[3.2] LL, VD, Poets Pen, Indigon, 11.4k mana, 9.9k energy shield, 325k avg hit, Uber Elder viable

hi im trying out your build but im curious how u got to 4.8aps as limit. Is that with the slipstream aura? im using a shaped belt with 20% cooldown because i needed fire res on a belt to use 2x fevered mind and im using +1 curse foible. i have curse on hit and ele weakness in shavs to get more dmg and to balance this i have to use 2x fevered for my mana cost to be able to ramp up indigon's buff. im currently at 4.5aps with 1 skip which is not a huge deal because it helps reamping. also only level 87 at the moment but im having trouble reliably getting more than 130kdps on volatile. (my gems are only level 19 but i doubt thats the reason im not able to get 300k tooltip.) also on maps that are not open like a Shaped Dunes its harder to hit that 130k tooltip area because of no monsters to leech mana. my watchers eye is also only a clarity ES% mod as i cant get the double mod on std atm. this is my pob https://pastebin.com/50KGM5hL
Last edited by devrik on May 5, 2018, 11:58:08 PM
"
Rhaegar_G wrote:
Now properly works with the action speed granted by the Harbinger and also increases ES recovery rate. While a rare belt with cooldown recovery speed and mana recovery rate is an option, I prefer this much more. This is one of the few choices the build has. With this belt at 20% cooldown reduction, approach but do not reach 4.8 attacks per second on Frenzy. Lower quality on support gems may be used for a higher roll Flow Untethered. The buff granted by the Harbinger now works with Poet's Pen perfectly and it also reduces time to lightning warp with the offhand weapon swap set.

I find this paragraph TOTALLY misleading.

1) The action speed granted by harbinger does not work. How exactly do you know that it works when it doesnt show ANYWHERE?

2) most important, you say approach but not reach 4,8 aps. I see in pob, your max attack speed is 4,78 which is 0,20 attack time. That is WAY lower than the 0,21 that poet pen has with 20% cooldown recovery from belt. i find that the optimal attack speed is approx 4,3 which translates to 0,23 attack time which is the optimal.

Do i miss something?
"
nel0angel0 wrote:
"
Rhaegar_G wrote:
Now properly works with the action speed granted by the Harbinger and also increases ES recovery rate. While a rare belt with cooldown recovery speed and mana recovery rate is an option, I prefer this much more. This is one of the few choices the build has. With this belt at 20% cooldown reduction, approach but do not reach 4.8 attacks per second on Frenzy. Lower quality on support gems may be used for a higher roll Flow Untethered. The buff granted by the Harbinger now works with Poet's Pen perfectly and it also reduces time to lightning warp with the offhand weapon swap set.

I find this paragraph TOTALLY misleading.

1) The action speed granted by harbinger does not work. How exactly do you know that it works when it doesnt show ANYWHERE?

2) most important, you say approach but not reach 4,8 aps. I see in pob, your max attack speed is 4,78 which is 0,20 attack time. That is WAY lower than the 0,21 that poet pen has with 20% cooldown recovery from belt. i find that the optimal attack speed is approx 4,3 which translates to 0,23 attack time which is the optimal.

Do i miss something?

You're missing everything. The well-defined math behind Cooldown Recovery Speed is this:

I'll go in reverse order, as you are confused with the initial math of cooldown recovery speed.

Cooldown Time in Milliseconds / (1.00 + % Cooldown Recovery Speed) = New Cooldown time

Concretely, this is .250/1.20 = .20833 or 4.8 attacks per second (the reciprocal of casts per second)

Action speed granted by the harbinger accelerates attacks per second. No blank attacks are fired.
Undisputed best alpha tester since Awakening beta.
"
Rhaegar_G wrote:

You're missing everything. The well-defined math behind Cooldown Recovery Speed is this:

I'll go in reverse order, as you are confused with the initial math of cooldown recovery speed.

Cooldown Time in Milliseconds / (1.00 + % Cooldown Recovery Speed) = New Cooldown time

Concretely, this is .250/1.20 = .20833 or 4.8 attacks per second (the reciprocal of casts per second)

Action speed granted by the harbinger accelerates attacks per second. No blank attacks are fired.

The cooldown calculation you provide (with 20% CD reduction) is correct, that is why the tooltip shows 0,21sec (it's rounded up from 0,20833).

What I find misleading is the attacks per second you suggest to have, if you go anywhere near 4,7 aps you are closing to 0,21 attack time, which is not optimal in poets pen builds. Everyone and the stones know that you need to be 0,02 attack time more than what the pen cooldown is.
If the pen cooldown is 0,21 you need to have 0,23 attack time, no less, otherwise you are losing casts.
0,23 attack time is around 4,3-4,4 attacks per second. If you go above that you are losing casts, simple as that.
Ask anyone if you don't believe me, also you can check the pen's casts while you are attacking and you will understand.
"
nel0angel0 wrote:
"
Rhaegar_G wrote:

The cooldown calculation you provide (with 20% CD reduction) is correct, that is why the tooltip shows 0,21sec (it's rounded up from 0,20833).

What I find misleading is the attacks per second you suggest to have, if you go anywhere near 4,7 aps you are closing to 0,21 attack time, which is not optimal in poets pen builds. Everyone and the stones know that you need to be 0,02 attack time more than what the pen cooldown is.
If the pen cooldown is 0,21 you need to have 0,23 attack time, no less, otherwise you are losing casts.
0,23 attack time is around 4,3-4,4 attacks per second. If you go above that you are losing casts, simple as that.
Ask anyone if you don't believe me, also you can check the pen's casts while you are attacking and you will understand.

Lost casts are easily visible. The cooldown is stored as a float with a precision of seven digits. I've seen people claim otherwise as well but I've recorded video and gone over it at 0.25x speed, no casts are dropped.
"
nel0angel0 wrote:
"
Rhaegar_G wrote:

Lost casts are easily visible. The cooldown is stored as a float with a precision of seven digits. I've seen people claim otherwise as well but I've recorded video and gone over it at 0.25x speed, no casts are dropped.
arcane vision was not taken in the tree, is it not needed?
I was looking for a build to revive one of my ol' templars...and it didn't disappoint.

I'm close to getting the gear i wanted, but with the exception of a double clarity watcher with the mana regen. It's a solid build (albeit stupidly fun). The most fustrating part with this LL variant of poet pen is getting the jewelry (rings) needed to make it actually work.

I find running dungeons/corridors more pleasing with the homing balls.

Last edited by Molochmane on May 9, 2018, 10:38:54 AM
another question, is dmg pen enchnant on boots ok?
"
deo_thegod wrote:
another question, is dmg pen enchnant on boots ok?

I woulnd't recommend it, the 2% mana regen enchant best in slot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info