and % increased fire damage, and a rare abyssal Jewel with flat life and flat fire damage.

According to in game and PoB my resistances are capped though just barely. 164/88/76 for fire/cold/light. Note that this is without endurance charges, remember that they give resists as well so it's possible you could get by with uncapped res so long as you're capped with Max endurance charges.

Unfortunately I'm away from my computer for the next two days but when I get back I'd be glad to post my PoB.

Looking at my gear I posted, it looks like I have 110 cold and 99 light res from my gear alone. So I must be picking up some res from the tree. If you go to my characters on my profile you can see the tree there

Excellent, thanks for the reply. I'll look forward to seeing that path.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info