[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

Start it today, close to mapping. Loving how it's slowly coming together with that rapid fire like attack speed.

I know what to make it further budget but I have a few questions.

1.will use a stygian belt after Kitava for res and find a nice rare amulet with ele dmg. Is a 5link rare better than a 6 link tabula? My damage is not too crazy for bosses, and I am swapping out ruthless for ancestral every boss atm.

2. With the skill tree since it's level 100 and realistically I'll take this to 90ish, is it best to just avoid some of the trio crit nodes like heartseeker/depth perception? When are you going phase/acro? I am assuming because of the ascendancy getting the 3 frenzy nodes which is 6 points all up is priority before filling out all crit/hp nodes?

#3 Do you really run whirling blades without faster casting now and reduce mana? I've never really like how staccato whirling blades feels plus you have to find a blue socket among evasion gear for dash and the crafting chrome bench can get costly.

#4 Where are you getting all your strength? I have every str node filled and a 20+ amulet but its only enough for lvl 16 protector. Also if you're using the recommended rings and the Panda amulet, where is the remaining INT coming from? Atm I have 1 point in +30 and even if I get the 3 +10s I will be way short.

That's about it, it seems the tree is very compact/efficient so I have to figure out what to leave behind.

If I am really enjoying it still by like 85 and it's fluid I'll invest in the amulet and getting room for frostbomb/flame dash.

Last edited by poeGT on Jul 1, 2019, 3:38:03 PM
"
AdyKloc wrote:
can you help me where to aim next with my currency ? should i buy a new claw ? is the change really that drastic in dps if i do so or should i upgrade let's say my ring or jewels ? where do i go next?

you have a very low healthpool.
I would try to get more life on your rare items.

And yes, the claw would be nice to exchange. It only has 300pdps, which is kinda low. A good claw would mean a lot more damage.

But you are in desperate need of life.

Don't panic.
"
poeGT wrote:
Start it today, close to mapping. Loving how it's slowly coming together with that rapid fire like attack speed.

I know what to make it further budget but I have a few questions.

1.will use a stygian belt after Kitava for res and find a nice rare amulet with ele dmg. Is a 5link rare better than a 6 link tabula? My damage is not too crazy for bosses, and I am swapping out ruthless for ancestral every boss atm.

2. With the skill tree since it's level 100 and realistically I'll take this to 90ish, is it best to just avoid some of the trio crit nodes like heartseeker/depth perception? When are you going phase/acro? I am assuming because of the ascendancy getting the 3 frenzy nodes which is 6 points all up is priority before filling out all crit/hp nodes?

#3 Do you really run whirling blades without faster casting now and reduce mana? I've never really like how staccato whirling blades feels plus you have to find a blue socket among evasion gear for dash and the crafting chrome bench can get costly.

#4 Where are you getting all your strength? I have every str node filled and a 20+ amulet but its only enough for lvl 16 protector. Also if you're using the recommended rings and the Panda amulet, where is the remaining INT coming from? Atm I have 1 point in +30 and even if I get the 3 +10s I will be way short.

That's about it, it seems the tree is very compact/efficient so I have to figure out what to leave behind.

If I am really enjoying it still by like 85 and it's fluid I'll invest in the amulet and getting room for frostbomb/flame dash.

Yes.
The boss damage is something that will grow eventually, but the lack of stats on a tabula rasa is really bad for us.

I actually just made a video about what to take and when to take it, when it comes to the passive tree.
It's 13 minutes long, but skip to whatever point you are at and you'll see the way I did it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2LrRZmQ9ag

Yes.
Whirling blades - reduced mana - fortify is all that is needed.
The thing is, we get so much attack speed from our frenzy charges, so when we are on 8 frenzy charges (which is pretty much all the time) any extra attack speed on whirling blades just makes it dangerous.
You whirl so fast, so you often "double-whirl" and end up back in the same spot you just left. You know that effect you get when you take an "echo"-shrine and try to flame-dash?
That's what happens.

The lethal pride Jewel I'm using gives me like 80+ strength.
If you have trouble reaching skillgem requirements, just use a lower level version of the skillgem, until you get more strength.

Don't panic.
Update:

2019-07-01:
- Added video walkthrough for the passive skill tree.

You can find it here:

Don't panic.
"
NordWway wrote:
Hi, can you pls add a skill tree for lvling?

I've recorded a video walkthrough today.

Don't panic.
"
Fiver wrote:

Yes.
The boss damage is something that will grow eventually, but the lack of stats on a tabula rasa is really bad for us.

I actually just made a video about what to take and when to take it, when it comes to the passive tree.
It's 13 minutes long, but skip to whatever point you are at and you'll see the way I did it.

Yes.
Whirling blades - reduced mana - fortify is all that is needed.
The thing is, we get so much attack speed from our frenzy charges, so when we are on 8 frenzy charges (which is pretty much all the time) any extra attack speed on whirling blades just makes it dangerous.
You whirl so fast, so you often "double-whirl" and end up back in the same spot you just left. You know that effect you get when you take an "echo"-shrine and try to flame-dash?
That's what happens.

The lethal pride Jewel I'm using gives me like 80+ strength.
If you have trouble reaching skillgem requirements, just use a lower level version of the skillgem, until you get more strength.

Thanks for the response. I went into phase/acro anyway since my dmg seems fine for low tier atm .I'll check out the video for sure! :)

Bought a 6l rare with some life/res for 25c, definitely beats a tabula.

I'll get a nice stygian, res isn't an issue atm even with none on the shield. Great point on whirling, that frees up another socket.

I am assuming you have remove curses on your diamond flask in the POB since you had to add multistrike due to a bug.

Do you swap ruthless with ancestral for red map bosses or when you're fully geared it's only worth it for elder etc?

I have a bunch of EX to play around with anyway, I am still enjoying the style into low maps. I got bored of my 94 cyclone but I love the crits and ancestrals synergy.
Last edited by poeGT on Jul 1, 2019, 4:52:27 PM
"
poeGT wrote:

Thanks for the response. I went into phase/acro anyway since my dmg seems fine for low tier atm .I'll check out the video for sure! :)

Bought a 6l rare with some life/res for 25c, definitely beats a tabula.

I'll get a nice stygian, res isn't an issue atm even with none on the shield. Great point on whirling, that frees up another socket.

I am assuming you have remove curses on your diamond flask in the POB since you had to add multistrike due to a bug.

Do you swap ruthless with ancestral for red map bosses or when you're fully geared it's only worth it for elder etc?

I have a bunch of EX to play around with anyway, I am still enjoying the style into low maps. I got bored of my 94 cyclone but I love the crits and ancestrals synergy.

I actually don't have curse removal. I use anti-freeze on the diamond flask.

I swap to ruthless against guardians/shaper/elder and sometimes on red bosses, but it really isn't needed on them.
I actually killed uber elder yesterday with ancestral call because I forgot to swap. I realised it afterwards, and my low damage suddenly made sense. ^^

But until you reach a very high dps, always swap AC for Ruthless on bosses.

Don't panic.
There's something I don't understand.

I'm playing with loreweave and my shield has something like 300 evasion, but even when I swap them in your path of building, you have 8210 evasion, and it tells me "evade chance : 83%". You have 343% inc evasion from tree. I have 8143 evasion, 307% from tree, and I'm only at 32% chance to evade. Mind telling me what's the problem?

My stats : https://i.imgur.com/GYlAeBU.png

Yours (without your shield or your chest armor) : https://imgur.com/a/KHIR3si

Here's my pastbin if you have time to check it. https://pastebin.com/0EpH59rr
.Even after searching for 1hour I still don't understand why the difference between evasion is so high.

Edit : My bad it's only because "Ennemies blinded" was check in the configuration.
Last edited by DokyDok on Jul 1, 2019, 7:39:05 PM
Is there any way to search lethal pride gems via their numbers? I can't find it on poe.trade. All the 15-25 chaos ones are probably all rubbish.

I spent around 3ex to get a proper feel. Doing low red maps atm, bosses are really slow if I don't swap to ruthless but trash is getting obliterated. You weren't wrong about having to be on your toes, I am 4.2khp with 2 HP nodes left, if you snooze for 1 sec it's all over.

I am enjoying it through, got to 84 on my first session will level it some more later today!

How expensive are the crafted claws? I was also thinking of putting culling strike on either the totem or whirling blades.

This is my gear atm:

Last edited by poeGT on Jul 2, 2019, 5:23:28 AM
"
poeGT wrote:
Is there any way to search lethal pride gems via their numbers? I can't find it on poe.trade. All the 15-25 chaos ones are probably all rubbish.

I spent around 3ex to get a proper feel. Doing low red maps atm, bosses are really slow if I don't swap to ruthless but trash is getting obliterated. You weren't wrong about having to be on your toes, I am 4.2khp with 2 HP nodes left, if you snooze for 1 sec it's all over.

I am enjoying it through, got to 84 on my first session will level it some more later today!

How expensive are the crafted claws? I was also thinking of putting culling strike on either the totem or whirling blades.

This is my gear atm:

Yes, you can search for specific numbers on the lethal pride jewels.

http://poe.trade/search/ooorihorakakit

There only seems to be one jewel with the exact seed that I have.
But the one I use probably isn't the best one. I bought mine for 30c and got lucky, so I think the only way to know for sure is to just buy one and try it on different spots in the passive tree.
Also, they can be divined. It changes the seed on them.

When possible, try to get a chest with 120+ flat life on it, and preferably 10% increased maximum life.
That's a big chunk of life on just one item. I get 554 life from my body armour alone.
If you were to use the body armour I have, for example, you would be at 4.8k life at lvl 90. But I bought mine for 30c and 6linked it myself. So there are far better ones than the one I have.
It's just about trying to find higher life on the rare gear you have at this point, to be honest. You will get some life for each level you gain as well.

Since I get more than 70 strength from my Lethal Pride jewel, that's another factor. All lethal pride jewels add strength to surrounding passives, no matter the seed.

Crafted claws can be expensive depending on your search parameters.
If you play around with them a bit, you can find decent hybrid claws that are pretty cheap.
Like these:
http://poe.trade/search/oramekakaworin

Or claws with other bonuses that allows for a lower PDPS while still being good. Like these:
http://poe.trade/search/iitamisadunini

Pure phys claws are more expensive however.
http://poe.trade/search/itumaritanakot

I prefer crafting my own. :p
It's not cheaper than buying one though, but you have more control over what you get.

Don't panic.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info