Just another Arc trapper (UBER ELDER DEATHLESS). Facetank minotaur + crazy damage (millions of dps)

"
reciprocate wrote:
"
mic01851165 wrote:
The league has officially come to an end.

I got my lv21 Arc in literally last second...

Let;s see if the arc trap would survive in 3.4 or not.

Arc looks like it'd be unchanged at least according to the manifesto, but traps in general taking a big hit in longer throw time + reduction of traps thrown on cluster trap by 1(20% LESS dps). Any form of trap except for Lightning Trap will be seeing a flat nerf in other words. Arc trap is done imo, I figure it can still do red maps and maybe even push shaper and maybe Uber Elder, but won't be anywhere be as easy before as the DPS will get lowered by a good amount.

I do think I may try a Lighting Trap Deadeye though in 3.4, mainly due to LT being buffed and tailwind off deadeye does keep the trap throwing speed respectably quick.

It's only -1 traps. Increased throwing time and damage penalty was only for multiple traps.
"
SparkleMotion wrote:
"
reciprocate wrote:
"
mic01851165 wrote:

Arc looks like it'd be unchanged at least according to the manifesto, but traps in general taking a big hit in longer throw time + reduction of traps thrown on cluster trap by 1(20% LESS dps). Any form of trap except for Lightning Trap will be seeing a flat nerf in other words. Arc trap is done imo, I figure it can still do red maps and maybe even push shaper and maybe Uber Elder, but won't be anywhere be as easy before as the DPS will get lowered by a good amount.

I do think I may try a Lighting Trap Deadeye though in 3.4, mainly due to LT being buffed and tailwind off deadeye does keep the trap throwing speed respectably quick.

It's only -1 traps. Increased throwing time and damage penalty was only for multiple traps.

Yep. If that's all the nerfs for trap, arc trapper is still viable. That -1 trap will slightly slow down your clearspeed if you encounter large clusters of groups. But with lightning spire trap unchanged the boss damaging potential will still be crazy!
"
SparkleMotion wrote:
"
reciprocate wrote:
"
mic01851165 wrote:

They've increased the throw time on traps, not multi trap support. So this affects us.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
The manifesto says: "We've increased the throw time on traps and the damage penalty on Multi Trap Support and Minefield Support, while lowering the number of traps thrown by Cluster Trap by one."

If it were both. It would say: "We've increased the throw time on traps and the damage penalty on Multi Trap Support and Minefield Support, while lowering the number of traps thrown by Cluster Trap by one and increasing the throw time." According to the manifesto it's literally just -1 trap for cluster traps.

If it were a blanket throw time increase for traps. It would have said: "We have increased the throw time on traps." Then gotten into the increased damage penalty for multi trap support.

They increased the throw time for multi trap support and minefield support. If they are increasing the the throw time on ALL traps. Then it was terribly worded as so. But from what I see. It's increased throw time and increased damage penalty on multi trap support and increased damage penalty on minefield support.

We'll know for sure when the patch notes come out i guess.

EDIT: I don't know. The more I read it, the more it sounds like you might be right. I can't tell. I just want patch notes to know for sure. Haha.

EDIT 2: "Base Trap Throwing Time has been raised to 0.6 seconds (from 0.5)." You were right, my bad. That's from the patch notes. A 20% increase in throwing time and a 20% decrease from the -1 trap.
Last edited by SparkleMotion on Aug 28, 2018, 9:31:26 PM
"
Shimmeron now deals 200 Lightning damage per second per Power charge (down from 400). Using a Divine Orb on an existing copy of this item will update that item to new these values. Shimmeron will also deal that damage to you if your skills have dealt a critical strike recently, rather than just you. That means you will take the damage if any skill (including a trap, totem, or mine) deals a critical strike.

wow
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
Is this build toast? I want to run a trapper or miner for upcoming league and I have no idea what the patch-notes mean.

cheers,

Toast? Hard to say. It won't be anywhere as effective as in Incursion league that's obvious.
I'd say with the cluster nerf, trap throw speed nerf, at the very least it'd be a straight up ~20% dps loss overall, maybe a little bit more too. Is it still viable? I think so, but nowhere near the levels of ez-mode 3.3 version had. Shimmeron is basically worthless to use in this build now though since it's almost suicidal to run with it - either that or running with a very high lightning max res past 80 setup to mitigate it, but it seems almost counter intuitive at this point.

GGG really doesn't like Arc trappers with Shimmeron, yet Arc is left untouched, sad.
Last edited by reciprocate on Aug 28, 2018, 10:54:33 PM
did anyone try Lightning Trap compared to Arc in 3.3?
now it has 40% inc. base damage, which should be read as 40% more
maybe it can compete with Arc now, does anyone who tried have some feelings about?
Last edited by _vnz on Aug 28, 2018, 11:59:52 PM
Did anyone try recalculating the build? 1 trap less (while using shaped gloves) is 20% LESS DPS, cast time increased from 0,5 to 0,6 is 16,67 LESS DPS, shimmeron is unusable. T2 good spell sceptre/wand in each hand is roughly 25% less dps each. Using linked PoB build in first post as base and using good rare weapons (everything else unchanged except shock - it's not easy to shock Shaper. You need 100k dmg from a single hit to reach 1% shock, while PoB calculate full 50%) I've reached roughly 500k DPS. It is not quite dead, it's a good number, it needs a lot more of effort (unless I do something wrong). Guess it's "forget and move on"
English is not my native. To grammar nazis, feel free to correct me, I appreciate any occasion for improvement
one shimmeron still usable while playing without mom, should be easy to sustain
second one can be replaced by void battery
This build died :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info