[3.16] Devon's Shocking! Lawnmower | Pure Phys Crit-Cyclone | All content viable

"
devon752 wrote:
"
vivaladead wrote:
this build can kill uber elder?

Yep, I was killing red elder before, pretty sure it can do uber, you'll probably need kaoms roots for the fight though.

"
IAmCarl wrote:
Should I be worried we aren't picking up Endless Hunger/Brutal Fervor? I'm worried about build sustain and might end up swapping over if I manage to make this build overkill with the new gems.

Naaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm sure it'll be fine.

I did the meth and this build has around 7.5-8k effective life (in mediocre conditions). If you max, even more. Plus we're gonna have infused channeling as well which is another 8% phys reduction. I will be playing this as a starter and if survivability will seem of importance and the damage wont be lacking then yes I'll also probably switch to overleech and the 6% damage reduction. It's not a problem to respec 4 ascendancy nodes, 20 regrets is not that big of a deal. The problem is that those 4 whole points are really only giving these 2 things: Overleech and 6% reduction, nothing else, for 4 ascendancy points.

That overleech makes playing the game feel a lot better last time I played Slayer pre-nerf, we'll see though since Vaal Pact requires a lot of effort to reach.
hi Devon

Got few questions, observations. As for now, we are planning to use "old" and checked Support Gems (with the addition of Fortify), but later after Release when Quarl will update PoB there might be change to the Links for the skill, right?

Second thing is will you update Levelling guide as the MoltenStrike seems to be nerfed heavily with 3.7? Or we just need to use anything until Level 28?

Last thing, I noticed that you were discussing the Aura later in the thread. My assumption is that the final verdict will be reached after PoB-Gems update?

Thanks for the build, and for quick response in the thread :)
ING: Leesaurk
"
Flamorand wrote:
One more question, why did you taken forceful skewering ? 15% impale is very worth for loose onslaught (so one potion slot) ?

20% impale* chance and yes, it's only 3 points for 55% more damage on bosses. Onslaught is only on kill, it isn't boss damage and we have enough damage for clearing maps. Wait for PoB update and see the damage.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
ok thanks again ! :)
"
devon752 wrote:
"
Flamorand wrote:
One more question, why did you taken forceful skewering ? 15% impale is very worth for loose onslaught (so one potion slot) ?

20% impale* chance and yes, it's only 3 points for 55% more damage on bosses. Onslaught is only on kill, it isn't boss damage and we have enough damage for clearing maps. Wait for PoB update and see the damage.

I'm not sure it works this way, but correct me if I'm wrong :

With 20% chance to impale on hit, and because impale last for 5 hits, the target will have on average 1 impale effect dealing damage when we hit.

So 1 impale is 10% (11% with increasing effect), so these three nodes are 11% more damage against a target that we hit at least 5 times, so rares/bosses. But it remains pretty good for 3 points !
"
Leesaurk wrote:
hi Devon

Got few questions, observations. As for now, we are planning to use "old" and checked Support Gems (with the addition of Fortify), but later after Release when Quarl will update PoB there might be change to the Links for the skill, right?

Second thing is will you update Levelling guide as the MoltenStrike seems to be nerfed heavily with 3.7? Or we just need to use anything until Level 28?

Last thing, I noticed that you were discussing the Aura later in the thread. My assumption is that the final verdict will be reached after PoB-Gems update?

Thanks for the build, and for quick response in the thread :)

1) Yes, I will update the gems after PoB updates, I will probably replace critical damage with infused channeling. I don't want to remove critical chance because of the starforge passive but if it will be too big of a damage difference then I might replace critical chance (long story short I have to see when the update hits).

2) For starting out it really doesn't matter what you take as long as it clears until you get sunder after Merveil, I will explain that part better so people understand it's flexible

3) Yes. The biggest problem is gem slots, I don't think there will be enough slots for all the things I would like to have inside.
I think it will end up something like this: Pride + Blood and Sand + Precision + Enlighten 3, CWDT + Steelskin + Blasphemy + Vulnerability in the other and the War banner inside the chestpiece instead of the portal gem.
Since this would only require the chestpiece to be a 5L I will probably go for this option because I cba getting a second 6L for the totem AND this way you can max out precision while still having mana for leap slamming or spinning. But I can only say for sure when the update hits.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"
Zankai wrote:
"
devon752 wrote:
"
Flamorand wrote:

With 20% chance to impale on hit, and because impale last for 5 hits, the target will have on average 1 impale effect dealing damage when we hit.

So 1 impale is 10% (11% with increasing effect), so these three nodes are 11% more damage against a target that we hit at least 5 times, so rares/bosses. But it remains pretty good for 3 points !

Ah yes you are right! My bad, my bad, I might reconsider them now haha.

So basically I went for 12% life + 24% armor rather than that 14% more, plus it's a bit inconsistent.
Last edited by devon752 on Jun 6, 2019, 4:00:21 PM
"
devon752 wrote:
"
Zankai wrote:
"
devon752 wrote:

Ah yes you are right! My bad, my bad, I might reconsider them now haha.

Eheh yes, if those 3 nodes gave 55% more damage, impale would be so overpowered !
I don't think any 3 nodes on the tree can give 55% more damage to any builds, not including Keystones of course ^^.

Another question : what do you think of Close Combat Support gem ? I mean 59% more damage is A LOT, and the QoL for 24% more attack speed on the first leap slam after cycloning is nice too.
"
devon752 wrote:

We have 20% maim on crit, so Flesh and stone is pretty underwhelming. Regarding auras see my response to "Tadeorbb" on this same page.

There's a misconception here. Maim itself is only a slow, with no increased damage taken, unless specified that maimed enemies take increased damage (such as on the support gem and flesh & stone). So in other words, the node by itself will only inflict a maim that slows enemies, but when you also have an increased damage maim effect somewhere it'll increase your overall chances of maiming something and inflicting that debuff. It's a very strange and misleading combination effect, I know.

Flesh & Stone the aura can also be supported by Maim Support to combine the two effects (so the enemy takes 16% increased + 14% increased = takes 30% increased for 25 * 1.15 = 28.75% mana reservation), making it a fairly efficient use of mana.

"
devon752 wrote:

Steelskin imo, on cwdt along with the ice golem. Why steelskin? It is a bit weaker but you can't get reflected into oblivion from the molten shell explosions.

This is another misconception. The damage from Molten Shell is reflected damage and reflected damage cannot be reflected a second time. You are completely safe from it.
"
Zankai wrote:

Another question : what do you think of Close Combat Support gem ? I mean 59% more damage is A LOT, and the QoL for 24% more attack speed on the first leap slam after cycloning is nice too.

Close Combat Support is technically one of the strongest supports now that you can Cyclone in place, meaning you could park right on top of the boss and deal extra damage (even better with Conc Effect, hah!)... but in practice isn't a very good idea. Especially with a somewhat glassy build, your defense is your range and mobility, so while it's doable, I probably wouldn't suggest it unless you're very comfortable with enemy attack patterns either (and if they're so trivial that it doesn't matter if you get hit, the damage bonus probably doesn't either).

Leap Slam alongside Cyclone was already of questionable value, even more so now that Cyclone is channeled and can change direction at will. This build is already going to be pretty starved for links, so I don't think I'd bother with it, particularly not if also expecting to support it with Faster Attacks, Fortify, and potentially ECOMS. While I love Leap Slam, that's a lot of budget for mobility that you already have.
Last edited by Archimtiros on Jun 6, 2019, 4:05:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info