[3.2] Penta-Totem Ball Lightning Hierophant (3M Shaper DPS)

"
Xanthochroid wrote:
"
Fenndor wrote:
This is the build that I am going with, 18% less life than yours but more damage.
https://pastebin.com/D6eCLSPM

I don't have soul mantle set up yet but it feels really good in maps so far.

Could honestly run without a soul mantle at all if you feel the damage is good enough; and to be entirely honest, once this build gets all its endgame gear, the damage is kinda overkill anyway. Running Wrath in a Essence Worm is also an option if not using Soul Mantle for more MoM mitigation, because you wouldn't have to use any Kikazaru's anymore.
With his tree it would be a bad idea. He dropped most of the %increased damage nodes and got more crit. The dps loss from dropping Self-Flagelation+Soul-Mantle setup would be quite big. He might lose half of his damage from just that and more from losing one socket.
"
GladiatorUA wrote:
Some uniques that would be great for this build:

Watcher's eye Now drops from uber elder, but also has 3 mods. Wrath has 10-15% penetration, 70-100% crit or 40-60% lightning damage. Three of those is ideal, two of those + one the good clarity ones(can run lvl1 aura) is amazing too. Going to be insanely expensive.

Choir of the Storm very nice ammy. Mana, crit, lightning damage, lightning bolt every 0.5 seconds. Going to be expensive. Incompatible with Shimmerons, the bolt can crit. Oh well.

Atziri's Reflection I understand that second shimmeron is great. But slight offence and defense boost and freeing up ring slots to deal with resistances, life and dex will probably be essential because of the next item. Also, very expensive.

Indigon This monstrosity can boost the dps by an insane amount. 50-60% increased per 200 mana spent recently. At the cost of 50-60% mana cost increase, per 200 spent recently. This is nuts. Bonus: we can run Arcane surge lvl20, lol. Again, expensive.

Hey do you have the pob link with all the expensive item tree :) looking forward for one that optimised the build
Theory craft on Fp which you think better ?
As in fp or ball lighining / lightning tendrils
░▀▄░░▄▀
▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄░▀█▀▐░▌
█▒░▒░▒░█▀█░░█░▐░▌
█░▒░▒░▒█▀█░░█░░█
█▄▄▄▄▄▄███══════
Last edited by pro2017 on Mar 7, 2018, 7:10:12 AM
somebody get me VIDS already, wanna see the mapping with slower proj.
"
pro2017 wrote:
Hey do you have the pob link with all the expensive item tree :) looking forward for one that optimised the build
Theory craft on Fp which you think better ?
As in fp or ball lighining / lightning tendrils

It's not ball lightning / lightning tendrils, it's just ball lightning.

The high end tree shouldn't be much different. Some %increased damage nodes dropped, mana nodes added. First indigons hit bestiary market and they are 30 exalts each, so I won't be getting one for awhile.

"
Fenndor wrote:
This is the build that I am going with, 18% less life than yours but more damage.
https://pastebin.com/D6eCLSPM

I switched to this tree, which gets more crit, but less life. It also has more access to mana nodes.
I'm currently lvl 60 and working through the story but even with 3 BL totems and dual moon sorrows things die quite quick the biggest thing is you have to think of the BL totems as more piercing shots than say frostbolts massive spread so if you cluster things and the balls pass through them entire packs melt, but if the packs are all spread around you 360 degrees BL is a lot slower.

I actually think once I pick up my second ascendency I will try the spec out of ancestral bond and get more leech. (the optional setup) because when running around vs normal stuff it doesnt even seem worth dropping more than 2 totems let alone 4
"
Jaynen00 wrote:
I'm currently lvl 60 and working through the story but even with 3 BL totems and dual moon sorrows things die quite quick the biggest thing is you have to think of the BL totems as more piercing shots than say frostbolts massive spread so if you cluster things and the balls pass through them entire packs melt, but if the packs are all spread around you 360 degrees BL is a lot slower.

I actually think once I pick up my second ascendency I will try the spec out of ancestral bond and get more leech. (the optional setup) because when running around vs normal stuff it doesnt even seem worth dropping more than 2 totems let alone 4

You could also use LMP or GMP for clearing (I'd use LMP because each ball has a massive area anyway) if you want to get more spread; however this won't surpass the 5 hits/second per cast barrier, because all 3 proj would count as 1 cast. Will full gearing this could definitely be an option for better spread, because each cast should pretty much 1 shot any normal mobs all the way up until ultra endgame. And then of course just use Slower Proj on bosses and absolutely melt them.
Last edited by Xanthochroid on Mar 7, 2018, 8:17:45 PM
Are you aware that your build is being showcased on an RMT site? Google "poecurrencybuy Hierophant"

Also your build does ~700k real dps against shaper. Please stop tricking people by overinflating damage numbers
7 pages - any videos of this in actual gameplay?
IGN: MyOtherRangerDied // DontBeStupidAndDieAgain // GenericSporkerWitch
https://google.com
Hey there! Congrats to you in this "still building" guide... I tried it and so far (with the non-maxed items and not even shimmerons I have) I am enjoying it very much.

Just a question... I noticed a difference between the "skill tree" link and the path of building bin thingy... Which is the more up to date? I pressume the pastebin? More specifically the one has ticks on the "area of effect" nodes while the other hasn't. Thanks for the reply and keep us up to date :D
I have revised my build after feeling too squishy. I regretted out of Illuminated Devotion and specced into Divine Guidance. Just finished Uber Lab to pick up Conviction of Power. I finally 5L my Soul Mantle and set that up. Still using Moonsorrows, Shimmerons are on the list next but mapping feels great, enjoying it a lot.

Here is my revised build:
https://pastebin.com/E61YT2MD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info