[3.6] Death's Oath Trickster - ALL CONTENT | Tanky | Budget | Fast Clear | Lag-Free

"
Korpivaellus wrote:
Pretty nice buff for DO at 3.6

Isn't it nerfed ?
DO +25% but 2x spreading rot no longer has the +50% chaos dmg.
"
"
Korpivaellus wrote:
Pretty nice buff for DO at 3.6

Isn't it nerfed ?
DO +25% but 2x spreading rot no longer has the +50% chaos dmg.

Had a look in POB by tweaking some items. For my tree (Based on Isildria's Arakaali+DO build in 3.5, I get the following:

All dps @ shaper, without wither stacks.
Original DO with 2 original spreading rots = 24.7k
With new DO & 2 new spreading rots = 21.8k
So more damage when not using blight, but 12% when using blight.

Taking into account the wither on spreading rot
With 2 stacks (1 pulse of blight w 2 spreading rots) = 24k
So pretty much break even on damage.

For the Arakaali+DO build it frees up 1 jewel for more res, as the spiders are already providing a lot of wither stacks.

Too bad the Arcane Surge bonus does not work on Death Aura. An additional 20% more would've been great.

Thinking maybe its smart to consider changing Bligth out with essence drain now. it got damage buff and explosion so it can hit more than 1 target, and scales on aoe. at least now that spreading rot dont give the same damage boost. wither one can get else where.
"
Noiprox wrote:
Thinking maybe its smart to consider changing Bligth out with essence drain now. it got damage buff and explosion so it can hit more than 1 target, and scales on aoe. at least now that spreading rot dont give the same damage boost. wither one can get else where.

I was planning on running CwC + ED in Allelopathy gloves, so having both :)

But you have a point, if you get wither stacks somewhere else Blight is "only" bringing the hinder, not much else. Might still be worth it, but elder int-gloves with high ES and +#% to Non-Ailment Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier might make more sense.

EDIT: Had a quick look. Moving from Allelopathy to fossil crafted ES elder gloves with +13% to Non-Ailment Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier gives 1.5kdps and 200 ES + some res. You lose access to blight's hinder.

Seeing as I plan on running Arakaali's fang for wither stacks and single target damage, not certain how much missing blight is going to hurt. I am considering moving to these gloves but instead run Vaal Blight.
Last edited by NeoLearner on Mar 6, 2019, 2:09:25 PM
Going to give this one a whirl again for league starter, thinking if I could somehow go ES and dip into that new chaos spell instead of the wither stuff. Hmmmm.
"
Dofolo wrote:
Going to give this one a whirl again for league starter, thinking if I could somehow go ES and dip into that new chaos spell instead of the wither stuff. Hmmmm.

There's an occultist version of this build, check it out.
So how do you incorporate the Essence Drain and Righteous Fire that you mention at the beginning of the post ? Also, I was wondering how folk will use the new 3.6 spells to update this build.
"
zenule wrote:
So how do you incorporate the Essence Drain and Righteous Fire that you mention at the beginning of the post ? Also, I was wondering how folk will use the new 3.6 spells to update this build.

Death's Oath build-in aura is a cursed child of RF and ED mate :D.

OP, is there any chance for update of the build for 3.6?
I am, as the locals say, busy as fuck, and wish I had more time to play PoE. I will be doing a cursory update and tagging the thread as 3.6 but the general gist of it is that everything got buffed haha what the fuck we're so broken right now??

There's a lot to unpack here, but a few things catch my eye:
  • Death's Oath itself does more dmg (nice yay)
  • Blight + 2 Spreading Rot was actually nerfed a bit (less yay)
  • Malevolencve Aura is one of the few things in the game that will affect Death Aura's damage. We want it.
  • There are 15 quintillion skills that can replace Blight (and we get 2 jewel sockets back)
  • Betrayal "cast socketed skills when you use a skill" mod is still hella accessible, a d this, hella abuseable.
  • Bane? Soulrend? Hybrid? Full CI? EVASION? Fuck man I don't even know they all look good.

For anyone asking for more in-depth 3.6 information, I sorta owe you an apology. After playing the build 3 times, I'm a little bored of Trickster DoT, but it's seen nothing but buffs ever since. It's immensely stronger than when I wrote this guide, I just don't have the time to level the same trickster for the 4th time.

There's your answer. Go stack DoT multipliers and melt endgame.

For fellow theorycrafters/those A+ students:
Spoiler

90% sure the optimal setup for this character has us with either 0 or 1 blasphemy (temp chains, or none at all). The nerfs to bosses unless we have Occutlist curse effectiveness means we're less incentivized to have them up all the time, rather than on some other skill that we can use in large encounters (Bane makes my peepee hard). This frees up a good chunk of mana - which can go towards the new Malevolence aura, cutting out things like Discipline/Vitality/Arctic Armour altogether (all of which were a bit sucky in my opinion).

I know a lot of Death Oath builds love the Grey Spire unique staff, but the new Staff nodes seem either out of reach, or not quite what we're after (Enigmatic reach comes to mind - amazing on crit bulds though). We're still socket-starved as a build, but we get to do more with what we have.

As I mentioned earlier, the Betrayal craft mods are still very accessible, one of which being Trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill. This sounds like we could put Bane - T. Chains - Despair in a weapon and have free, 0% mana usage curse application with added damage.

I don't even want to go near more hybrid/evasion+ES build paths because the math behind Trickster's new ascendancies hurt my head. Life is life. Me drink red flask, me get life back.
Last edited by Doeoeod on Mar 13, 2019, 12:14:27 AM
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone tried this build yet as a CI variant? I know OP prefers life due to its simplicity, but with the new Ghost Dance rework and being able to pair Blight with CwC Soul Rend it seems like it could be pretty busted with all the new channeling buffs.

I'm looking at Soul Rend CI builds currently and wondering how I would go about transitioning that into using DO as well. I'm not particularly savvy with building in POE, so I was wondering what you guys might do?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info