[3.3, Build-of-the-week] Stored Lightning Bolt - CantripN's Lightning Trapper.

"
Manokuja wrote:
"
CantripN wrote:
"
Blood88 wrote:
Hi give a update to this Build to 3.3 Patchnotes?

Hope to get full PoB updates first. I'll upload versions for all Trap styles, Elemental/Phys, different kinds of single target, etc.

Generally, if it is a Trap, it works.

Hello, wait for version lightning trap in shaper gloves and Lightning Spire Trap in chest :> with shimmerons.

And Thanks for ur work mate.

Well i will put lightning trap into chest and want gloves for lightning spire with

(31–35)% increased Trap Damage
Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Trap Cooldown

Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Trap And Mine Damage

Socketed Spells have +70% to Critical Strike Multiplier

"
lufu1 wrote:

Well i will put lightning trap into chest and want gloves for lightning spire with

Yeah my bad i did this too on my path of build but now without lightning spire trap just make a mistake :D. U take nodes with AOE above templa and witch?
"
lufu1 wrote:

Technically not possible. You can only get 1 of: Supported by Trap / Advanced Trap / Trap and Mine Damage. Doesn't say so anywhere, but go look, there is none, and hasn't been 1 since Bestiary began.

And you really want Supported by Trap + Throw an Additional Trap as a mod on your gloves, no matter what.

That means Lightning Spire has to be on a 6L chest, or a helmet with 30% More Elemental Damage + Conc Effect.

---

That means your single target, unless it's a Projectile, goes into the chest, and your clearing skill goes into gloves. Lightning Trap being the one to benefit the most, though Arc might be better despite the missing link.

Not to mention, gloves like mine will cost an arm, a leg, and a kidney, this league.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on May 30, 2018, 4:55:22 PM
"
Killabees wrote:
Without helmet entchant for BL the BL Boss setup is destroyed.
Any other glove trap setups for bossing or is the 6l arc maybe strong enough for maps and bosses?

Ball Lightning will still work, and do more than it did now, actually. Don't panic :)

Other options that may work better are Magma Orb, Lightning Spire / Flamethrower / Seismic Trap, and possibly Glacial Cascade / Explosive Trap (different gear, need to test).

And yes, with GG gear, Arc will work all on it's own.

EDIT:

This is my plan for a mostly/purely Arc tree with MoM - http://poeurl.com/bVry
Should be fairly consistent DPS, with any decent gear. With my current gear that's 8 mil shaper DPS after Vaal Arc, so probably 5-6 with more defensive gear?

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
Last edited by CantripN on May 30, 2018, 5:31:34 PM
"
CantripN wrote:
"
Killabees wrote:
Any other glove trap setups for bossing or is the 6l arc maybe strong enough for maps and bosses?

Ball Lightning will still work, and do more than it did now, actually. Don't panic :)

Other options that may work better are Magma Orb, Lightning Spire / Flamethrower / Seismic Trap, and possibly Glacial Cascade / Explosive Trap (different gear, need to test).

EDIT:

Should be fairly consistent DPS, with any decent gear. With my current gear that's 8 mil shaper DPS after Vaal Arc, so probably 5-6 with more defensive gear?

what are your thoughts on the recent post on reddit about the new trap trigger area size? and getting them up to 224% with 1-2 hair trigger jewels and no sunblast. Seems like a way to really reap the benefits of Tinkerskin/blast cascade/master sapper?

also allowing us to take explosive expert over chain reaction.

it was talked about how depending on what trap is being used (like lightning trap would still benefit from chain reaction) but Arc needing a target would benefit and not waste any traps going this method.
"
CantripN wrote:
"
lufu1 wrote:

Technically not possible. You can only get 1 of: Supported by Trap / Advanced Trap / Trap and Mine Damage. Doesn't say so anywhere, but go look, there is none, and hasn't been 1 since Bestiary began.

And you really want Supported by Trap + Throw an Additional Trap as a mod on your gloves, no matter what.

That means Lightning Spire has to be on a 6L chest, or a helmet with 30% More Elemental Damage + Conc Effect.

---

That means your single target, unless it's a Projectile, goes into the chest, and your clearing skill goes into gloves. Lightning Trap being the one to benefit the most, though Arc might be better despite the missing link.

Not to mention, gloves like mine will cost an arm, a leg, and a kidney, this league.

it really doesnt say it anywhere but seems to be impossible.
Going for Lightning Spire on chest then.

Thanks Mate
"
PiX3L wrote:
"
CantripN wrote:
"
Killabees wrote:

EDIT:

what are your thoughts on the recent post on reddit about the new trap trigger area size? and getting them up to 224% with 1-2 hair trigger jewels and no sunblast. Seems like a way to really reap the benefits of Tinkerskin/blast cascade/master sapper?

also allowing us to take explosive expert over chain reaction.

it was talked about how depending on what trap is being used (like lightning trap would still benefit from chain reaction) but Arc needing a target would benefit and not waste any traps going this method.

It's certainly an option worth considering. I'm not a fan of the idea of losing 2 jewels, though, as that's the equivalent of 14% Life + 60% Crit Multi + something else usually.

Might be decent until you have great jewels.

EDIT: That said, I will be testing it out. If it makes Tinkerskin healing and Arc targeting more consistent, I'll do it.

Last edited by CantripN on May 31, 2018, 11:19:07 AM
Hey CantripN.

Do you think Fire trap and flame thrower traps can compete with lightning traps/arc etc? And if so, would it be to go for frenzy charges and non-crit for flame traps?
"
Leeown wrote:
Hey CantripN.

Do you think Fire trap and flame thrower traps can compete with lightning traps/arc etc? And if so, would it be to go for frenzy charges and non-crit for flame traps?

Flamethrower Trap seems like it can be amazing, Fire Trap can't shotgun well, though, so it would need to scale differently.

If you're scaling the burning ground, go for non-crit Ele Overload + Equilibrium, if you're scaling the hits, Shimmeron > all.

Last edited by CantripN on May 31, 2018, 5:06:47 AM
My thought were more lightning based. Because I considered to play arc trap.
This is my version of the tree http://poeurl.com/bVK3
Could be more tanky or more dmg. I thought this would be a great way between both.
not sure about the aura effect/mana reserv for wrath. Does boost the dmg and a "bit" surv through mom maybe someone have a few optimization ideas.

you'll need the updated PoB for the tree
Last edited by danielSR on May 31, 2018, 1:13:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info