[3.4] ARC totem hierophant. End game bosses ready

Hi guys,

I am playing this build and having good fun with it.

However, I am no-where near 500k dps per totem. Can you help me have a look with my character gear and tree if I am missing anything? Thank you.

Gear - https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/miragesmt/characters
Character - InARCusion

Tree - https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.3.0/AAAABAUCAQQHBFEEswVCBx4I9AmqDdEOSBEtEZYWQBZvFr8byBzcHRQdgyBuIvQmlSoLLJwwWzLRNj02xToWOlhBlkVHRZ1JT0lRTLNOrlAwU1JVS1XGWG1Y5VorXfJeXV8qYeJirGNDZDNmnmhaaPJqQ2wLbIxtGXBSfIN-WX_Gg9uD84UyhX2GgonTi4yMNo5kjxqPRo_6kyeVLpctmuCdqqIAo_KnCKeUrJeuEq6zsTa2-ryqvOrAZsCawxPP3dAf0PXR_dgk2fzbXuNq44Tr5Ovu6_Xv6_Af8NXxivem-d360g==?accountName=miragesmt&characterName=InARCusion

Last edited by miragesmt on Jun 14, 2018, 2:40:22 AM
"
Gaikotsu1234 wrote:
"
Slerch wrote:
I got my ass handed to me by T15 elder in the last phase where he pulses (from what I understand on basic research) unavoidable damage while also hitting me with petrifying arc and while I can survive that combo once, maybe twice if I'm lucky, I'm not getting enough flask charges to maintain my life pool. I feel like I have the damage capability with only 1 shimmeron, but I don't understand how people are surviving that. I have 4.6k HP, 450 ES, 1.7k mana, 78% to all resists with a Loreweave instead of soul mantle, curses are just too annoying and I don't feel like damage is the issue. My arc in game tooltip damage is 140k with flasks and 6 power charges. I purchased two new healing potions to try and maintain but it just doesn't seem to be working.

This is my first league attempting bosses, so it could be mechanics based, but T10 elder was manageable without reading a guide. Looking for advice on what to change on gear or possibly what I'm doing wrong in the fight. It was honestly pretty disheartening.

That sounds like really low dps for a red elder fight. Can you make your characters public? I'd like to take a look at it and see if anything jumps out at me.

Update, I killed the T15 elder after liquidating all my currency into exalteds to get a 2nd shimmeron. I was still left scratching my head about what the hell instantly killed me a few times but I assume I just need to keep fighting him to get the mechanics down better. I'm mostly just happy that I found a build that I'm confident enough to try the end game bosses with again. I got steamrolled so hard by one the guardians a few leagues ago it gives me borderline anxiety to try again.
"
Gaikotsu1234 wrote:
"
Slerch wrote:
I got my ass handed to me by T15 elder in the last phase where he pulses (from what I understand on basic research) unavoidable damage while also hitting me with petrifying arc and while I can survive that combo once, maybe twice if I'm lucky, I'm not getting enough flask charges to maintain my life pool. I feel like I have the damage capability with only 1 shimmeron, but I don't understand how people are surviving that. I have 4.6k HP, 450 ES, 1.7k mana, 78% to all resists with a Loreweave instead of soul mantle, curses are just too annoying and I don't feel like damage is the issue. My arc in game tooltip damage is 140k with flasks and 6 power charges. I purchased two new healing potions to try and maintain but it just doesn't seem to be working.

This is my first league attempting bosses, so it could be mechanics based, but T10 elder was manageable without reading a guide. Looking for advice on what to change on gear or possibly what I'm doing wrong in the fight. It was honestly pretty disheartening.

That sounds like really low dps for a red elder fight. Can you make your characters public? I'd like to take a look at it and see if anything jumps out at me.

140k tooltip dps is low???!!!! Max I have seen mine spike to is maybe 60k and I am crushing everything so far up to tier 12 maps. I know you said in relation to red tier elder, but, geeze I was thinking I was pretty set.

My equipment must suck!
"
Slerch wrote:

I don't know what happened to you on red elder, it was a cakewalk when I did it. With 4k hp, 3k mana. At the time I had a 5l soul mantle. I have horrible jewels, atz foible for a neck, and I only run one hp flask, a Seething divine.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Wodahs/characters?characterName=WeNeedAnotherHiero
Last edited by Wodahs on Jun 13, 2018, 11:32:34 PM
I found an Essence Worm while mapping resulting in much higher DPS. After mulling it over, I realized that there's actually no required uniques outside of, perhaps, Essence Worm.

Soul Mantle's cool if you can use it, Shimmeron's also great if you can get one, but otherwise you can essentially use this build around level 30~ or so.

That said, what are some suggested improvements for my gear? I've been focused on another build so I've been using almost all of the same stuff for about the past 10 levels. Before the Essence Worm, the ring prior gave me flat life and enough resists to get the cap and sit at 0% chaos resist.

Spoiler

-I really am just used to Shield Charge. I haven't tried Phase Run so I don't know how necessary or how intuitive it "feels" when playing. I used to also use Flame Dash, but I now see how Lightning Warp has far better range.
-Talisman's are kinda cool. Glad I picked that up for less than 5c early on.
Last edited by MisterTails on Jun 14, 2018, 3:01:46 AM
why use controlled destruction and elemental focus, instead maby increas critical strikes and inc. critical multiplier? For sure elemental focus is poor, you cant shock! Maby better will be controlled destruction and strikes/multiplier will be better? You have shocks, and much often crit or do more dmg when crit. Good to try it.
"
miragesmt wrote:
Hi guys,

I am playing this build and having good fun with it.

However, I am no-where near 500k dps per totem. Can you help me have a look with my character gear and tree if I am missing anything? Thank you.

Gear - https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/miragesmt/characters
Character - InARCusion

Tree - https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.3.0/AAAABAUCAQQHBFEEswVCBx4I9AmqDdEOSBEtEZYWQBZvFr8byBzcHRQdgyBuIvQmlSoLLJwwWzLRNj02xToWOlhBlkVHRZ1JT0lRTLNOrlAwU1JVS1XGWG1Y5VorXfJeXV8qYeJirGNDZDNmnmhaaPJqQ2wLbIxtGXBSfIN-WX_Gg9uD84UyhX2GgonTi4yMNo5kjxqPRo_6kyeVLpctmuCdqqIAo_KnCKeUrJeuEq6zsTa2-ryqvOrAZsCawxPP3dAf0PXR_dgk2fzbXuNq44Tr5Ovu6_Xv6_Af8NXxivem-d360g==?accountName=miragesmt&characterName=InARCusion

Before everything: 500k DPS is the maximum damage shown on PoB (not in game tooltip).

Second: you have built it quite differently from the original post. Let's check what are you "missing" from that build:
- 2nd Shimmeron
- Full tree
- Boot enchant
- Helmet enchant (for the 500k DPS this is required)
- 20/20 gems
- Silver Flask and The Wise Oak flask
- 3x Offensive Jewels

With your items and some of this changes you will be at 440k: https://pastebin.com/7LB7kRw1
"
Sethion wrote:

Have you seen OP's gear? this is a perfect starter build. Shimmerons is really, really not needed at all.

Yup, and he used two Simmerons in 3.2! The perfect starter build is AW. You just need facebreakers which are really really cheap and then you can kill Shaper with trash gear. Flawless. That's it. Period.
"
MisterTails wrote:
[...] what are some suggested improvements for my gear?

Spoiler

-I really am just used to Shield Charge. I haven't tried Phase Run so I don't know how necessary or how intuitive it "feels" when playing. I used to also use Flame Dash, but I now see how Lightning Warp has far better range.
-Talisman's are kinda cool. Glad I picked that up for less than 5c early on.

With Soul Mantle is mandatory an "Ample/Chemist's Diamond Flask of Warding". You have anti curses flask on silver but you can use it just close to 2 times. With ample or chemist's on a diamond you will be able to use it close to 3 times (3 if you get a perfect Ample prefix).

If you are capped with resists and you are satisfied with your life you can focus on:
- Enchant boot
- Better weapon and shield (crit multi, faster casting, spell damage, flat lightning)
- 6L
"
"
Sethion wrote:

Have you seen OP's gear? this is a perfect starter build. Shimmerons is really, really not needed at all.

Yup, and he used two Simmerons in 3.2! The perfect starter build is AW. You just need facebreakers which are really really cheap and then you can kill Shaper with trash gear. Flawless. That's it. Period.

Both Shimerion and essence worm are not mechanical needed by this build - they only give more damage. It's not like a shavs or a facebreaker needed.

You can't start with a facebreaker build on SSF, but with this build. Any wand / mace will do it - random wand -> kill atziri a few times -> get even better one -> farm elder for shimerion.

The same with essence worm - using this
will give you even more damage on bosses for the price of casting a level 1 fire / ice spell every now and then.

So this build is possible even in SSF because Simmerons are farmable as end game goal.

I repleced the simmerion in his POB with 2 Doryanis, and removed the helmet enchant as the most uncommon parts. Still 260k DPS per totem - should be enough for farming yellow elder.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info