[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

"
TryKilleR wrote:
What do you think about using blast freeze modofier on cluster jewel? This modifier could prevent us from dying in f.e alva temple. I have already acquired farrul's fur therefore I won't need extra power charges from stormrider and cold conduction. The only reason to keep these setup is to make monsters get shocked but is it worth it? For something like 15% increased damage? It sounds like nothing. I think about a mix of blast-freeze,vengeful commander,blanketed snow and corrosive element. Corrosive element would let me stop using frost bomb. WB doesn't always crit and this requires time in order to proc -cold res. The second argument is that the exposure of the monster to that -res is limited to few second then we have to WB again and again. There is too many things to do during battle that takes our time f.e casting vaal haste, berserk, ancestral protector, vaal ancestral warchief that we can pay with our life.
Also I trouble crafting a good weapon for that build
(it isn't something extraordinary but the chances to get a T2-T1 physical roll on claws and then augment it with flat phys is very low. I used something like 1.000 alts and haven't seen even a T2 phys).
If anybody is willing to help me just check my newest character - WiezienPustki and tell what would be the best upgrade for me at this moment to spend money on.
I would appreciate that. Also changing weapon is going to be painful - resigning from instant leech that helped me in so many situations.
@edit
lol. With my items I was able to do hydra and double bosses on dark forest (t15) it took some time but .. worked

So, since we've started using Supreme Ego, Vengeful Commander is really good, and also pretty easy to get. I haven't updated the guide in a little while, and I plan on doing so very soon, since I'm working on a new version of the build.
Blast Freeze is also cool, since it adds a layer of safety like you say.
I actually recommended going Blast-Freeze already.:p
https://youtu.be/BdZ7Q265yA8?t=131

It is definitely worth keeping Cold Conduction though. 15% shock is HUGE.

In a new version of the build I will be going with a lot of extra cluster jewels.
After picking Supreme Ego, which makes our hatred a lot stronger, this also means that Vengeful Commander is stronger.
In the new version I am using 2x large jewels with Vengeful Commander + Blanketed Snow.
3x medium jewels with Vengeful Commander and Precise Commander.
1x medium jewel with Cold Conduction + Stormrider/Blast-Freeze
4x small jewels with life (preferably fettle).

The downside of Corrosive Elements, is that it applies less exposure than Frost Bomb. Corrosive Elements applies -10%, and Frost Bomb or Wave of Conviction both applies -25%. And versus most enemies, we don't really need the exposure. The only times it actually comes into play is versus bigger bosses, which tend to stay still a lot.
I agree that the 100% uptime is pretty huge though, but putting in the numbers, it doesn't beat the other options on cluster jewels anyway.

As for crafting, this league it should be easy using the Harvest crafting system. You can control the process fairly heavily. I've crafted several claws/foils/axes this league with insane DPS. If you want to see how I do it, stop by my stream. I will be diong it today.
That said, I know it's hard to get insane claws normally. But I don't expect people to have 500+ dps claws in any other league. Getting a 400+ dps is enough, and those are easier to get.

The instant leech on bloodseeker is great, but in higher tier maps, bloodseeker just loses so much damage compared to a decent crafted claw. And we still get a bunch of Life Gain on Hit from Imperial Claws, which weighs up for it a little. Leech is typically not a problem with this build even without Bloodseeker.

I see that jonojojo already helped you a lot with your character. If you want more help, just let me know. I can't do it right now, since I will start my stream in about an hour and I need to eat before that. But I will do it when I can.

Don't panic.
Starting up my stream now. Feel free to stop by if you need help with anything or want to hang out.

http://www.twitch.tv/holyfivr

Don't panic.

what should i improve now for and game
"
Fiver wrote:

So, since we've started using Supreme Ego, Vengeful Commander is really good, and also pretty easy to get. I haven't updated the guide in a little while, and I plan on doing so very soon, since I'm working on a new version of the build.

In a new version of the build I will be going with a lot of extra cluster jewels.
After picking Supreme Ego, which makes our hatred a lot stronger, this also means that Vengeful Commander is stronger.
In the new version I am using 2x large jewels with Vengeful Commander + Blanketed Snow.

This sounds expensive :D

Loving the build with just adding Supreme Ego though so looking forward to seeing what this new version looks like.
Will definitely give it a try if I can afford it, ty for keeping us updated Fiver!
"
Fencatffxi wrote:
"
Fiver wrote:

This sounds expensive :D

Loving the build with just adding Supreme Ego though so looking forward to seeing what this new version looks like.
Will definitely give it a try if I can afford it, ty for keeping us updated Fiver!

Well, not this league, the jewels are pretty easy to craft, except the Fettle ones. The fettle requires alt spam, but the others can be forced.

But yeah, in next league getting all the jewels will be hard. I will try to make a sort of stepping stone version.

Don't panic.
"
KaraFIRTINA wrote:

what should i improve now for and game

Well, first step should be the claw.

I can't have a look at your build right now, since I'm starting my stream now, but I'll have a look asap.

Don't panic.
-

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Aug 14, 2020, 1:15:47 PM
Thought I'd share something to keep this thread active :P

My current project, to get 600pdps claw. Managed to roll merciless + flaring and a T6 hybrid. The target is achievable if I manage to roll T1 atk speed, beastcraft quality, and benchcraft quality. Or should I randomise spam reforge chaos again hoping to get flaring + better hybrid roll? I have few hundreds of hellion seeds left.

So far I have rolled reforge phys about 60-80 times, getting about 4 good rolls (fractured merciless + decent hybrid or flat phy) but just couldnt get a better 3rd prefix mod. 5th time I actually hit a flaring on reforge, then augmented a T6 hybrid. Figured I should just stick with it (I dont have many currency left to test my luck). Now is the time to roll T1 attack speed, then hopefully T1 crit multi then finally benchcraft crit chance + quality.
"
jonojojo wrote:
Thought I'd share something to keep this thread active :P

My current project, to get 600pdps claw. Managed to roll merciless + flaring and a T6 hybrid. The target is achievable if I manage to roll T1 atk speed, beastcraft quality, and benchcraft quality. Or should I randomise spam reforge chaos again hoping to get flaring + better hybrid roll? I have few hundreds of hellion seeds left.

So far I have rolled reforge phys about 60-80 times, getting about 4 good rolls (fractured merciless + decent hybrid or flat phy) but just couldnt get a better 3rd prefix mod. 5th time I actually hit a flaring on reforge, then augmented a T6 hybrid. Figured I should just stick with it (I dont have many currency left to test my luck). Now is the time to roll T1 attack speed, then hopefully T1 crit multi then finally benchcraft crit chance + quality.

I mean, I would personally try to get a higher hybrid, but it depends on how much you actually need the claw. :p
I already have a claw that I don't really need to replace.

I recommend getting Jagged Fossils and spamming those when you are done with your hellions.

You can always finish the one you have now and get a new base to continue on. I have a merciless base that we could dupe if you want one. :p

Don't panic.
Alright, I'm firing up my stream now, so over the next couple of hours, that's where you will find me if you need help.

You are of course welcome to just stop by and say hi as well! :p

http://www.twitch.tv/holyfivr

Don't panic.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info