[3.2] Captain Americlast - Scion Spectral Shield Throw

Yo hrimburn is really good.
"
TalekAetem wrote:
Hold on, I'm not supposed to connect the two starting points? I did that and I'm in too deep now.

You have to until you unlock Scion Ascendancy to be able to start from Ranger. Then you connect Scion to Ranger starting point and get Regret the filler points in between.

"
qazqazqaz wrote:
Yo hrimburn is really good.

Is the Ignite damage worth it, or should I stick to Hrimsorrow for now and spend my chaos elsewhere?
"
blackdeath101 wrote:
"
TalekAetem wrote:
Hold on, I'm not supposed to connect the two starting points? I did that and I'm in too deep now.

You have to until you unlock Scion Ascendancy to be able to start from Ranger. Then you connect Scion to Ranger starting point and get Regret the filler points in between.

Sorry, this is going over my head a bit. So it's fine to connect from Scion to Ranger, then when I get the Ranger ascendency, I can just regret that link away?
"
Ahfack wrote:
"
Kingpin827 wrote:
How do Spectral Throw builds handle Single Target damage? Can we emulate that or run spec throw in and switch to weapon slot 2. Or run EK or something.. Just spit balling

For single target damage you need a stat-stick-dagger/sword with extra damage as cold. Extra lightning/chaos dmg is icing the cake but cold is priority. Thus why we can't use a sceptre because they can't roll cold.

Get a shaped dagger/sword base with an implicit you like that doesn't have too high of requirements to equip.

Could alt+regal spam if you want or chaos spam if you have some currency to burn.

Here are the level requirements for the mods:

Level 68 Gain (15–25)% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage

Level 75 Gain (26–35)% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage

Level 80 Gain (36–40)% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage

Could get a couple good gained as mods, clean it, then multi mod with ias/multi/wed and it would pretty much be your endgame weapon for single target unless you wanted something mirror tier.

No I mean actual spectral throw, not SST, basically for the “low single target damage people are reporting“
"
TalekAetem wrote:
"
blackdeath101 wrote:
"
TalekAetem wrote:

Sorry, this is going over my head a bit. So it's fine to connect from Scion to Ranger, then when I get the Ranger ascendency, I can just regret that link away?

Ok so the 5th point of the Ranger ascendency tree “path of the ranger“ allows you to put points directly into the ranger start. This means as long as all the nodes you need over there are connected to the start, you can disconnect from any travel not needed as long as the nodes you do need are connected from the ranger start
"
Kingpin827 wrote:
"
TalekAetem wrote:

Ok so the 5th point of the Ranger ascendency tree “path of the ranger“ allows you to put points directly into the ranger start. This means as long as all the nodes you need over there are connected to the start, you can disconnect from any travel not needed as long as the nodes you do need are connected from the ranger start

Okay, I think I understand. Thanks!
"
TalekAetem wrote:

Basically all the points have to be connected to your starting point. For all non-Scions, everything has to path back to your starting point. For Scions that Ascend into start elsewhere on the tree, everything needs to connect to Scion starting OR whatever starting you ascended into (Ranger for this build for 50% projectile damage)

I might be wrong, but this is how I interpreted it because I didn't want to wait for a leveling section and didn't want to hold out for Merc Lab to unlock Ranger starting.

1. Pick-up core nodes around Scion starting (save crit multi for later, I picked up resists since season start resist gear is scarce).
2. Work your way down and around to whichever nodes depending on how I felt while leveling. Needed more damage, needed more HP, needed more leech, etc.
3. Finish Cruel Lab and eventually finish Merc Lab.
4. Here's where I'm really not sure what is best. You can pick-up quite a few skill points by starting Ranger and getting rid of the link or 2nd ascendancy. I opted for 2nd ascendancy because I ran out of Regrets, but I could be wrong and the extra points adds more than the 2nd ascendancy. Personal preference until clarified on? By the time I finish 4th lab, I'll have my regret stash ready to go to refund those points and re-invest.

Getting MUUUUUUUUUUUUCH better!

https://youtu.be/T3BB-6qwr_I

Gem is level 18 right now and I've done lots of tweaks. For bossing, I'm using elemental focus instead of crit strikes, and I got a stark's with 18% ias ancestral protector so that helps the damage against bosses very nicely. Damage could've been more because I forgot to set out my orb of storms for power charges :D

🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Last edited by Ahfack on Mar 5, 2018, 4:46:38 PM
Why Point blank with the dead-eye ascendancy? Does deadeye buff the decreased damage over distance from point blank?

One-shotting chimera

https://youtu.be/PBJgjd6eksk
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info