[3.3] HeiroFat: the Pen Is Mightier (HC, All Content, Perm IC, Boss Killer)

"
pkownzs wrote:
Yes im looking at VD and heart gives 800 dps but blood gives 0 dmg and the avatar of fire gives -950 dmg dunno why, that's broken pob calc or what? bercause im realy currious now. Oh and pob is up to date

Ok I just imported your character into PoB, Xoph's Blood is working fine here for me. In CaLcs I'm only turning on Frenzy/Power Charges and that's it, not even turning on the Ash proc.

Your avg damage against Standard mobs is 15195, with Xoph's Heart it goes up to 15833, Xoph's blood goes up to 16058.

I'm not sure what's going wrong with yours.

"
Deadscale wrote:
"
pkownzs wrote:
Yes im looking at VD and heart gives 800 dps but blood gives 0 dmg and the avatar of fire gives -950 dmg dunno why, that's broken pob calc or what? bercause im realy currious now. Oh and pob is up to date

Ok I just imported your character into PoB, Xoph's Blood is working fine here for me. In CaLcs I'm only turning on Frenzy/Power Charges and that's it, not even turning on the Ash proc.

Your avg damage against Standard mobs is 15195, with Xoph's Heart it goes up to 15833, Xoph's blood goes up to 16058.

I re checked still same, i reinstaled pob shows same, in other pc that i have pob shows same that somehow avatar of fire gives - dmg to vd and yea ash gives dmg if i put it on calc but pen is not counted most likely i gues, but still i have no clue why it's working like that for me and because of that problem with pob i have no idea should i get xophs or no because dunno
Can we do Uber Atziri, i am sure all mobs will melt but how about Atziri split phase? Reflect is going to insta kill.
Any thoughts?
"
pkownzs wrote:
"
Deadscale wrote:
"
pkownzs wrote:

I re checked still same, i reinstaled pob shows same, in other pc that i have pob shows same that somehow avatar of fire gives - dmg to vd and yea ash gives dmg if i put it on calc but pen is not counted most likely i gues, but still i have no clue why it's working like that for me and because of that problem with pob i have no idea should i get xophs or no because dunno

I don't have any idea what's going wrong on your end but I can assure you Xoph's Blood is giving you a damage increase over Xoph's Heart by an extra 200 damage, that being said it's literally Only 200 damage in your current setup so it's not like it's an insane amount.

If Avatar of Fire is reducing your damage, You're doing something different then looking at VD damage, Avatar of Fire converts your Cold/Lightning/Physical damage to Fire and The build doesn't have any Cold/Lightning damage in the build, the Physical damage we deal is insanely small and VD only deals Fire damage so it should change nothing relating to it. It doesn't change anything on my end with your character either.

If you want a bigger DPS increase you should get yourself a second set of Pens for single target.

Unearth - GMP - IC
VD - Conc Effect - Fire Pen

You hit 21k Avg damage per ball with this setup, a 5k damage increase.

"
commonjunks wrote:

Can we do Uber Atziri, i am sure all mobs will melt but how about Atziri split phase? Reflect is going to insta kill.
Any thoughts?

Swap VD for Detonate Dead if you're worried about the split phase. VD works alright for the Split phase but you've got to wait untill you see the Mirror Clone and stay as far away from it as possible if you can manage it, that being said it can get you killed.

"
commonjunks wrote:
Any thoughts?

Yes, you use detonate dead over VD for Atziri ('cause of the split phase).
Hey, build looks nice. First time playing with Poet's pen and will give it a go in BHC.
Leveling at the moment, super easy and fast start.
Will update the progress at later stage :)

Thanks for the build!
Last edited by MaSterX_BG on Apr 2, 2018, 10:25:51 AM
"
Deadscale wrote:

"
commonjunks wrote:

Any thoughts?

Swap VD for Detonate Dead if you're worried about the split phase. VD works alright for the Split phase but you've got to wait untill you see the Mirror Clone and stay as far away from it as possible if you can manage it, that being said it can get you killed.

"
"
commonjunks wrote:
Any thoughts?

Thank you for quick reply. I got owned at Trio, titty bitch didn't gave me much chance.
Here is my gear and tree, would appreciate if someone can see if my dps is not good enough?

BTW my character name is UBER_FART, if want to have a look at character.
Life 4554 and mana 3001.

Last edited by commonjunks on Apr 2, 2018, 11:02:53 AM
"
commonjunks wrote:
"
Deadscale wrote:

"
commonjunks wrote:

Any thoughts?

"
"
commonjunks wrote:
Any thoughts?

Thank you for quick reply. I got owned at Trio, titty bitch didn't gave me much chance.
Here is my gear and tree, would appreciate if someone can see if my dps is not good enough?

BTW my character name is UBER_FART, if want to have a look at character.
Life 4554 and mana 3001.

Your life is a little on the low side but your damage is totally fine (PoB says you've got 21k avg hit per VD, I'm currently only hitting 16k VD damage per hit).

Couple of things to point out.

I'd run a test to see if you miss any casts, you're APS cap is 5.32 and you're currently hitting 5.28 APS so you're really close to it and as i explained in a previous post PoE is kind of finiky when it comes to Cooldowns and casting, Check if you're consistently casting 5 per cycle without missing a cast in between (Go into a map, use the single target Pen setup, get 3 frenzy charges then attack the ground directly infront of you and count the VD casts, if you see an occasional attack that misses a cast you need to dial back your APS until you stop missing).

You're running 2 curses but don't have a way to apply an additional curse. so you'll either apply Warlord's Mark to them or Enfeeble. Put the main curse you want on your Frenzy Setup (Also I'd suggest trying out Flammability over Warlord's Mark. you go up to 28k damage per VD when the target is cursed with Flammability).

Your tree is alright, but You're losing some damage and Health by going all the way over to the Shadow side of the tree, you can drop most of those nodes, pick up the Health + Fire node near Templar, the Jewel node near witch, and the Jewel node near Scion for the same Points, you'd get 25% extra fire damage and an extra jewel slot, but lose some attack speed (and as said, I think you're current APS could be causing missed casts).

When it comes to surviving Boss fights like the Trio though, I'd stick to using your Bodyswap Pen. I couldn't sit and facetank them, I had to constantly kite around with bodyswap letting my VD chip away at them.

Last edited by Deadscale on Apr 2, 2018, 12:10:43 PM
For uber, just use a pair of impatience boots to gain your max endurance charges to start the fight and stand still, it's all phys there besides a bit of fire from the dual striker (unless you leave him last then molten shell lul) and perm IC will keep you alive. I'm able to facetank vaal temple trio in HC with the build doing that so I don't see why normal uber trio should be any different.
Thanks for making this build! I went the righteous fire route and I've been having a lot of fun zipping around maps. Here is the gear I have been using:

Spoiler

My jewels are mostly resist and life because I am using so many uniques. I've been trying to find a helm with the volatile dead +1 enchant on Standard but they are all so expensive.

This build did get me through the Halls of Grandmasters. I swapped to different pens so I wouldn't be casting bodyswap. I also did have to swap to a weapon and shield to Scorching Ray down the grandmasters with CWDT stuff though:

Spoiler

My one question for this build, is it worth using a fire penetration jewel in the volatile dead wand? I am currently using an empower because I like the bigger sheet dps but I am not sure if it is a good idea or not.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info