[3.6] Acid Molten Strike Assassin - Uber Elder-viable Poison Build

Is a Claw like this worth using?In PoB it says its more DPS than a Wasps Nest, but I am unsure if its worth it to lose the attack speed for it.

Also in your post you wrote that using an Elder Claw is optimal, can you explain why? I feel like a Shaped Claw is better because it can roll Faster Attacks/ Attack Speed.

E: Happy New Year everbody
Last edited by Gwindy on Jan 1, 2019, 4:35:30 AM
I simply dont do any dmg single target on guardians, can anyone help what im doing wrong? Charname is AssaxD i know my Gemlvl isn't 20 but besides that
Hi, I'd like to ask your thoughts of using The Perfect Form Zodiac Leather for the chest? I mean phase acro is good, and its 100% mana reserve reduction for arctic armour is also useful for this build.
One more thing, I get the Opportunistic ascendancy node at my last uber lab instead of getting the Deadly Infusion. I kind of like the movement speed you get when you kill recently and the 100% increase damage when there is only one enemy. Can I have your thoughts also on this one? Thanks a lot in advance.
"
Gwindy wrote:

Is a Claw like this worth using?In PoB it says its more DPS than a Wasps Nest, but I am unsure if its worth it to lose the attack speed for it.

Also in your post you wrote that using an Elder Claw is optimal, can you explain why? I feel like a Shaped Claw is better because it can roll Faster Attacks/ Attack Speed.

attack speed is way better than crit. You get 4% flat from ascendencies (your caracter sheet won't show 2% flat + all the increased crit). the corroded mod is worth 60% more damage, so it's really easy to get one better than wasp's nest.

"
Lyshmo wrote:
is Dying Sun not worth using here? didnt see u mention it
Pretty good ever since 3.5, will be added.

"
Gwindy wrote:

https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Claw

Elder has Multistrike which is pretty much the same as Faster Attacks; what makes it better is that you can also roll Poison, Unholy Might, Blind and LgoH mods.

"
Lyshmo wrote:
I simply dont do any dmg single target on guardians, can anyone help what im doing wrong? Charname is AssaxD i know my Gemlvl isn't 20 but besides that
Your character can use improvement, but should be good to go for Guardians. Did you run a poison avoidance map perhaps?
If you can't reliably proc Ancestral Call, try out Damage on Full Life instead. Also get a blind jewel. The better you can facetank, the better your damage uptime will be, which means longer lasting poisons.

"
hetejimenez wrote:
Hi, I'd like to ask your thoughts of using The Perfect Form Zodiac Leather for the chest? I mean phase acro is good, and its 100% mana reserve reduction for arctic armour is also useful for this build.

One more thing, I get the Opportunistic ascendancy node at my last uber lab instead of getting the Deadly Infusion. I kind of like the movement speed you get when you kill recently and the 100% increase damage when there is only one enemy. Can I have your thoughts also on this one? Thanks a lot in advance.
Not worth using over Loreweave imo, a free Arctic Armour equals a 13% damage reduction; the max resistances from LW are already a 20% reduction.

Opportunistic is the same damage as Deadly Infusion while you get the 100% damage; the problem is many boses have extra enemies which usually makes it a bit unreliable.
The crit damage reduction is really good - when it is active. If you feel like the speed helps you, go ahead.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Jan 4, 2019, 6:15:54 AM

Hello, I've been following this build for the past week or so and I've enjoyed it a lot, so thanks for the guide. I have a quick question about this claw I just crafted a bit ago. Is it worth exalting and then crafting, or just crafting phys% (for the fenumus version of the build)? Path of Building says phys% is the best dps increase, but obviously exalting chaos damage would be a better increase if I got lucky.
Last edited by Nuoa on Jan 7, 2019, 1:38:29 AM
Hi there, so I am looking into the Fenumus version of the build and thinking how I should craft my weapon to replace wasp nest in endgame.

As far as I understand the build doesn't scale off much from physical damage from the weapon, so I am trying to hit flat chaos damage and the delve poison mod, and multimod attack speed, Vagan mod and, maybe, chance to deal double damage when focus.

I wonder if this is the general way to fossil craft the target weapon for this build, or would you have other ideas for this?
"
SheolFear wrote:
Hi there, so I am looking into the Fenumus version of the build and thinking how I should craft my weapon to replace wasp nest in endgame.

As far as I understand the build doesn't scale off much from physical damage from the weapon, so I am trying to hit flat chaos damage and the delve poison mod, and multimod attack speed, Vagan mod and, maybe, chance to deal double damage when focus.

I wonder if this is the general way to fossil craft the target weapon for this build, or would you have other ideas for this?

Key points:
1. Added flat chaos damage is better than physical (since 60% phys is converted to fire by MS)

2.Attack speed or onslaught on kill mod are good to have but the wep is still better than wasp nest with just the delve poison + flat chaos mods. Get attack speed on jewels/amulet if it doesn't roll for you.

Two ways to craft it:
1. Spam aberrant + corroded fossil till you hit delve poison + flat chaos. If you have exalts sitting, scour with prefixes can't change and then multimod for attack speed + hits can't be evaded + another suffix of your choice.

2. If you don't have the exalts, then spam the delve fossils to get delve poison + flat chaos mods and craft the attack speed on a suffix (if you are real lucky). Flat chaos + delve poison are highest priority. Then comes attack speed and hits can't be evaded.

3. Double damage or stuff that adds to direct damage doesn't benefit us too much since we are a DoT build. Look for more poison dmg, chaos penetration, increased chaos dmg instead.

An example:
Last edited by FloppyGlass on Jan 7, 2019, 5:05:40 AM
"
Nuoa wrote:

Hello, I've been following this build for the past week or so and I've enjoyed it a lot, so thanks for the guide. I have a quick question about this claw I just crafted a bit ago. Is it worth exalting and then crafting, or just crafting phys% (for the fenumus version of the build)? Path of Building says phys% is the best dps increase, but obviously exalting chaos damage would be a better increase if I got lucky.
The chance for chaos damage is less than 1%, so it's not worth exalting.
Phys is a bit of a sub-optimal roll, but it's the best you can craft (besides can't be evaded). The claw is still better than Wasp Nest even without any added damage though.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info