[3.3] HeiroFat: the Pen Is Mightier (HC, All Content, Perm IC, Boss Killer)

How do you get and cap 80% resistances? About Loreweave the wiki says: "Loreweave doesn't grant the resistances by itself", Players still have to gather resistances to get to that number...
Last edited by yissus on Mar 28, 2018, 6:42:13 PM
"
"
Durza1985 wrote:
Could someone please take a look what items i shall improve on and why? My budget atm is ca. 500c

Thanks.

Your single biggest upgrade is a helm with the VD enchant. That is a 33% more multiplier on VD. Not sure how much those go for at the moment.

Thanks for the fast answer.

Bought this helmet although i had to get +30 dexterity with 2 skill points in tree but i think it's worth it:

"
yissus wrote:
How do you get and cap 80% resistances? About Loreweave the wiki says: "Loreweave doesn't grant the resistances by itself", Players still have to gather resistances to get to that number...

Myself personally im doing this, I have 5 jewels so 1 is clear mind, the other 4 I carry 1 line of all elemental resistances.

Then on my helmet, gloves, and waist I carry x2 t1-2 resists, example;

This method lets me use any unique boot I want and still be well overcapped on all resists, you just have to specifically get 2 resists on the helm, glove, belt so that in total you have atleast 80% fire/cold/lightning.
Nice build - I might give it, or a variant a try as I haven't done poet's pen or VD yet.

Was wondering if the Effigon is worth using as a budget amulet choice, it gives 10% fire pen against blinded enemies, and we can fit blind into our setup, or get some passive blind chance. Cheaper than Xoph's, though no Ash effect or % life. The hits can't be evaded against blinded enemies, which is the main point of the amulet doesn't really help here though.

Only really suggesting as I happen to have this that I'm using on my pure fire quill rain build - the extra frenzy makes it a bit more appealing.

yo, sorry if im retarded, but do you manually cast the frenzy?, tryed to look in the video and i cant see it, never used frenzy
"
weeyay wrote:
yo, sorry if im retarded, but do you manually cast the frenzy?, tryed to look in the video and i cant see it, never used frenzy

Ya the frenzy is used as your basic attack spam to proc the pen spells, I didnt realize that either. I had never played a poet's pen build and spammed my basic attack for the 1st 40 levels lol.
Just wondering, why not use Spell Cascade ?

Volatile Dead + Concentrated + Spell Cascade
Unearth + GMP + Spell Cascade

Spell Cascade gives 50% less but give 2 stack thats 100% more so total is 50% more
"
SRSFireIce wrote:

Spell Cascade gives 50% less but give 2 stack thats 100% more so total is 50% more

Congratulations. You missed the whole point of the build.
"
yazisiz wrote:
"
SRSFireIce wrote:

Congratulations. You missed the whole point of the build.

No I'm not, of course for prem IC could use :

Desecrate + Spell Cascade+ Immortal call

well ?
I looked at your various alternative setups, but I still don't know which one to pick. I'm in beastiary softcore and my budget is sort of limitless (I have 200ex+ in currency) and have items like HH, 6L Lorewave etc. already. Anyone know which setup would the best possible for this build?

Basically I would love a perfected PoB setup that balances defense and dps. Bare in mind that I am in softcore so one death would not be fatal, but if I want to lvl to high 90s I don't want to die much at all, so I still want it to be extremely safe. I would love if I could farm uber elder on this even if I suck at gaming.

Looking forward to any replies.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info