[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

Greetings

I was wondering if i could swap Oros for Starforge and if I do my chance to ignite should be how much exactly to flicker reliably?
"
zoiac wrote:
I don't know if I'm gonna buy another MoTM and just sit there crying watching there's a +3 projectile stark in the market in a sudden and I can't buy it anymore cuz bought the 2nd MoTM.

Gear:

It doesn't have to be a Starkonja helmet, a rare helmet with the molten strike enchant would be an excellent replacement. One of the reasons Starkonjas was recommended was due to how common it normally is, which doesn't seem to be the case for you.

Even a white helmet with the molten strike enchant would be very good, you can use an essence of greed (essence which gives +flat hp) and orbs of scouring (won't remove enchant) to craft your own gear. This method is surprisingly cheap.

The molten strike +3 enchant isn't necessary but will give you 1.33x damage on molten strike if you're using dying sun (9 increased to 12 projectiles) and 1.43x damage if you aren't using dying sun (7 increased to 12 projectiles). Even +2 projectile enchant is a worthwhile upgrade.

A 6 link will give you roughly 1.35x to 1.4x damage on the 6 linked skill.

Right now Might of the Meeks are 140 chaos for us, at the time this guide was written they were 40 chaos. That's really lame that they are so expensive for you, and that they've gotten so expensive in general. Prioritizing other gear over the last might of the meek is probably optimal.

Concerning Watcher's eye, remember that you can only use one. % increased fire damage and % fire penetration are roughly equivalent in damage, just buy the one that is cheapest.

We already get intimidate (1.1x damage) through Ascendency, Tombfist wouldn't be that good for this reason alone.

5.3k health seems like a really low amount, 6k would be a good spot. Prioritize gear with high health rolls and you'll hit it.

Diamond ring is only good up until a certain point, if you feel that the "Elemental Overload" buff is up almost 100% of the time, crit essentially becomes worthless to us. It's up to you if an opal ring is better than a diamond ring.

If you set your profile to public I could take a peek and recommend biggest upgrades/direction.

Boss fights:

For Minotaur you can abuse our passive endurance charge generation and immortal call CWDT. With a high level immortal call linked to a high level cast when damage taken support, the only threat in Minotaur fight is dying to a 1 shot.

A high level immortal call and CWDT give about 3 seconds of immunity to anything Minotaur does, by the time the immortal call expires you'll have leeched all your life back and have 3 endurance charges already.

His most dangerous 1 shot ability is his burrow ability (yes it does more damage than his big windup slam), where he goes underground before popping out again. You can avoid this attack completely by being in his melee range at all times as he won't use it if he can melee hit you. If you're dying to his big slam, melee hits or the rock shower, basalt flask and more hp will help a lot.

If you don't feel confident face tanking him just be aware of his burrow ability and don't get hit by it. If you can't see him he's probably burrowing to you.

For phoenix, save all your flasks for when he gets to low hp, he gets more and more dangerous the lower his health goes. You want to finish the fight really quick once he drops below 40% hp.

Uber Atziri is the second hardest fight in the game, the first set you ever try will almost always be failed so don't feel bad. At the 3 mini-boss fight, kill the woman first she hurts the most. Good luck bro.

Feel free to translate! This guide is for sharing.

"
Vinzz0 wrote:
If you added a Unnatural Instinct Jewel to where your watcher's eye is in POB and switched the IAS nodes to Spell Damage for the Jewel to give the best effect.

This seems like it would be insanely OP.

Or am I mistaken......

Didn't seem worth it to me on builds that don't take the critical strike multiplier nodes.

Essentially you trade a jewel slot for:

- 6% attack speed
- 8% life
- 16% movement speed
- 10 dex
- 10 int

A well rolled rare jewel would outperform these benefits unless you highly value movement speed. Since we take Elemental Overload, the super juicy crit multi passives don't have any effect.

"
holyknightth wrote:
Greetings

I was wondering if i could swap Oros for Starforge and if I do my chance to ignite should be how much exactly to flicker reliably?

Hey holy,

Starforge wouldn't work since the frenzy charge generation on ignite isn't part of flicker strike the skill, but part of the mechanics of Oro's sacrifice. Without Oro's it would be impossible to generate frenzy charge on ignite.

"
Straafe wrote:
I also switched my Steam profile to public, let me know if that let's you view my skill tree etc, everything else was already unchecked in that page.

Hey Straafe,

Thanks for making your profile public. Loved the variant you made of the build but noticed that you haven't taken a critical life/mana leech passive. This is probably why you are struggling so hard with life regeneration and most likely mana regeneration as well.

It's the "+0.4% attack damage leeched as life and mana" passive right to the left of "Point blank", in the bottom right of the skill tree.

This should allow you to drop all but one of your life flasks and pick up cheap damage flasks such as "Atziri's promise" and "Wise Oak"

Hope this helps!
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
"
Monhsaroh wrote:
"
zoiac wrote:
I don't know if I'm gonna buy another MoTM and just sit there crying watching there's a +3 projectile stark in the market in a sudden and I can't buy it anymore cuz bought the 2nd MoTM.

Gear:

It doesn't have to be a Starkonja helmet, a rare helmet with the molten strike enchant would be an excellent replacement. One of the reasons Starkonjas was recommended was due to how common it normally is, which doesn't seem to be the case for you.

Even a white helmet with the molten strike enchant would be very good, you can use an essence of greed (essence which gives +flat hp) and orbs of scouring (won't remove enchant) to craft your own gear. This method is surprisingly cheap.

The molten strike +3 enchant isn't necessary but will give you 1.33x damage on molten strike if you're using dying sun (9 increased to 12 projectiles) and 1.43x damage if you aren't using dying sun (7 increased to 12 projectiles). Even +2 projectile enchant is a worthwhile upgrade.

A 6 link will give you roughly 1.35x to 1.4x damage on the 6 linked skill.

Right now Might of the Meeks are 140 chaos for us, at the time this guide was written they were 40 chaos. That's really lame that they are so expensive for you, and that they've gotten so expensive in general. Prioritizing other gear over the last might of the meek is probably optimal.

Concerning Watcher's eye, remember that you can only use one. % increased fire damage and % fire penetration are roughly equivalent in damage, just buy the one that is cheapest.

We already get intimidate (1.1x damage) through Ascendency, Tombfist wouldn't be that good for this reason alone.

5.3k health seems like a really low amount, 6k would be a good spot. Prioritize gear with high health rolls and you'll hit it.

Diamond ring is only good up until a certain point, if you feel that the "Elemental Overload" buff is up almost 100% of the time, crit essentially becomes worthless to us. It's up to you if an opal ring is better than a diamond ring.

If you set your profile to public I could take a peek and recommend biggest upgrades/direction.

Boss fights:

For Minotaur you can abuse our passive endurance charge generation and immortal call CWDT. With a high level immortal call linked to a high level cast when damage taken support, the only threat in Minotaur fight is dying to a 1 shot.

A high level immortal call and CWDT give about 3 seconds of immunity to anything Minotaur does, by the time the immortal call expires you'll have leeched all your life back and have 3 endurance charges already.

His most dangerous 1 shot ability is his burrow ability (yes it does more damage than his big windup slam), where he goes underground before popping out again. You can avoid this attack completely by being in his melee range at all times as he won't use it if he can melee hit you. If you're dying to his big slam, melee hits or the rock shower, basalt flask and more hp will help a lot.

If you don't feel confident face tanking him just be aware of his burrow ability and don't get hit by it. If you can't see him he's probably burrowing to you.

For phoenix, save all your flasks for when he gets to low hp, he gets more and more dangerous the lower his health goes. You want to finish the fight really quick once he drops below 40% hp.

Uber Atziri is the second hardest fight in the game, the first set you ever try will almost always be failed so don't feel bad. At the 3 mini-boss fight, kill the woman first she hurts the most. Good luck bro.

Feel free to translate! This guide is for sharing.

Last night saw a starkonja with +3 projectiles and it costs 12EX.
12,T W E L V E.
I guess I have to do it myself.
Starkonja for us is pretty common so by itself it's still pretty cheap.The player base is small because PoE is not that common in THM(stands for TW HK Macau)but starkonja itself is still very cheap so NP.
The problem is it's too common,every lab runners are going for a good enchant on a starkonja's,so the price goes pretty high when they have a good enchantment.
I will try to find another better helmet though but my starkonja got 99hp so probably can't replace it so soon.

About 6L,still trying,honestly it's so hard to find because oro's and belly are not that common.Just looked it up in market,6L oro costs 2.5exand 6L belly costs 6.
(btw last night no one are selling it,perhaps it's from the delve,saw someone got it from the delve.)
earning money to buy the 6L oro,hope no one buys it and fucked me up.

MoTM 140C.
no comment. *find a corner and cries.*

watcher's eye...yeah maybe as a player who's broke as fuck can't really afford anything,maybe this thing are not an option anymore :((

aight selling dem tombfists. *money money money*

just reached 5.4k(not much but still a hundred.) from a decent GOLD RING.
before reaching 90+ lv I have to use two rings with int stats to be able to use my L20 enfeeble(also flammabilty,since they are on the same gear).After I starting to get that int point in top left corner,above the "quick recovery"point,right now at 94lv don't really need both rings to have int(still need one but yeah ok).It really leaves me no choice to use shit rings until now.

still trying to hit a good ring with fossils.btw I think I forgot to ask this before,if I want ele dmg on atk,perhaps some fire% dmg too,and some life.
Is prismatic + scroched + serrated the way to go?fuck the resists,I want to go ham.
(just kidding,still need few more cold and lightning resists but I think we can get it from master's.)
And about diamond vs opal,I guess I will use diamond because my crit chance is still fairly low.Can keep it up for 60% of the time and probably 90% when I'm lucky enough.

Will level up my CWDT and call now.
tbh when I fight minotaur,I saw a post and some vids about how to fight him before,they said minotaur will only burrow where you "WERE" when hes underground.
But for some reason he will follow me until the end of the world,and I got butt fucked so hard.

For pheonix,challenged him once again,pretty easy now.

still feels pretty bad that I fucked up alot in 3bosses.I actually got the woman first,but then I think she spawns some mobs which hurts alot with projectiles,died to them 2 times.
and the atziri man...I fucked up,got her below 30% but don't have any portal left to challenge her again.:(((((

Finally,about the profile you are talking about,since I'm not player on your server(TW got a own server which is not under GGG's control,it really is on it's OWN.So I don't think changing my profile makes any difference.)
And about the translate,I am still thinking about it tbh.
The reason is price in our server is high enough,if I managed to make this build popular then some of the price of the uniques are going to increase alot more...
but I'm just a small potato,still relatively new to the game,don't think I can make such a huge blast to the TW PoE community.

Just asking,is there any chance I can add you on something like discord?
If you really wants to give me some advice about my gear,I can do that on discord and post it.Also I can translate it real quick since it's all on chinese.
(Not to mention when I posted the translated version of this guide,people are going to ask me some question,I don't think I can answer them very properly :/)
Just asking,if it's not ok then everything is still good.
(If you can though,perhaps you can send me your ID through PM if you don't wanna expose anything I guess?)

real quick update 9/21
holy shit I'm starting to translate this guide,went through the end game gear part.
SAW EFFIGON WAS 3CHAOS
I'm done.effigon in THM costs 15+ when I look it up now.some guy even selling it for 1ex.
Last season it was 1ex too,YIKES.
LMAO this makes me want to quit THM server.

9/22
done translation,received some reaction even it's midnight.
A guy asked one question so I'm just gonna ask first even before you answered my request of the discord thing:
Ancestral Warchief compare to Ancestral Protector,which one is better?since warchief giving us some flat damage.
Last edited by zoiac on Sep 21, 2018, 2:37:52 PM
Hi there Monhsaroh,

Just wanted to say thank you for this lovely build, its so much fun to play!

Now I have a small concern with my damage and survivability, and I just cannot figure out what I'm missing, I am pretty certain that my profile is public, so just wanted to ask if you at some point have the time, could take a look and check if I'm being stupid.

I can do up to and around t10 maps, but i have to be so, so careful not to die.
"
It's the "+0.4% attack damage leeched as life and mana" passive right to the left of "Point blank", in the bottom right of the skill tree.

Holy crap man this is exactly why I am relying so hard on the life gain on hit right now, can't believe I missed that.
How high do you recommend we level our CWDT?

Edit - Saw in your guide rough recommend levels.

Also, just tried Red Tier Elder again with the life on hit rings and life leech, absolutely smoked him with zero deaths and guess what he dropped?

Too bad speccing into the +1 max number of curses is going to ruin my HP pool...
Last edited by Straafe on Sep 21, 2018, 4:50:04 PM
Greetings

I have an Empower lvl 4 is it worth swapping it in for ruthless in the flicker setup? Or should i put in the molten setup in place of something else?
"
zoiac wrote:
About 6L,still trying,honestly it's so hard to find because oro's and belly are not that common.Just looked it up in market,6L oro costs 2.5exand 6L belly costs 6.
(btw last night no one are selling it,perhaps it's from the delve,saw someone got it from the delve.)
earning money to buy the 6L oro,hope no one buys it and fucked me up.

The pricing on your server seems really weird. 6link Oro's for 2.5ex is dirt cheap buy that one quick. 6link Oro's over here are 5-6ex. Meanwhile 1 ex effigon? It's a super common prophecy it should be worthless...

Unsure over which fossils to use, I haven't had as much time as I'd like to play with Delve league.

Ancestral Warchief is bad for us because it only increases melee damage. Only the melee swing of molten strike counts as melee damage, the fire ball shower which is 95% of the damage is considered as a projectile attack by the game, and doesn't benefit at all from Warchief.

Will send discord ID by PM

"
mika1369 wrote:
Hi there Monhsaroh,

Just wanted to say thank you for this lovely build, its so much fun to play!

Now I have a small concern with my damage and survivability, and I just cannot figure out what I'm missing, I am pretty certain that my profile is public, so just wanted to ask if you at some point have the time, could take a look and check if I'm being stupid.

I can do up to and around t10 maps, but i have to be so, so careful not to die.

Hey Mika!

Glad you're having fun with it. 4300 hp is really low for T10 maps, ideally you would want 5700-6000hp at that point.

Prioritizing life on your gloves, rings, and jewels as well as getting a few more levels will allow you to reach that threshold without much difficulty. Otherwise everything else looks great.

"
holyknightth wrote:
Greetings

I have an Empower lvl 4 is it worth swapping it in for ruthless in the flicker setup? Or should i put in the molten setup in place of something else?

Unfortunately while spells get huge benefits from added levels, melee abilities don't have much synergy with added levels. You'd be better off saving the empower for a spellcaster or selling it.

"
Straafe wrote:
How high do you recommend we level our CWDT?

Edit - Saw in your guide rough recommend levels.

Also, just tried Red Tier Elder again with the life on hit rings and life leech, absolutely smoked him with zero deaths and guess what he dropped?

Too bad speccing into the +1 max number of curses is going to ruin my HP pool...

If you got this far without any leech no boss in the game will stand in your way lmao. True determination. Gz!
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
Hello Monhsaroh

I got two questions please

1) In your guardian videos (at least) I can notice bosses die from Culling Strike mechanism (at 10% they just die instantly). Can you explain how?

2) Is the only LIFE leech you get the 0,4% node below Duelist area? How does it feel with only 0,4% life leech? (i know 0,4% mana leech is enough)

Thanks for your time!
"
nel0angel0 wrote:
1) In your guardian videos (at least) I can notice bosses die from Culling Strike mechanism (at 10% they just die instantly). Can you explain how?

Oro's Sacrifice has a Culling Strike Against Burning Enemies unique mod.

"
nel0angel0 wrote:
2) Is the only LIFE leech you get the 0,4% node below Duelist area? How does it feel with only 0,4% life leech? (i know 0,4% mana leech is enough)

From earlier in the thread:

"
Monhsaroh wrote:
Life leech is capped at 1/5th of our total life recovered per second, and we do enough damage to hit that leech cap even with only 0.4% life leech.

For example if a player had 6000 hp, their leech cap would be 1200 life recovered / second (6000/5=1200).

Since multiple instances of leech stack with each other, we would need a total of 300,000 dps to hit that cap (Leech cap / our % leech, or 1200/0.004 = 300,000). Both flicker and molten strike easily reach those dps levels even with poor gear, so any additional % leech we have would be effectively useless.

Even if we went up to 2% leech, we would still find ourselves stuck at the cap of 1200 life / second. We would, however, be able to hit the cap with lower levels of damage.

The only way to break that soft cap of 1/5th of our life leeched per second would be to pick up passives or uniques which increase the maximum leech rate, such as the "passive vitality" void right above the 0.4% leech passive. This would increase our leech rate from 20% to 23%, boosting our life leech to around 1400 from 1200 (6000/4.34=1382).

Since we already have around 1600 passive life regen / sec (life leech = 1200, passive life regen = 400), investing in vitality void (+200 hp/sec) and the passive skill point which grants +0.4% life regen right before it would only result in a 12.5% increase in overall life recovery despite our leech jumping from 0.4% to 1.6%.
Last edited by ICarrotU on Sep 22, 2018, 2:26:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info