Oni-Goroshi in Current League - are You gonna farm it or drop it?

"
YoRasta wrote:
So after which level I should only kill hillock and not clearing the beach?
You have a higher probability of getting Uber Hillock after hitting level 8. Many times the shows up soon after a runner gets to 8. I had him show at 8.1 and 8.3 this league with two more who are over 8.5 and haven't seen hide nor hair of him.

I full cleared up to 8.0 and then ran direct. We don't know how the probability of Uber Hillock showing changes at 8.0, so starting earlier may work well. The earliest I would start the direct runs is 7.75 or so.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
I farmed two this league. Three Scion runners, the first dropped 3 bars into level 8 at 7.5hrs played (added up from all three runners) and second dropped 10 bars into level 8 at 11hrs total played.
Back with the update.

Decided to ignore the optimal setup for farming and just do something that would be fun (I know, right!? :p)

Ran 5 characters 1 ranger; 2 shadows; 2 witches.

Pattern was kill first zombie; open support gem chest for the extra chance for loot and kill only Hillock.

Sword took 1457 runs to drop.

ranger lvl 8 19% - 6 h 39 min 51 sec
shadow1 lvl 8 8% - 5 h 37 min 41 sec
shadow2 lvl 8 11% - 5 h 46 min 13 sec
witch1 lvl 8 13% - 5 h 48 min 6 sec (OG drop)
witch2 lvl 8 15% - 6 h 28 min 46 sec

Total time to drop a sword was 30 hours 20 minutes 40 seconds spread over 10 days.

Gear for the fight

Uniques dropped overall

Currency gained from drops

plus from vendor

Not included are glassblowers baubles 'cuz potato won't let me sell quality flasks without crashing.

The fact that there's 15 characters using Oni-Goroshi on the ladder is another reason to further nerf the drop rate of the sword.
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?item=Oni-Goroshi

OG wielders are fucking dominating! Do something ggg! /s

124 swords for sale at the moment of posting this
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Heist/5K77VTa

Imagine that... 124 potential users besides those who have their accounts privated or are too low level and can't be seen if they are not on the ladder. /s

The OG drop nerf is in line with the "bazillion dps viper strike build" only a handful of people ever saw that got viper strike gutted.

Maybe it's time ggg actually reverted the drop rates to pre 3.2.0.

Running 5 characters and seeing a sword drop on a lvl 8+ when they claim it could spawn at lower levels just seems like a flat out lie.
Haven't read through the thread but I'm going to check if anyone actually dropped one below level 7 in the last two leagues.

For anyone willing to attempt the grind: do not pick music that winds you up.
The tediousness of the grind and amping music may lead to the death of your mouse or keyboard.

Good luck to all OG farmers!

May Kuduku withold his misfortune for some other exile brave enough to tempt the god!
Last edited by Hallsttattian on Sep 28, 2020, 3:01:44 AM
I am actually impressed by the number of Oni-Goroshi users this league. I though I was doing something somewhat niche... what kind of meta build is rising with OG that I do not know about? :P
I dropped 2 Onis this league. Don't know how long first one took, but second took about 6.5 hours between 3 characters, all Scion. First one seemed pretty similar in time and both times it dropped for a lvl 7 character.
I did a thing.
"

So, since White Wind is not dropping, I guess I am stuck with Oni-Goroshi until at least 90. And the fact my tree has been respecced to suit swords means the alternative is a 2H sword. While Oni-Goroshi does not fit really well the theme of Frost Blades, I think is however a nice dichotomy for the league.

There is a thing however I wish to ask, though I reckon it was already answered years ago during the creation of the sword:

I can understand the abusive nature of the sword by muting each and every line of the character, but I cannot understand why the sword makes a remark everytime you kill a Rogue Exile. The Goddess still makes some quip when killing rares as usual, but becomes quite vocal when going into any Anarchic map, or just rolling a Precinct.

Also, although they should be a fancy version of them, The Goddess does not seem to vocalize her triumph in a similiar fashion when slaying Warband members, or Warbands General. I don't remember, though, if Oni-Goroshi was born before Warband League

Were both of those behaviors intended?
"
Maxtrux wrote:
"

So, since White Wind is not dropping, I guess I am stuck with Oni-Goroshi until at least 90. And the fact my tree has been respecced to suit swords means the alternative is a 2H sword. While Oni-Goroshi does not fit really well the theme of Frost Blades, I think is however a nice dichotomy for the league.

There is a thing however I wish to ask, though I reckon it was already answered years ago during the creation of the sword:

I can understand the abusive nature of the sword by muting each and every line of the character, but I cannot understand why the sword makes a remark everytime you kill a Rogue Exile. The Goddess still makes some quip when killing rares as usual, but becomes quite vocal when going into any Anarchic map, or just rolling a Precinct.

Also, although they should be a fancy version of them, The Goddess does not seem to vocalize her triumph in a similiar fashion when slaying Warband members, or Warbands General. I don't remember, though, if Oni-Goroshi was born before Warband League

Were both of those behaviors intended?

1. I had no idea about the Rogue Exile thing. I'm guessing it's just tripping the on-rare-kill trigger each time? That's kind of lame.

2. Long after Warbands -- Oni-Goroshi came in with 3.0 or so, since the predecessor, The Goddess Unleashed, was made redundant by the removal of Merciless difficulty. As such, there'll be plenty of events that probably should merit a comment but simply won't get one, especially league-born stuff. My goal was simply to abuse the scripted dialogue through all ten acts to create an eighth story, give or take. Everything else is sort of bonus.
Predecessor! Paragon is BACK.
Finished Dragons Dogma 2 at 327 hours, 9 playthroughs. Loved every minute.
Holy shit, Assassins Creed ARPG trilogy isnt shit. 3D titan quest with better writing?
Dungeon Encounters is brilliant. Square Enix should stop banking on bloatjunk like ffxvi and ff7r.
"

1. I had no idea about the Rogue Exile thing. I'm guessing it's just tripping the on-rare-kill trigger each time? That's kind of lame.

Precisely. By your reaction, I take it is an unwanted by-product then...

"

2. Long after Warbands -- Oni-Goroshi came in with 3.0 or so, since the predecessor, The Goddess Unleashed, was made redundant by the removal of Merciless difficulty. As such, there'll be plenty of events that probably should merit a comment but simply won't get one, especially league-born stuff. My goal was simply to abuse the scripted dialogue through all ten acts to create an eighth story, give or take. Everything else is sort of bonus.

I know about The Goddess Unleashed as the predecesessor of Oni-Goroshi, and also how it was needed a change since the removal of Merciless. Just did not remember exactly on what league Oni was finally released. Pretty sure I still have some Legacy Rebirth divCards somewhere in my stashes, or it is lost in the guild stash of an old ex-friend of mine which is not playing anymore and from which I do not want anything back.

Guess your "abuse on the scripted dialogue through all ten acts" was also of inspiration for the Delirium voice acts.
It's curious, now that I think about it, how both Tangmazu and The Goddess share an abusive relationship towards the character. If any, The Goddess has some love in her methods.
"
Maxtrux wrote:

Guess your "abuse on the scripted dialogue through all ten acts" was also of inspiration for the Delirium voice acts.
It's curious, now that I think about it, how both Tangmazu and The Goddess share an abusive relationship towards the character. If any, The Goddess has some love in her methods.

I wouldn't know, friend -- I quit the game decisively near the end of Metamorph, so Delirium is pretty much a big grey blur to me. Apparently it was to a lot of people.

I would not presume that anything in PoE is 'inspired' by my work though. The writers/designers have creative energy to spare, even if sometimes it's a powder keg ignited by a spark such as, say, browsing Netflix titles. That's just how inspiration works.

And of course there's some love in her methods -- she's all about love. Or what she thinks love is. As my signature indicates, she's spent a very long time thinking about, and acting on, her notion of love, particularly towards her original wielder/victim, Charan Jaydemyr. The OG in the game is a very...very thin shaving of the real thing, a sort of 'what-if'. I didn't really mean for it to go as far as it did; Tipua Kaikohuru/The Goddess Bound was going to be all of her presence in Wræclast, with my other design slots going to other, more interesting things (I had a naginata-like staff, a pair of haste gloves, a non-shield shield and a stealth-based hood in the works at one point) but it really did just keep snowballing until suddenly there was voice and words, expressing not just what I, her true forger, think and feel about Wræclast but also how it makes her feel, and more than a few times she sort of surprised me. And now, to me, it seems like she has always been embedded in some particularly unfortunate incarnation of Hillock, just waiting for the right person to come along and know her...love.

Predecessor! Paragon is BACK.
Finished Dragons Dogma 2 at 327 hours, 9 playthroughs. Loved every minute.
Holy shit, Assassins Creed ARPG trilogy isnt shit. 3D titan quest with better writing?
Dungeon Encounters is brilliant. Square Enix should stop banking on bloatjunk like ffxvi and ff7r.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info