Oni-Goroshi in Current League - are You gonna farm it or drop it?

You get about 10 kills in level 6 and about 100 kills in level 7. Do the math.
"
dkeen wrote:
So im confused, ive heard that it drops as low as lvl 6 (there is a oni farming guid on reddit that reports this), most people say it drops at lvl 7 and up, but most people here are reporting it dropped for them at lvl 8. This makes me wonder if the drop chance improves as you level up.

No one but GGG actually knows the math behind the drop rate.

As Charan said: The drop rate is 100%. The spawn rate of Uber-Hillock is very low. (I think it was Charan, might have been Arrowneous though ... )

Supposedly, it's possible for it to spawn at any level, but the chance does increase (a tiny, tiny bit) as you go up, so most people won't see it until after level seven (and more likely after level 8).

That took me 128 kills (on that one character, so about 384 total across all three). My character is about one tick into level 8.

I ran the Strand with 3 Scions in sequence. Up until level 7, I do complete clears (about 30 to 35 runs). After level 7, I just run to Hillock and kill him. (although I'll still pop containers and kill anything that gets in my way.

I've added another runner and am going to continue for a bit, because I'd really kind of like two of them, but I may end up getting bored and just move on with one.
'A Balrog,' muttered Gandalf. 'Now I understand.' He faltered and leaned heavily on his staff. 'What an evil fortune! And I am already weary.'
Last edited by Unquietheart on Dec 17, 2019, 8:19:06 PM
And ... done.

128 runs with the first character, 142 with the second, both were a bit over level 8 when I got done.

Highlights (from all of my runners) include:

Spoiler

Edit: fixed the fact that I'd linked the SAME sword twice instead of both.

'A Balrog,' muttered Gandalf. 'Now I understand.' He faltered and leaned heavily on his staff. 'What an evil fortune! And I am already weary.'
Last edited by Unquietheart on Dec 31, 2019, 6:20:33 PM
"
dkeen wrote:
So im confused, ive heard that it drops as low as lvl 6 (there is a oni farming guid on reddit that reports this), most people say it drops at lvl 7 and up, but most people here are reporting it dropped for them at lvl 8. This makes me wonder if the drop chance improves as you level up.

First things first - Act 6 spawning UberHillock was a mistake that is already corrected. OG can be found ONLY in Twilight Strand at the beginning of game.

In that location UberHillock has some chance that it will be spawned before lvl7. There was one player reporting founding him at lvl 5 but he was unable to kill it so its not very good to have too much luck. After lvl 7 chacne increases but its not very high. This time i got lucky i found bouth before 7.50% but before i had that on one character ive leveled up whole level 8 only by killink Hillock and some even managed to hit 9 but it was very rare.

Remember - once You hit lvl 7 run just for Hillock. Dont waste time on rest mobs, run for him kill him and other farmer. Most efficient way is to start with 4 if You are aiming at 1 OG and 5 if You want more than 1.

Congrats to all fo You Seekers. It takes something inside to farm it, seriously. And that is something rare and we share it as a thing that connect us.

Great You are here!
Decided I would farm one while I watched the Exilecon, will be very useful for my SSF. I was about lvl8+ 5 bars in 3 chars
"
de99ial wrote:

Congrats to all fo You Seekers. It takes something inside to farm it, seriously. And that is something rare and we share it as a thing that connect us.

Great You are here!

Yes something rare and something different. Some might say it is a mental affliction but we always have the retort that ... hmm ... that ... (what was that retort again?)
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
We are man of focus, sheer will and action.

;)
Can anyone confirm Uber Hillock still spawning since they fixed the bug? My characters are level 8 now, I'm worried they might have fixed it by just disabling him.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
"
de99ial wrote:
We are man of focus, sheer will and action.

;)

Oh yea that's it. Thanks!
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Can anyone confirm Uber Hillock still spawning since they fixed the bug? My characters are level 8 now, I'm worried they might have fixed it by just disabling him.

Haven't run a Oni-farmer group yet. Afain GGG only fixed the act 6 bug that allowed a few to get an Oni-Goroshi there. It still should work for the starting beach as always. But I have more than a few exiles that made it into the Twilight Strand Beach Level 9 Club so anything bad like that is possible. If you have to go the full distance grind to level 9 I'll be waiting in the TSBL9C to buy you the first round of drinks to commiserate how bad rng is in PoE. Sometimes more painful than mind-melding with a Horta.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info