[3.3] Crit Fire/Flamethrower Trapper! - League Starter

"
leograf wrote:
I'm planning to play as a trapper too, but i'm not going to build around crit.
Do you think its good or should I rework on my build to go for crit?

Most trap builds want to go crit because it's one of the main ways traps scale their damage in end-game. If you're not using crit as a trapper you're at a pretty severe disadvantage in terms of damage and will probably have a lot of trouble making it out of yellow maps.
i desagree. burning and ignite buffs would be great and way more then enought! i TC a non crit verssion and have 100k dps without any gear atleast searing touch
Bayern des samma mia
Has anyone theory crafted an CI version of this Build? Could we do it as Energy Shield and CI as a league start? Never done a Trapper or a CI build before.
"
Gaidin85 wrote:
Has anyone theory crafted an CI version of this Build? Could we do it as Energy Shield and CI as a league start? Never done a Trapper or a CI build before.

I was just in the process of theory crafting one but dropped the idea because I am so unfamiliar with ES gear. I was thinking, same as you, that a CI with ES would work well on a trapper since he will hopefully be staying out of the middle of the fights which would hopefully give enough time for the ES to kick in. Additionally, he could avoid using a ton of stat points by avoiding the need to move to the other side of the tree. (Plus it would be WAY cheaper since traps will probably be the most used skill this league)

I ended up going life on my build, though I changed a few stat locations from this build
"
i desagree. burning and ignite buffs would be great and way more then enought! i TC a non crit verssion and have 100k dps without any gear atleast searing touch

meanwhile a crit fire trapper will spam fire traps that will hit 400k dmg.
IGN TylordRampage
can this build work in SSF?
"
Gaidin85 wrote:

Tarkecat has videos and tree with CI
Last edited by skjutengris on Jun 1, 2018, 10:29:47 AM
"
itzreapers wrote:
can this build work in SSF?

Absolutely! Like anything else though to really flesh out and fine tune your character SSF might struggle end game!
♥ we all go tissues ♥
With all the CDR we can get for flamethrower trap (65% from tree, ascendancy, and advanced trap support), do you think having the 6l as Flamethrower Trap and having Fire Trap as a 4l (Ideally in a shaper item for bettter than 4l) would be viable or even potentially stronger?
"
Kuroto wrote:
With all the CDR we can get for flamethrower trap (65% from tree, ascendancy, and advanced trap support), do you think having the 6l as Flamethrower Trap and having Fire Trap as a 4l (Ideally in a shaper item for bettter than 4l) would be viable or even potentially stronger?

Yea all this depends on items though. The build I suggested is more or less nothing required. OF COURSE if you find/buy the right shaper item it would be huge for this or any build. The problem of course would be obtaining the item.
♥ we all go tissues ♥

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info