[3.11] Tesla Cyclone | Destroy the Game | All Content | Super Fast! | Spin 2 Win |

"
EaterOfBabies wrote:
Just wanted to circle back around and continue gushing on the build. I pushed through on the last ascendancy which made the build shine even more. Then I found a good deal on some corrupted shapers touch gloves with the curse and that helped more. Than I got a few more levels up to 90 which made it even better. Then I found a great deal on a cyclone damage rat's nest (and a cyclone attack speed Starks). And finally, I hit a super lucky streak with my Bronn's. Found only one a few days ago that had the right colors in a six socket but no link. Wheeled and dealed to get it for 1.5 ex, and had 700 fusings to try for the link. Got it in 100. Once I slapped that baby on things hit maximum fun.

Now Im just grinding for a few more levels. Going to try and hit 92 and then throw myself at every peace of content.

Thanks again OP. Very nice build you have here.

Nice gearing journey! I'm really glad you are liking the build. Honestly every level after 90 feels so good. It's definitely not needed to enjoy the build in general but is rewarding for putting in the time to accomplish. Good luck on the content pushing after.
Running this build for the Flashback event, since I'm kinda sick of GC Miner gameplay and I want some sick speed haha

What should be better: going for a 4L cyclone early with no Thief's Torment OR going for a 4L sunder with some good p.dps 2H mace (via p.dps recipe)?

Tried it on a SSF and things actually went smoothly, but quite slow (hence the question about the cyclone gameplay without Thief's Torment). Also, for early levelling, should I go for a hatred/herald of fire setup? Mana problems could be solved by taking a detour through the mana/hp leech wheel next to Vaal Pact, but maybe I can do things more easily without going all the way down there.

(lovely build and guide format, by the way)
"
leafyr0kr wrote:
Running this build for the Flashback event, since I'm kinda sick of GC Miner gameplay and I want some sick speed haha

What should be better: going for a 4L cyclone early with no Thief's Torment OR going for a 4L sunder with some good p.dps 2H mace (via p.dps recipe)?

Tried it on a SSF and things actually went smoothly, but quite slow (hence the question about the cyclone gameplay without Thief's Torment). Also, for early levelling, should I go for a hatred/herald of fire setup? Mana problems could be solved by taking a detour through the mana/hp leech wheel next to Vaal Pact, but maybe I can do things more easily without going all the way down there.

(lovely build and guide format, by the way)

Thanks for the interest in the build. If you are experienced with the game and have no fear of dipping into the orb of regret pool / know the flow of gear etc etc, You can totally go sunder and go ham until you think you are ready to transition for sure if by "better" you mean faster. It's a totally valid way to approach the build. I've had message from others whom leveled through with cyclone and zero currency and still commenting they had a good time. It is total personal preference and just the speed at which you want to progress through the character.

There are many ways to take on auras while leveling. Honestly, just pick one that works best for you and your knowledge of the game. I don't want to give out a blanket statement and say someone very new reads this and is like, "How do I rebalance my character and is it 100% necessary etc etc." Feel free, it should work just fine.
Thank you for your build ! i try it for the race ^^
"
zguy02 wrote:
Thank you for your build ! i try it for the race ^^

Thank you for the comment. I hope you enjoy the build.
Ok, used the build as a starter for the temp league. Levelling was glorious, +60% mov.speed at lv 55 is super nice, and the Kondo's Pride really amps up your dps when you get to lv 61. Into mapping rn, getting to tier 5 ~6.

Actual gear right now:

What could be the next upgrade (other than levelling up, getting uber lab done and managing links better)?

Had a few lucky drops (2 exalt, 1 bisco, a few 10c cards), so I have quite some currency stored to burn. I also have a Bronn's Lithe that I'm slowly upgrading, but it may take a few years to get it done haha
"
leafyr0kr wrote:
Ok, used the build as a starter for the temp league. Levelling was glorious, +60% mov.speed at lv 55 is super nice, and the Kondo's Pride really amps up your dps when you get to lv 61. Into mapping rn, getting to tier 5 ~6.

Actual gear right now:

What could be the next upgrade (other than levelling up, getting uber lab done and managing links better)?

Had a few lucky drops (2 exalt, 1 bisco, a few 10c cards), so I have quite some currency stored to burn. I also have a Bronn's Lithe that I'm slowly upgrading, but it may take a few years to get it done haha

Honestly that's a super wonderful start to the league mate. Congrats! The three things you listed for upgrades are actually top priority while 6L the Bronn's and replacing Kondo's w/ Starforge until you can get a shaper's touch for gauntlets. Leveling gems are going to really help you out and getting prepped for Uber lab/ finishing Uber / getting gems quality while saving up again for Starforge.

Welcome to the fun part XD. Again, great set up on gear.
"
leafyr0kr wrote:

Actual gear right now:

Out of curiousity, did you choose to level cyclone or stick to something like sunder?
"
Vashseden wrote:
"
leafyr0kr wrote:

Actual gear right now:

Out of curiousity, did you choose to level cyclone or stick to something like sunder?

Went full cyclone at lv 28, /w Herald of Fire + Haste. Mana was a big problem for the first levels without Thief's Torment, so I went with Atziri's Foible to fix that (+100 mana, +25% total mana, + 100% mana regen). This amulet carried me until lv 48, when I got the ring. Biggest DPS upgrade was the weapon, that I switched at lv 33, lv 48 and then 61 for the Kondo's Pride.

I was also surprised that the area of effect is quite nice, even with Conc Effect. Didn't have to switch to Increased AoE so far, as I just mow through things normally.

Fixed some gem links, now I just gotta level up and get Uber lab to really pop off (being able to start from the ranger side will free up 4 passive points, which will give me tons of damage through some passive nodes). Maybe get a cheap 6-link while the Bronn's Lithe isn't ready yet, dunno.

"

Went full cyclone at lv 28, /w Herald of Fire + Haste. Mana was a big problem for the first levels without Thief's Torment, so I went with Atziri's Foible to fix that (+100 mana, +25% total mana, + 100% mana regen). This amulet carried me until lv 48, when I got the ring. Biggest DPS upgrade was the weapon, that I switched at lv 33, lv 48 and then 61 for the Kondo's Pride.

I was also surprised that the area of effect is quite nice, even with Conc Effect. Didn't have to switch to Increased AoE so far, as I just mow through things normally.

Fixed some gem links, now I just gotta level up and get Uber lab to really pop off (being able to start from the ranger side will free up 4 passive points, which will give me tons of damage through some passive nodes). Maybe get a cheap 6-link while the Bronn's Lithe isn't ready yet, dunno.

Nice. I was curious as to the feedback with more people trying to straight level with cyclone and the build. I did that as well but I'm a nerd for cyclone and I know most people only want to level with a "420 MLG meta skill"

I think Cyclone's aoe gets more hate because a lot of people have not made a lot of cyclone builds since the big aoe nerf back in umm 2.6 I believe. Glad you enjoyed it.

The rest of you plan seems solid for sure. Yeah the Bronn's Lithe is just like end game damage flavor. Grabbing another 6L in the mean time, evasion chest with life + resist, even a belly of the beast, etc is all good. I know the off sockets of Bronn's can be a pain sometimes XD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info