Oni-Goroshi in Current League - are You gonna farm it or drop it?

My first dropped right after lvl 7, second right after 8 and third on character with like 8,30. So chance is always.
4 Chars just reached lvl8,
roughly 3 hours of playing time each char.

nothing so far.

frustration is growing, its too late to stop it now though, lol
Now starting my third day of farming for this thing... I haven't even really spent any time actually playing the game because I'm wasting away trying to get this sword instead. My 3 characters are nearing 8.50, feeling fucking hopeless, and I feel as though by the time I get the sword I'm just going to be over playing this league by then lmao well done GGG.
Last edited by Azixo on Mar 5, 2018, 4:38:34 PM
Keep on Truckin' guys. It will drop.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
It will come i think before friday to all those who started farming it on friday at League Start.

Also stop wasting time on zombies just run as fast as You can for Hillock, drop him and another char. Over and over and over again. Also turn off music, level down sounds exept dialogue and item filter and switch on some good stand up comedy on YT in background on 240p and just chill.
Personally I gave up as soon as someone in guild showed T13 map drops. That was about when 3 of my characters in twilight were at 7.6 levels.

That was on 2nd day after leveling from 5 to 7 on Hillock kills along. It occurred to me I could have been doing maps by then, T1 at least. Getting better gear over-all and farming for Oni to buy.

What annoyed me though is WHY the nerf happened. GGG stating it dropped too fast too easy, letting people speed run through acts. One thing they clearly disregarded was:

The fact that the ONLY reason the drop was as high as it was, because people used that exploit where you kill everything on map, log out of zone, wait 1 minute and go back in to write /remaining. And if Hillock spawned then it's an Oni drop one. It made it x40 times easier yeah.. but that doesn't mean that legitimate way was not hard to begin with.

Now, reading through these pages all I see are people who got them 2 hours in and moved on. And other people, who are literally STUCK in twilight and could have been lvl 80+ by now with enough farm to buy one. They can't progress because the time they wasted would seem for naught, so they farm on.. it didn't make it harder to get, people can't play the league who want that Oni as a drop.

Hell, I am not even going into SSF cause those people have NO choice but to farm it. Spending 1 week for a single weapon, most people already play through WHOLE content by then and are done with the league (this I mean, a league where non-pokemon enthusiasts have no interest in catching beasts to craft leveling items)
i used duelists.

I used 3 at a time, level 7.

first sword dropped 8h45 in (lvl 7 30%)
second sword dropped 15h25 in (lvl 70 90%)

/played 17hrs in, 4 characters. nothing... worst four days farming while being sick yet. my luck has always been poor in matters of RNG.. but damn..
"
Jennik wrote:
"
poepoe091 wrote:
I sort of prefer a late start to the league. I like when the economy is already established so I can just buy shit.

Also keep in mind that the beginning of the league will most likely be riddled with problems. In the first 11 days of Abyss, they added some QOL features, fixed a ton of different crashes, improved the worst aspects of the league, and fixed a ton of bugs. The gameplay experience is far better if you wait a while to start the league.

Are you psychic?
Running heists fully zoomed in... because
"
ChewMyFudge wrote:
Personally I gave up as soon as someone in guild showed T13 map drops. That was about when 3 of my characters in twilight were at 7.6 levels.

That was on 2nd day after leveling from 5 to 7 on Hillock kills along. It occurred to me I could have been doing maps by then, T1 at least. Getting better gear over-all and farming for Oni to buy.

What annoyed me though is WHY the nerf happened. GGG stating it dropped too fast too easy, letting people speed run through acts. One thing they clearly disregarded was:

The fact that the ONLY reason the drop was as high as it was, because people used that exploit where you kill everything on map, log out of zone, wait 1 minute and go back in to write /remaining. And if Hillock spawned then it's an Oni drop one. It made it x40 times easier yeah.. but that doesn't mean that legitimate way was not hard to begin with.

Now, reading through these pages all I see are people who got them 2 hours in and moved on. And other people, who are literally STUCK in twilight and could have been lvl 80+ by now with enough farm to buy one. They can't progress because the time they wasted would seem for naught, so they farm on.. it didn't make it harder to get, people can't play the league who want that Oni as a drop.

Hell, I am not even going into SSF cause those people have NO choice but to farm it. Spending 1 week for a single weapon, most people already play through WHOLE content by then and are done with the league (this I mean, a league where non-pokemon enthusiasts have no interest in catching beasts to craft leveling items)

I totally agree. I am one of the people trying to farm the sword without any succes (yet), feeling it's a waste to stop becauses of the hours I've put in by now. When GGG stated they made getting the sword harder, I wasn't thinking about 25 hours of farming without any results instead of the 4 hours it took me last league to get two swords.

The fact that characters had to be level 7 in order to get uber hillock to spawn seemed like a cool mechanic to me, since there's some kind of measurement. Raising the required level at which he spawns might have been the solution instead of making the odds lower causing some people to get a oni after just some hours, while others have to hope for rngesus to finally bless them after 20 hours or more.

Ofcourse starting to farm for oni is a choice, and I understand that GGG would like the sword to be considered special, but IMO when some people still get it relatively fast this droprate reduction isn't the answer to making oni-goroshi special. Instead it's making some people not enjoy the game, but (like you said) feel forced to continue grinding for the sword, instead of actually playing the game because of the many hours already in.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info