[3.4] ARC totem hierophant. End game bosses ready

"
ntpphong wrote:
Is the arc chain additional time better than 40% more arc damage helmet enchant, since the extra chain is technically only additional 15% extra damage.

Thats 40% Increased damage not MORE, it gives around 5% dps while extra chain gives around 7% and extra chain that helps with clear speed.

"
RushBone wrote:
"
groar wrote:

BTW You shouldn't loose any dps when switching to Reflection, You get 30% from Pain Attunement, 16% from Mark of the Shaper also when you get 20lvl Enfeeble with 2x Kikazaru you loose ~22% dmg and you have to get over resists for cases when you get cursed with ele weakness/conductivity/flammability etc.

I am playing Kikazaru + totem versions since long time so I automatically always see my resist cap at 90%+. I was dual wielding and both daggers are almost the same so even now you can estimate how much dps is lost without the second one. Regarding resists, I lose 60% lightning resist on rings AND 83% allres on belt and only get 84% allres from shield while needing 45% less which means lacking around 20% resistance to get capped.
Even after buying several jewels to cover that without replacing boots or gloves which are already almost top tier, the max dps I could get is like 10-15% less than before.
Yesterday, the second uber elder fight was much smoother, but I still died twice, actually like before with dualwield and kikazarus.
I will test today couple times more. My goal is to do uber elder deathless and I am looking for a setup that is suitable for me and my mechanical skill :)

Did you put in lvl 20 Enfeeble in PoB configuration when checking dps with 2x Kikazaru? It actually lowers your dps by over 20%.
If you still loose dps with reflection that means your weapons give way more dps than Shimmerons in Arc build. Which is understandable since you use stat sticks basically and those tend to give even 100% dps if maxed out ;p
Last edited by groar on Jun 26, 2018, 11:41:23 AM
"
groar wrote:

Did you put in lvl 20 Enfeeble in PoB configuration when checking dps with 2x Kikazaru? It actually lowers your dps by over 20%.

no i didnt, you mean that even 20% of enfeeble lvl20 lowers my dps this hard?

edit: i tried this in PoB and lose like 3% of dps when enfeeble is active which is not all the time ;)
Last edited by RushBone on Jun 26, 2018, 12:26:42 PM
Really loving this build so far! I have all of the Shaper Guardians down and I plan on running Shaper as soon as I level up again and get a second Shimmeron. I think I still have a lot of improving to do though since you mentioned that you are doing 150k per totem and I'm only seeing 60k on tooltip. Here is my gear:

I recently re-equiiped my templar and I happened to have the forbidden taste flask laying around so i jusst put it on. I dont know how to lionk items on here but its a quartz (spell dodge) flask, It has two affixes, 1. instantly restore 98% of your hp on use. 2. take 8% of your hp as chaos dmg a second during flask effect (4 sec), anyway I dont seem to be getting the negative part at all, it restores my hp to full instantly (+phaseing) and then nothing, My Es doesnt even go down.
Also, I have dual shimmerons and a 6l soul mantle. I feel like if something breaths on me hard I will die. Guess I need a better life ring and ammy. Waht are your life totals?
"
Slickmcgee wrote:
Really loving this build so far! I have all of the Shaper Guardians down and I plan on running Shaper as soon as I level up again and get a second Shimmeron. I think I still have a lot of improving to do though since you mentioned that you are doing 150k per totem and I'm only seeing 60k on tooltip. Here is my gear:

Is that 60k buffed?
"
eXidus wrote:
"
Slickmcgee wrote:

Is that 60k buffed?

60k is with all 6 power charges up, wrath aura, and a totem recently cast.
"
RushBone wrote:
"
groar wrote:

edit: i tried this in PoB and lose like 3% of dps when enfeeble is active which is not all the time ;)

I did check your build in PoB and it lowers your dps by 4% and yes it seems glacial cascade build works better with dual kikazaru ;p 557k shaper dps if I didn't miss anything in PoB.

Not sure how much did you pay for your weapons and that double Hatred Watcher's eye but it also seems cheaper than arc build and you can use normal movement skill + Fortify, I may start with this next league.
Last edited by groar on Jun 26, 2018, 3:20:45 PM
"
groar wrote:
"
RushBone wrote:
"
groar wrote:

I guess it depends on the build, in my PoB it lowers dps exactly by 22% (580k --> 450k)

Edit. I did check your build in PoB and it lowers your dps by 4% and yes it seems glacial cascade build works better with dual kikazaru ;p 557k shaper dps if I didn't miss anything in PoB.

Not sure how much did you pay for your weapons and that double Hatred Watcher's eye but it also seems cheaper than arc build and you can use normal movement skill + Fortify, I may start with this next league.

I crafted both daggers myself mate, costs between 3 and 4 exalted each.
I got that Watchers's Eye for 13 exalted.
The +2 Soul Mantle gives also a little boost, first I found a +1 to all gems with no sockets, used mastercraft service dude and got a +1 6L Mantle for like 16ex and weared it.
Later someone managed +2 to AOE gems, I bought it immediately, same way mastercraft service, like 17ex, then sold the first one with +1 to all for 25ex and wearing now +2 to AOE (which is my skillgem).
Actually what I am playing now is not really expensive, I switched again to dualwield and will test uber elder in the next hour. Anyway I got like 50ex in the stash besides of Reflection and that Elder Worm, so if it will seem to me I'm too squishy I will keep the setup with the shield.
Still, many thanks for the original post and next answers, I rechecked my dps with the shield and ring setup and it is actually not far from the dualwield, it seems that it was just some subjective feeling issue not the performance of the setup :)

EDIT: did uber elder on the old dualwield setup with only 1 death - actually don't really need the Reflection, so sold it.
Last edited by RushBone on Jun 26, 2018, 4:16:11 PM
"
Bender222 wrote:
I recently re-equiiped my templar and I happened to have the forbidden taste flask laying around so i jusst put it on. I dont know how to lionk items on here but its a quartz (spell dodge) flask, It has two affixes, 1. instantly restore 98% of your hp on use. 2. take 8% of your hp as chaos dmg a second during flask effect (4 sec), anyway I dont seem to be getting the negative part at all, it restores my hp to full instantly (+phaseing) and then nothing, My Es doesnt even go down.
Also, I have dual shimmerons and a 6l soul mantle. I feel like if something breaths on me hard I will die. Guess I need a better life ring and ammy. Waht are your life totals?

The damage for the flask is probably being split by MoM. When you combine that with your regen from having totems up you probably won't notice the degen at all. This is actually a really good idea for a flask for this build. I'll have to try it.

As for feeling squishy. You should definitely try to get more life and mana on your gear. You might also want to consider looking at Mathil's 3.2 version of arc totems. He has a slightly different tree and doesn't use Soul Mantle but he's still able to do end-game content. I'm currently running on a rare 6L because I don't like the soul mantle mechanic with the curses.

Anyway, worth thinking about.
"
bridgeburner wrote:
"
Mentalmike wrote:
Hello,

I've been following the guidance of this build and have having difficulties with it.
T13-14 maps are doable at a reasonably comfortable level but anything higher than that, I get 1 shotted (I know movement is the key defence here, but when temporal chains keeps popping up (even when i have a curse immune flask) i just get caught out with the bagillion projectiles spewed around. Dont even get me started on Maze of the Minotaur...impossible (for me).

However the 'squishy' nature of this build is not what i am having difficulties with it is the DPS...just not getting it higher - This then allows for the curses to crop up faster because the totems die because they dont deal enough damage.

I am level 91 and have only 25kDPS/totem (with 6x power charges approx 45kDPS/totem). People are quoting 100kDPS/totem, but even with a 2nd shimmeron, that wont boost my DPS to 100kDPS. Shimmeron for me only gave me 5k more.

Please may someone scrutinise my build to see what I have done wrong, cant for the life of me figure out what. Many thanks in advance.

Passive Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAAQHBFEEswVCBx4I9AmqDdEOSBEPES0RlhZAFm8WvxvIHNwdFB2DHwIgbiL0JKomlSoLKhMsnDBbMtE2PTbFNuk6FjpYQZZEoUVHRZ1JT0lRTLNQMFNSVUtVxlhtWOVaK13yXl1fKmHiYqxjQ2QzZJ1mnmhaaPJqQ2wLbIxtGXBSfIN-r3_Gg9uD84UyhX2GgonTi4yMNo0ZjmSPGo9Gj_qTJ5Uuly2a4J2qogCnCKc0p5Ssl64SrrO2-ryqvOrAZsCawJzP3dD10f3ZX9n8217djOAS42rjhOvk6-7r9fAf8NXxivId96b53frS?accountName=Mentalmike&characterName=SparkMeArc

2 things I noticed from your tree. You're not taking the crit multi nodes in the Shaman's Dominion cluster the way the build recommends. And also, you don't have Ancestral Bond? Not sure if this was something you were just messing around with or if you actually don't have it, but that's a whole extra totem worth of damage.

Also, try to reroll your diamond flask to the "gain charges when you crit" type. It will probably give you more uptime than increased duration.

And not sure if you knew this already and are just using it for the other stats, but your belt. The "increased elemental damage with attacks" doesn't work for spells so. If you have high enough masters, you should take that mod off the belt and roll something more useful.

Many thanks for the advice,
The belt mod is because I can not remove it (was bought like that). Plan to put additional movement speed on it (only thing that can be master crafted on it).

Tree wise, might look into respecing into the crit-multi cluster but not sure where to remove other nodes. Also I do have the ancestral bond, no idea why it isnt showing up but can tell you it is there.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info