[3.4] ARC totem hierophant. End game bosses ready

with 3.4 not much changes will touch this build I suppose:
- flame dash/ lightning warp buff
- lightning spire trap buff (good source of extra damage while totems are up for boss killing)
- new amulet is great, but no clue how hard to get it.
- instant skills... molten shell as 1 more defensive skill? phase run as free speed runner?

And since in incursion i managed to clear all content on softcore (even without soul mantle) - will try as SSF in delve:
-shimmerons should be no problem,
-for chest - tabula rasa (upgradres to shroud of lightless/loreweave/rare chest)
- essence worm isn't mandatory and still a matter of time when it or new amulet drop
- rest is rares.

The absolute best thing (for me) of this build, that i can safely focus on dodging/dealing with all mechanics on boss fights with no stress i miss dps, totems will do all the work! And for mapping its not the fastest, but pretty much very safe and smooth build. I even manage to do vaal temple with elem reflect/no mana+life regen :))
Wonder how this build will hold up with no shimmerons... back to glacial cascade totems?
yea i was gonna ask the same thing. GC totems should still be 100% intact. I wonder how much of a drop off it is without shimmerons.
I actually think this is a great time to go Arc. I have done GC totem for the past three leagues, and I want to change it up a little less time. I think we should be able to slide in Void Battery without much if any issue.
Ok so the patch notes are available for 3.4 now:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2201187

Good news:
- No obvious changes to Arc or Totem usage in general
- Most templar tree reworks do not quite touch the build
- Penalty damage from Shimms cut in half (200 instead of 400 now)

Bad news:
- Shims will now deal this penalty damage when your skills crit as well, including mines, totems etc.

So overall I assume this build will still be very good but I guess that using Shims will be too risky now as the damage can no longer be avoided by using totems. Having the penalty damage being halved is still quite high when you crit like every other second I believe.
Yeah, the change to Shimmeron was a pretty let down for me. After 3 leagues of Scorching Ray Totems I was looking forward to Arc Totems. I wonder if there´s a good substitute for Shimmerons for End-Game. I also never played GC Totems, so if they are still very strong and hopefully easy to gear, I´ll switch to GC. Just something else than SR :-)
This hit right in the balls, especially for SSF.
I mean this mantra "no risk, no reward" with shimmeron + traps/totems was a little bit of a cheat.. or wasn't it?
We already got a deal: totem's cant restore as life via leech to it's owner. And flasks with extra charges on crit strike gives us no benefits.
And now they broke that deal.
So yeah, while pretty much every other melee/caster build can leech, we cant, we rely on regen/flasks, and now should care about pretty much permanent life degen if we want end game weapon. I say its unfair.
1-st time? Ofc not, and guess not last time.

With reducing it to 200hp/sec per PowCharge. what it means - 1200*0,25 = 300 (down to 240 if you play with loreweave or soem sort of other +max lightning resistance options)

Thats for 2-3 extra jewels with life/mana regen while moving will be good enough to use it for maps at least.
2-nd slot with void battery will be very solid choice. (could be pain in ass for SSF)
Last edited by Dyvz on Aug 29, 2018, 1:46:30 AM
I was thinking of doing a 2 phase build now:
-Atlas clearing/farming: Good rare wand and shield combo. Remove the power charges from the tree and get Heart of thunder. A bit more defensive with still enough damage to clear everything (probably including Shaper)

-Boss farming: Double void battery. Remove Heart of thunder and take power charge nodes. Max damage.

What do you guys think ?
"
Dyvz wrote:
I mean this mantra "no risk, no reward" with shimmeron + traps/totems was a little bit of a cheat.. or wasn't it?
We already got a deal: totem's cant restore as life via leech to it's owner. And flasks with extra charges on crit strike gives us no benefits.
So yeah, while pretty much every other melee/caster build can leech, we cant, we rely on regen/flasks, and now should care about pretty much permanent life degen if we want end game weapon. I say its unfair.

With reducing it to 200hp/sec per PowCharge. what it means - 1200*0,25 = 300 (down to 240 if you play with loreweave or soem sort of other +max lightning resistance options)

Thats for 2-3 extra jewels with life/mana regen while moving will be good enough to use it for maps at least.
2-nd slot with void battery will be very solid choice. (could be pain in ass for SSF)

Delete
I am emotionally & mentally drained through the sharking waters.
Last edited by bvanharjr on Aug 29, 2018, 11:13:27 AM
"
Dyvz wrote:

If you still want to use 1 Shimmeron the solution may be to use the new amulet "Aul's Uprising" + essence worm with purity of lightning (level 21+2 = +5%) or Loreweave as you mentioned. The damage would be 240 (144 life + 96 mana) and we neglet it all, though we will have 0 life regen and halved mana regen.
I'm not sure it's worth to try to neglet the degen.

I will probably play with other weapons. The DPS will be lower than my final 3.3 build but not that much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info