[3.3, Build-of-the-week] Stored Lightning Bolt - CantripN's Lightning Trapper.

Another question. is it better (in order to kill a boss)to get the lightpoacher with 2 abyssal gems or the enchant on the helmet ? It is very unlikely that i get the right enchant on the right helmet this event, that is why i'm asking here.
"
Anuwiel wrote:
Another question. is it better (in order to kill a boss)to get the lightpoacher with 2 abyssal gems or the enchant on the helmet ? It is very unlikely that i get the right enchant on the right helmet this event, that is why i'm asking here.

Helm Enchant is almost 100% more damage, jewels are 10% more at best.

@JoeShmo - You should read the wiki on Ball Lightning. Slowly and calmly. Then think again. Clearly you got the wrong idea, and assume that what is true for Ball Lightning applies to all other skills, and that you truly understood what I said. GMP and Cluster Trap are NOT the same, no more than an enemy being Shocked, and you dealing more damage are the same - they only look alike to you, but they are vastly different things.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on May 9, 2018, 1:28:14 PM
"
CantripN wrote:
"
Anuwiel wrote:

@JoeShmo - You should read the wiki on Ball Lightning. Slowly and calmly. Then think again. Clearly you got the wrong idea, and assume that what is true for Ball Lightning applies to all other skills, and that you truly understood what I said. GMP and Cluster Trap are NOT the same, no more than an enemy being Shocked, and you dealing more damage are the same - they only look alike to you, but they are vastly different things.

I did read it, which is why I said what I did. The page uses generalized terminology and doesn't distinguish ball lightning from a general overlapping mechanic, which again is why I said what I did.

Your comment on the subject matter is even more egregious in this matter, since you yourself didn't make the distinguishable difference, and stated like the wiki that there is a universal 200ms buffer between hits on enemies. When you followed that up with mentioning cluster traps, stating "it's okay" because each trap is a different hit, it makes the entire premise contradicting.

Hence, I made the clarification that this is based on "GMP-like" mechanics, and not a broad statement for all hits.

You might have been intending a certain level of explanation, believing all of the "obvious" filler information ( the pronoun game ) need not be clarified, but that leads people to misunderstanding how things work.

I didn't get the wrong idea, you just gave the wrong impression of how it works.
Just like you're now giving the wrong impression of what I do or do not understand, without having addressed anything I actually stated.

No need for the defensive lash out.
"
JoeShmo wrote:
"
CantripN wrote:
"
Anuwiel wrote:

I did read it, which is why I said what I did. The page uses generalized terminology and doesn't distinguish ball lightning from a general overlapping mechanic, which again is why I said what I did.

Your comment on the subject matter is even more egregious in this matter, since you yourself didn't make the distinguishable difference, and stated like the wiki that there is a universal 200ms buffer between hits on enemies. When you followed that up with mentioning cluster traps, stating "it's okay" because each trap is a different hit, it makes the entire premise contradicting.

Hence, I made the clarification that this is based on "GMP-like" mechanics, and not a broad statement for all hits.

You might have been intending a certain level of explanation, believing all of the "obvious" filler information ( the pronoun game ) need not be clarified, but that leads people to misunderstanding how things work.

I didn't get the wrong idea, you just gave the wrong impression of how it works.
Just like you're now giving the wrong impression of what I do or do not understand, without having addressed anything I actually stated.

No need for the defensive lash out.

Ball Lightning is a slow moving projectile, that strikes targets with bolts of lightning around itself. Lightning bolts strike targets every 200 milliseconds and each target cannot be hit more often than this. That restriction is shared between all balls fired on the same cast.[1]

[Removed by Support]. Literally first sentence on skill function.
Last edited by Stacey_GGG on May 11, 2018, 5:39:14 PM
First of all,

i want to thank you for the great work.The last time i build a trapper seriosly was to Perandus League Times ( Chaos Ice Traps with crit ). Since this time the Build was gone weaker and weaker, and i play it anymore. Last League i want to play Traps, but the only viable thing was GC Mines wich i didn't enjoy!

This time i completly oversee the changes to Saboteur!

This Build is amazing and i love it how you work out the details!!!!!

Best wishes to you and GL for the future!

best regards,

Prototype!

"
Deltan00b wrote:

Ball Lightning is a slow moving projectile, that strikes targets with bolts of lightning around itself. Lightning bolts strike targets every 200 milliseconds and each target cannot be hit more often than this. That restriction is shared between all balls fired on the same cast.[1]

Lesser Multiple Projectiles Support and Greater Multiple Projectiles Support increase the number of projectiles, and thus the area of effect. However, since a target cannot be hit more than once within 200 ms, it cannot be used to "shotgun" the target by hitting them with multiple projectiles at once, leading to a possible DPS loss.

Also, it's literally the second and third sentence. Thanks for playing.
Last edited by JoeShmo on May 11, 2018, 5:41:28 PM
"
JoeShmo wrote:
"
Deltan00b wrote:

Lesser Multiple Projectiles Support and Greater Multiple Projectiles Support increase the number of projectiles, and thus the area of effect. However, since a target cannot be hit more than once within 200 ms, it cannot be used to "shotgun" the target by hitting them with multiple projectiles at once, leading to a possible DPS loss.

Insert comment about being braindead or trolling.

Also, it's literally the second and third sentence. Thanks for playing.

Ok so thanks for clarifying you're just trolling and need to be gone.
Bye Felicia. Thanks for playing hue hue.
Last edited by Stacey_GGG on May 11, 2018, 5:40:40 PM
Any budget weapon I can use? I'm too poor to afford those wand. I got the chest only.
"
Taiga_asaika wrote:
Any budget weapon I can use? I'm too poor to afford those wand. I got the chest only.

"Until you get Shimmerons, no point using a wands. Go with a Scepter + Dagger combo and have Whirling Blades, or Sceptre/Dagger + Shield and have Shield Charge.

You want Lightning/Spell/Elemental Damage, Crit Chance, Crit Multi, Flat Lightning to Spells, Elemental Penetration, % of Elemental added as Chaos. Obviously you can't get all of those realistically, but those are the things to look out for." -CantripN

"
Taiga_asaika wrote:

Fencoil / Mirebough are excellent budget weapons, and give you an early 4 / 6 link.
You can't use whirling / charge , but warp is more than adequate for the early / mid game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info