[3.7] CI Apep's Supremacy Flicker Strike Trickster (BUILD OF THE WEEK)

What did you do with the bandits?
"
Leezor26 wrote:
Really appreciate your work bro i'm actually playing this build and the only problem that i encountered are Omnitech and stun (i am actually playing the 1st version of the build). Did you lose some dps with the new version with stun avoidance? Can you give us more feedback on this version ? Thx man you rock

Ways to get stun avoidance:
*Brine King Pantheon
*Boot enchant
*Leo helm craft
Tree nodes near Ranger
Mark of the Elder unique ring
Abyss jewels

I've tried all of these. Currently, I am using the ones with * next to them. I think this will be my final setup.

To kill Omnitech, taking vaal pact makes it much easier. And run away every once in a while if your ES drops. ES recovery rate watcher's eye really helps too. And sometimes, u can just let Vaal double strike/totem finish him off.

Getting Vaal pact and stun avoidance will lower your DPS and ES, but I think it is worth it. I plan to update the guide again soon. I have made a few little changes.
Last edited by Hollyphantom on Jun 28, 2018, 7:30:29 PM
"
Exorzon wrote:
What did you do with the bandits?

Alira, but 2 passives is an option too.
I am running this and am enjoying it...

Because of all the corruption fun, I've found a temporary 5L chest to use until 75 when I can use Atziri's Splendour, which I threw another ~300 fusing at to try to 6L over the 5 I had *straightface* awesome. I know, RNG, 1500, blah blah. Went to buy another one yesterday and they jumped from 85c to 1.5ex lol.

Anyways,

Since I will likely be operating with a 5L for the foreseeable future, I think I will be spending 5 temporary points on bleed chance (down by VP) and put on Damage on Full Life instead for more damage at a temporary setback on the passive tree.

Off question: Enlighten 4 is required it appears. When I do maths (.92*1.15) I get 105.8% mana reserved with a 3. Enlighten 4 is pricy. I dropped Herald of Ash and kept with Hatred. This is the correct choice, yes?

My true question is about ascendancy choices outside of the comments above: What order did you take them? I did Weave the Arcane and Swift Killer for normal/cruel, but I will be running merc shortly and am unsure whether I should take offensive (harness the void) or defensivish (Patient Reaper).

I am thinking that Harness the Void will definitely help out, as that is a hell of a lot of hits that could potentially roll ~100% extra damage.

Thoughts?
"
I am running this and am enjoying it...

Because of all the corruption fun, I've found a temporary 5L chest to use until 75 when I can use Atziri's Splendour, which I threw another ~300 fusing at to try to 6L over the 5 I had *straightface* awesome. I know, RNG, 1500, blah blah. Went to buy another one yesterday and they jumped from 85c to 1.5ex lol.

Anyways,

Since I will likely be operating with a 5L for the foreseeable future, I think I will be spending 5 temporary points on bleed chance (down by VP) and put on Damage on Full Life instead for more damage at a temporary setback on the passive tree.

Off question: Enlighten 4 is required it appears. When I do maths (.92*1.15) I get 105.8% mana reserved with a 3. Enlighten 4 is pricy. I dropped Herald of Ash and kept with Hatred. This is the correct choice, yes?

My true question is about ascendancy choices outside of the comments above: What order did you take them? I did Weave the Arcane and Swift Killer for normal/cruel, but I will be running merc shortly and am unsure whether I should take offensive (harness the void) or defensivish (Patient Reaper).

I am thinking that Harness the Void will definitely help out, as that is a hell of a lot of hits that could potentially roll ~100% extra damage.

Thoughts?

Splendor costs will vary, but usually around 1ex. There's ones that are 6 socketed or 6linked already, which you could consider.

Yea Enlighten 4 is expensive. (well, the build is expensive) You can get away with enlighten 3 and a reservation node on the tree. If not, I think I'd drop hatred because Ash is good for clearing. You can switch hatred with arctic armour or blasphemy curse.

Swift killer is the biggest DPS boost I think, so I took it first. And Weave the arcane is necessary before flickering cuz mana. Harness the void last I'd say, but it is up to you. If you just want more DPS, patient reaper last.
Thanks for the response! I am going to switch to Ash and Arctic until I can afford the enlighten 4. I think I may go with the DPS node just to see if I can push.

We will see how long I can survive until I can get that Splendour linked up ;D
Hi,

I'm trying to do my own version of your build, but i'd like to know what you think about the main changes I did. Something you should have in mind is that I tried to have more sustain damage, I felt like your build already clear pretty well so I could remove some spike power to gain survivability/sustain damage.

First, regarding ascendancies:

- Maybe I'm wrong but I don't value that much the instant recovery of Patient Reaper because it only works while maping and not in many boss fights. I guess the instant recovery is the main reason you took this (the increased recovery is realy nice too), because the increased dot is useless.

- I choosed to remove Swift killer. My thought here is: Ok I'll loose one frenzy one power and the increased which is fairly huge I agree. But I plan to use Intuitive leap to get both overcharged and Melding (Maybe Dreamer? but no reason to take it so far). This way I can have my charges like you have with the ascendancy. But here I loose some damage obviously, but against bosses I'm only loosing one frenzy and some increased damage because I have nothing to sustain the power charges.

- Why I am doing this ?? I'd like to use Ghost Dance and Escape Artist. Those ascendancies give more defensive stats, and help for the stun avoidance struggle, and I think this could help to survive against end game bosses/fights. I also hope I can have some DPS back with the items I'll use to benefits from the Escape Artist ES and Evasion conversion.

This leads to my gear tweaks: The goal here is to find a way to use Escape Artist at its best, and find some damage back because I loose some in the ascendancy.

- The body armour: I'd like to play Bronn's Lithe. This chest has a fairly good amount of evasion, which will give me ES, and give me some damage back. I know this chest is almost never played in Flicker builds because it almost doesn't give any defensive stats, but with Escape Artist it does, and it gives me some damage I lost on the ascendancy (and those damage are more sustainable). I also thought about fox's fortune, but I think this is not a good choice because I'll loose too much damage.

- The Helmet: Enlighten 4 is hard to get. Also, I'd like again to use Escape Artist here, and maybe have some more damage => The vertex. If I socket the aura setup in it, I can have a lvl 21/22 Discipline for more ES pool, and more damage through Hatred and HoA, and I can use a lvl 3 Enlighten.

I also done some minor tweaks in the tree but no need to compare those, it's just different choices for different QoL.

Thanks for reading, I know it's a long post, I'd like to know what you think about it and what I might missed in your build, and maybe I have just some stupid ideas, just tell me :D!
"
4erdalis wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to do my own version of your build, but i'd like to know what you think about the main changes I did. Something you should have in mind is that I tried to have more sustain damage, I felt like your build already clear pretty well so I could remove some spike power to gain survivability/sustain damage.

First, regarding ascendancies:

- Maybe I'm wrong but I don't value that much the instant recovery of Patient Reaper because it only works while maping and not in many boss fights. I guess the instant recovery is the main reason you took this (the increased recovery is realy nice too), because the increased dot is useless.

- I choosed to remove Swift killer. My thought here is: Ok I'll loose one frenzy one power and the increased which is fairly huge I agree. But I plan to use Intuitive leap to get both overcharged and Melding (Maybe Dreamer? but no reason to take it so far). This way I can have my charges like you have with the ascendancy. But here I loose some damage obviously, but against bosses I'm only loosing one frenzy and some increased damage because I have nothing to sustain the power charges.

- Why I am doing this ?? I'd like to use Ghost Dance and Escape Artist. Those ascendancies give more defensive stats, and help for the stun avoidance struggle, and I think this could help to survive against end game bosses/fights. I also hope I can have some DPS back with the items I'll use to benefits from the Escape Artist ES and Evasion conversion.

This leads to my gear tweaks: The goal here is to find a way to use Escape Artist at its best, and find some damage back because I loose some in the ascendancy.

- The body armour: I'd like to play Bronn's Lithe. This chest has a fairly good amount of evasion, which will give me ES, and give me some damage back. I know this chest is almost never played in Flicker builds because it almost doesn't give any defensive stats, but with Escape Artist it does, and it gives me some damage I lost on the ascendancy (and those damage are more sustainable). I also thought about fox's fortune, but I think this is not a good choice because I'll loose too much damage.

- The Helmet: Enlighten 4 is hard to get. Also, I'd like again to use Escape Artist here, and maybe have some more damage => The vertex. If I socket the aura setup in it, I can have a lvl 21/22 Discipline for more ES pool, and more damage through Hatred and HoA, and I can use a lvl 3 Enlighten.

I also done some minor tweaks in the tree but no need to compare those, it's just different choices for different QoL.

Thanks for reading, I know it's a long post, I'd like to know what you think about it and what I might missed in your build, and maybe I have just some stupid ideas, just tell me :D!

I have had the Bronn's Lithe escape artist Idea, but you will spend exalts after exalts, getting the 5 red sockets on there. Vorici calculatro https://siveran.github.io/calc.html says you need 7800 chromes on avg to get the colors, which is about 9 ex right now. And you'd have like 250 less ES on your chest compared to Splendour. If you take escape artist, I suggest getting a ev/es hybrid chest, or ev/es splendour.

If you can't get Elighten 4, you wont be able to color Bronns lol. Also, you can get a mana reservation helm enchant/ 1 tree node/ enlighten 3/corrupted jewels to figure that out. lv 4 isnt necessary.

I dont like Vertex because chaos res is wasted. Lv 22 vs 20 discipline is 14 ES compared to the 250 ES you'd lose on your chest.

Your build sounds similar to the varunastra build at the bottom of my guide. You should check it out.

Swift killer is actually a ton of damage for flicker. It is actually better than harness the void, even if you were already sustaining charges. So get rid of harness before you get rid of Swift.

Keep in mind you dont have a life flask, so Patient reaper is really nice. And the 50% DOT is nice for herald of Ash damage I think.

Last edited by Hollyphantom on Jun 29, 2018, 11:02:56 AM
"
I have had the Bronn's Lithe escape artist Idea, but you will spend exalts after exalts, getting the 5 red sockets on there. Vorici calculatro https://siveran.github.io/calc.html says you need 7800 chromes on avg to get the colors, which is about 9 ex right now. And you'd have like 250 less ES on your chest compared to Splendour. If you take escape artist, I suggest getting a ev/es hybrid chest, or ev/es splendour.

If you can't get Elighten 4, you wont be able to color Bronns lol. Also, you can get a mana reservation helm enchant/ 1 tree node/ enlighten 3/corrupted jewels to figure that out. lv 4 isnt necessary.

Yerah I know it's gonna be hard to get, but at least if the only real deal it's to color bronn, I can do it. Also I already have a nice amulet with reduce mana reservation.

Overall I understand what you say, I guess it's realy treaky to go my way, I'll think again...
"
4erdalis wrote:
"

Yerah I know it's gonna be hard to get, but at least if the only real deal it's to color bronn, I can do it. Also I already have a nice amulet with reduce mana reservation.

Overall I understand what you say, I guess it's realy treaky to go my way, I'll think again...

Yea the other possible alternative is to find a 6-white socket bronns which might be on sale this league. You could try making one too lol. Definitely a cool chest if you can get it to work. Atziri's splendour has no DPS mods.

Consider buying a 5-red socket Bronns too (Actually, I see theres one for 2ex on sale right now). Also, consider using the Jeweler's orb trick with Vorici instead of buying Chromes.

The issue is getting sufficient ES. I literally have t1 ES almost everywhere and I'm still under 7k ES. Maybe you can get DPS on chest but get ES on tree/abyss jewels
Last edited by Hollyphantom on Jun 29, 2018, 1:13:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info