[3.3] HeiroFat: the Pen Is Mightier (HC, All Content, Perm IC, Boss Killer)

"
Why would you use Loreweave....with Poets pens?

You're using MoM to have 10-13k hp, so reserving mana for purities is a bad idea. With perm IC, Loreweave's max resistance is equivalent to 20% More HP, which makes it the best chest by a good margin. It even has some nice ele damage, hp + mana, and stats ontop of that.
"
cogktb wrote:
I just wanted to say thank you for the guide! Seems super strong and way tankier than I expected.

It's possible to die on this build, but you'll need to try pretty hard to do it.
What do you think of lightpoacher as lvling until like yellow tier maps?

And what gems should i put it in
Last edited by Tecken1407 on Mar 20, 2018, 3:41:30 PM
I ended up doing Unearth=GMP=IC in one Pen, VD=Conc=bodyswap/controlled destruction. If I wasn't using Yoke of Suffering to shock, I'd replace controlled with Elemental focus I think. Face tanking fully modded/ghosted mino...unreal.

Oh I also put Anger in essence worm and run a leech anger Watcher's eye, but not really necessary.
hey nice build i will try it out

Volatile Dead: 224k dps (PoB). 14k damage per ball with 4 balls 4 times a second. I'm not sure if this is accounting for the 10% more damage and 40% increased ele from from arcane surge.

when i take the pob link i see u only using vol dead +fire pen ? i add conc effect and reach 20k
The pen links are set up as follows:

Unearth -> GMP + Bodyswap
Volatile Dead -> Fire Penetration + Immortal Call

The reason for no third VD link is that you need Immortal call in your pens. You use it in the same pen as VD because it goes on CD for 3 seconds every cast, this means that every attack (4 per second) will trigger VD.

If you swap IC into the other pen, then you'll only cast VD every other attack since the pens alternate. Ideally, you could try to reach 8ish attacks per second. This would allow you to link your pens like this:
Volatile Dead -> Fire Penetration -> Bodyswap
Unearth -> GMP + IC
This allows bodyswap to share the support gem from VD. Until your attack speed approaches 8aps, you're going to lose significant VD casts by adding bodyswap into the same pen as VD.
"
Jaggy123 wrote:
I ended up doing Unearth=GMP=IC in one Pen, VD=Conc=bodyswap/controlled destruction. If I wasn't using Yoke of Suffering to shock, I'd replace controlled with Elemental focus I think. Face tanking fully modded/ghosted mino...unreal.

Oh I also put Anger in essence worm and run a leech anger Watcher's eye, but not really necessary.

I am also running anger in an essence worm. I've updated my current gear and build since the first page got a bit out of date. Read my post above about the placement of IC in your pens. Honestly, for general clear it won't make a huge difference. I don't take bodyswap out against bosses since it provides very significant damage (more than an additional support for VD), but I also feel comfortable bodyswapping against almost every boss.
"
Tecken1407 wrote:
What do you think of lightpoacher as lvling until like yellow tier maps?

And what gems should i put it in

Lightpoacher is fine. I think it's probably unnecessary as you will just demolish yellow maps. For anything below red maps, I recommend running the MF variant of this build. My guildmates are reporting 700+ chaos per day (one farmed 3 full kaoms in card via Volcano in one night. What a beast). I personally don't enjoy MFing that much, but it has made 6-7 of the other active HC players in my guild quite rich.
"
I am also running anger in an essence worm. I've updated my current gear and build since the first page got a bit out of date. Read my post above about the placement of IC in your pens. Honestly, for general clear it won't make a huge difference. I don't take bodyswap out against bosses since it provides very significant damage (more than an additional support for VD), but I also feel comfortable bodyswapping against almost every boss.

I'm assuming that you mean you'll only get half the VD because you have Bodyswap in with it. That's true, but I only use Bodyswap while clearing out trash. For bosses I stand still and use controlled destruction as a third link with VD. If I were to move Bodyswap back to my Unearth pen, and count its dps, my numbers would look like this:
VD(2L) - 23k avg hit, Bodyswap - 12k avg hit
VD(3L) - 34k avg hit.

With Bodyswap alternating with Unearth, you get 2 per second, so 24k dps added. You also lose a 1 VD cast ever 3 seconds, but that's too small for me to care about right now.

With no Bodyswap, and instead using a VD 3L, 34k avg hit is 11k avg hit or 44k dps higher. So losing 24k dps from Bodyswap but gaining 44k dps from a third link (and also not losing a VD cast every 3 seconds) is more damage overall.

Of course having to move and not simply attack will throw these numbers out the window real quick.

Edit: When I put your char in PoB, adding conc effect to your VD adds 10k avg hit, 40k dps, while your body swap is doing 15k avg hit, alternating with Unearth, 30k dps. A third link is better for your gear and mine, unless there's something I'm missing here.
Last edited by Jaggy123 on Mar 21, 2018, 10:05:54 PM
wondering how you levelled it from the start ?
just ripped and wanted to give this a shot, only have one poets pen atm .
not sure the best approach to level .
any help would be appreciated .
heading to work but will hopefully start this up later tonight ! :)
looking forward to it !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info