[3.1] Self-Bleed Flicker Inquisitor - 1M Shaper DPS - Start Under 1EX - Poe.trade Links Included

OVERVIEW

Using a Bleed-on-Hit Crit Elemental Gemini Claw + Golden Rule + Red Trail, you can self-inflict a tiny bleed on yourself (about 150 DPS) to get frenzy charges on hit. This allows you to Flicker vs bosses. We get enough life regen to not feel the bleed, even when moving.

Arctic armour + Red trail gives you ~23% phys damage reduction. Fortify gives another 20%, and my redblade helm is another ~8%. So I have about 50% phys damage reduction from hits while flickering, without even considering armour.

Not having to use Oro's or Terminus (which are both 2-hand weapons) give you a lot of flexibility in weapon/shield choices. Using an ele one-hand weapon allows us to really take advantage of abyss jewels.

We are inquisitor, so we ignore enemy resists when we crit. This is nice since bosses have high resists, maps can have increased monster resists mods, and getting penetration is usually a lot of investment, especially if we are not focused on one element.

I am in standard. If I had nice Abyss gear (Tombfist, Lightpoacher, and nice Abyss jewels), I'd be doing a lot more damage.

GAMEPLAY VIDEO

Minotaur Map: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15t4Ngd3TWI

TOOLTIP @MAX DPS

LV90 PASSIVE TREE, PATH OF BUILDING, BANDITS, ASCENDENCY

Spoiler

Take Life, ele damage, ele damage with attacks, melee damage, attack speed, crit chance, crit multi, life regen, and jewel sockets. We dont need elemental penetration as we are inquisitor. Any sort of physical damage will not increase your DPS. Try not to take too much global physical damage or ailment damage as you will bleed more damage.

Going through Marauder and Duelist area seems like a lot of travel, but you get access to a lot of life, life regen, and jewel sockets. If you level past 90, just get jewel sockets or Scion life wheel.

PASSIVE TREE:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAHcApYEswW1C2EMUhEvFCAVIBX9Fr8ZtBo4I_Yk_SaVJy8qCysKLOktgzB8Mok2PTfUOtg8LT0-Ps9HfkqYTZJQR1FHVUtVhV3yXz9h4mKsZU1mVGebaPJsCGyMbztvV3BScql343fleBl4-XlofXV-3X8rgpuDX4TZhXuGs4nTi4yMNo19jYGNuY2_kFWSbpJ9lFyYb5x7naqiAKOKpcuoualurj6vbLTFvFa9Nr3mvqfAGsBmwQTBoMLsxPbGrsxm0nzTftvn3CPhc-RR5c_nVOtj7DjtIO0_7WHuDu8O73rwH_GK9qP3Mvnd_W7-uv_e?accountName=Hollyphantom&characterName=OldHotaka

PATH OF BUILDING PASTEBIN:
https://pastebin.com/RyFmfufE

BANDITS:
I took 2 Passives because that means 1 more jewel socket. Alira is another option.

ASCENDENCY:
Inquisitor!
Take nodes in this order: Righteous Providence, Inevitable Judgement, Augury of Penitence, and Instrument of Virtue

WEAPON
Spoiler

Get a Gemini claw with 20%+ attack speed and 25%+ crit, with at least one high added elemental damage. Make sure it has an open prefix, and it isn't qualified. (Quality increases phys damage, making you bleed more damage. Mine has quality, unfortunately.) Then, craft 25% bleed chance (prefix) with a LV7 Vagan bench (costs 2 divine orbs).

Flicker has high mana cost. Gemini claw allows you to always gain back all the mana you used immediately. You can run no life/mana regen, no life/mana leech maps with this setup. (If you don't have lycosidae, it is possible to miss a few times and run out of mana.)

Using a foil is possible, but I'd rather not lose the mana gained on hit.

Poe.trade Links (Abyss Softcore):

Gemini Claw (Recommended):
Just make sure the claw has an open prefix.
http://poe.trade/search/nonaririkiyama

These other weapons can work too. If you go with a sword, you'll need sword passive nodes and jewels:
http://poe.trade/search/naoharaasokomo

Dragoon Sword is another option if you don't want to spend 2 divines on crafting bleed chance:
http://poe.trade/search/rikuteobetobah

ARMOUR
Spoiler

You need red trail, but other armour pieces are flexible. Get as much life and resists as you can. Elder chest with crit is nice. Attack speed on gloves is nice. Spiked gloves or tombfist gloves are ideal. If you use a high level Wrath aura, you will need Int somewhere on your gear (only about 20 Int).

MAKE SURE YOU DON'T HAVE ANY ADDED PHYS DAMAGE ON GLOVES!! You will bleed more damage.

If you don't have budget for Lycosidae, get a rare shield (I'd go with crusader buckler for movement) with life, resists, and accuracy. You will also need 250+ accuracy on at least 2 other pieces of gear (gloves/helm/rings/amulet).

Red Trail (Essential):
http://poe.trade/search/kuregunonuriba

Elder Crit chest:
http://poe.trade/search/onikimonutatam

Lycosidae Shield (Expensive):
http://poe.trade/search/hinakiitadouno

Rare Shield (Cheap):
http://poe.trade/search/sitazyukakimek

ACCESSORIES
Spoiler

Marble amulet is a nice option for regen. If not, get an amulet with Int in the implicit. (If you are struggling with Int, use Anger instead of Wrath aura). Get life and 30+ crit multi on the amulet. Elemental damage, crit chance, and added ele damage are a nice bonus.

Assassin's mark on hit ring is nice. Otherwise, get life and resists on rings. Elemental damage and added ele damage are a nice bonus. Diamond rings or opal rings are ideal.

MAKE SURE YOU DON'T HAVE ANY ADDED PHYS DAMAGE ON RINGS/AMULET!! You will bleed more damage.

Get life, resists, elemental damage on belt. I don't have a stygian vise currently, as this character is in standard. Stygian vise is a much better option. Darkness Enthroned is a great option too. Abyss jewels are OP for this build.

Poe.trade links (Abyss Softcore):

Marble Amulet (Not Essential):
http://poe.trade/search/moonasukakitey

Assassin's Mark Ring (Not Essential):
http://poe.trade/search/sihidatahanisi

FLASKS
Spoiler

Only Life and Diamond flasks are essential. Need unbleed, unfreeze, uncurse flasks. The life flask should be Divine and must be instant and have unbleed. You need an unbleed flask for when you take strong bleeds or corrupted blood. The unbleed flask has to be instant because you need to be able to re-bleed yourself quickly. Self-inflicting bleed again is really easy, so unbleeding yourself is not an issue.

Poe.trade links (Abyss Softcore):

Instant Unbleed Life Flask (Essential):
http://poe.trade/search/hagutahehutahe

JEWELS
Spoiler

Golden rule is obviously necessary. Abyss jewels with added ele damage and life are essential. I am in standard, so my abyss jewels are not that great. Regular jewels with 2 or 3 Crit multi stats are great too. (Mine need more crit multi.) Just make sure you don't get any added phys damage, global phys damage, or bleed damage. They will all make you bleed more damage.

Golden Rule (Essential):
http://poe.trade/search/usakitehimehau

Good Abyss Jewels:
http://poe.trade/search/taniisonarimih

Good Regular Jewels:
http://poe.trade/search/kiobuatakoakon

GEM LINKS
Spoiler

MAIN ATTACK (In the order of priority):
Flicker - Multistrike - Melee Splash - Elem damage with attacks - Immolate - Added Cold
-- Swap Melee Slash with Ruthless for maximum single target DPS.
-- If you have many Abyss jewels with high added ele damage, swapping Added Cold and Immolate with increased Crit Damage and/or Elemental Focus may increase DPS.

AURAS, GOLEM:
Wrath - Arctic Armour - Stone Golem - Englighten
-- Herald of ice instead of Arctic Armour for better clear speed
-- Anger instead of Wrath if you lack Intelligence
-- You can use other golems but Stone Golem dies the least often.

MOVEMENT:
Shield Charge - Faster Attacks - Fortify - Blood Magic
-- You can use Whirling blades if you prefer

OTHER:
Cast when damage taken - Immortal call - Increased Duration
Blood rage - Vaal Haste - Increased duration
Ancestral protector - Ele damage with attacks - Immolate - Elemental focus

PANTHEON
Spoiler

Soul of Arakaali for 50% increased Life recovery rate whenever cast when damage taken - immortal call is triggered.

Soul of Ralekesh so you take less damage from bleed and blood rage while moving. Although it gives you a chance to avoid bleed, it's still easy to self-inflict bleed.

Soul of Tukohama is another good option as well.

PLAY STYLE
Spoiler

UPON ENTERING MAP:
Get your golem up, turn on blood rage. Shield charge into enemies for fortify, and Flicker away. Make sure to use flasks and vaal haste often.

VS BOSSES:
Use in this order: Blood rage/golem (should be already on), totem, vaal haste, shield charge (fortify), flasks, then flicker. Vaal haste/golem/blood rage will activate 50% increased attack damage from Instrument of Virtue for 4 seconds.

All buffs will be up for only 4 seconds. The advertised 1 Million DPS is realistic. The only difficulty is to have power charges vs bosses, as you need to kill enemies to have power charges from assassin's mark. You can use off-hand Jaws of Agony if you really want to make sure you have those charges.

MAP MODS TO AVOID
Spoiler

Cannot do Elemental reflect

No life/mana regen sucks because you cannot out-regen the bleed/blood rage, but still easily doable. Consider turning off blood rage.

If you are going against Guardians, avoid "Enemies have 65% chance to avoid bleed"

No life/mana leech also sucks but doable because Gemini claw

POSSIBLE ALTERNATIVE SETUPS?
Spoiler

1. No lycosidae: Get accuracy on shield/rings/amulet/helm/gloves until tooltip hit chance is at least 90%.

2. Using Tombfist/lightpoacher: This is a good option as abyss jewels are really nice for the build. If you need gem slots, just make your totem a 1 link and/or remove enlighten.

3. Shroud of the Lightless Chest is not a good option as we don't need ele penetration.

4. Abyssus helm: Terrible idea. You will bleed yourself to death with the added phys to attacks plus increased phys damage taken.

5. Phys to ele 90% conversion build: Doable, but that's a completely different build. It doesn't seem to work as well because you take too much bleed damage.

6. Other ascendencies: Doable, but that's also a completely different build. If you aren't Inquisitor, you have to invest in elemental penetration.

7. Duel-wield: Although you can attack faster and do more damage, it isnt worth it IMHO. Flicker will attack with both weapons, so you cannot have a stat-stick. There's no great duel-wield nodes on the tree. Lycosidae/rare shield is nicer. I also like using shield charge

LEVELING TIPS
Spoiler

Don't take any of the crit nodes initially. Rely on Abyss jewels. Take all the nodes near Templar first, then marauder, ranger, and shadow. Level with any melee weapon and melee skill. If you have a physical weapon, use a elemental melee skill so most of your phys gets converted to elemental, which can be scaled with many of the elemental passive nodes. Frostblades is a good option.

When you decide to go crit (Probably around LV60), take all the crit nodes (at least the ones around Disemboweling), get a diamond flask, and use a Crit Strikes support gem. You have to get to LV68 to use the Red Trail boots, and LV72 to use the Gemini claw. You could use Flicker Strike purely on bloodrage if you can do enough DPS at early levels. Complete normal and cruel labs to take Righteous Providence and Inevitable Judgement ascendency nodes before going crit.

Last edited by Hollyphantom on Jan 31, 2018, 4:21:30 PM
Last bumped on Mar 26, 2018, 6:40:54 PM
Thanks!I was searching flicker build to my Inquisitor, gonna try this to endgame
"
edu1991 wrote:
Thanks!I was searching flicker build to my Inquisitor, gonna try this to endgame

Cool, it's my favorite out of all flicker builds I've tried.
Hello there
Did my first Flicker in the Mayhem race end of Harbinger, and Looooved it
Will try this one for sure, as my current setup (quad totem frostbolt), even can do map fast, tend to struggle on bosses
Dropped this below, can be used instead of Gemini Claw ?

Thinking of 5-L the Flicker in this weapon
Thanks
"
Pimousse wrote:
Hello there
Did my first Flicker in the Mayhem race end of Harbinger, and Looooved it
Will try this one for sure, as my current setup (quad totem frostbolt), even can do map fast, tend to struggle on bosses
Dropped this below, can be used instead of Gemini Claw ?

Thinking of 5-L the Flicker in this weapon
Thanks

Hi. Thanks for the message, but please don't use that weapon... Elder weapons are exciting but that one just does not fit the build at all.

Things that are wrong with that weapon:

1. It's a mace. It's hard to make crit builds with maces. It's also hard to make elemental builds with maces.
2. It's a physical weapon. That means you will likely bleed yourself to death unless you change the build drastically.
3. You don't need a chance to bleed link on your flicker, so its more like a 4 link.

If you follow the guide, you won't struggle with most bosses :)
Last edited by Hollyphantom on Jan 24, 2018, 11:15:39 AM
Thanks for fast answer, was just wondering because the bleed chance on it
I start to understand some mechanics in this game, but so many like this details (phys dmg will kill me on this one) are still hard to catch :)
I'll let you know how I progess
Last edited by Pimousse on Jan 24, 2018, 3:11:14 PM
10% more DPS than my current bloodseeker setup which also has 6k HP (also with arctic armor)

If I swap out into your claw I can do 25% more DPS than this build, while level 90, with 6k hp.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While running melee splash you are having mana issues, even without vaal haste up. (this explains the small 'stutters' you likely see while playing between attacks. Righteous Decree is the most cost efficient way to fix this but it may not even be enough).

Why are you not running elemental focus? The only reason I can think of not to run it is if you are running yoke, and even then it is not worth it especially since you have no chance to poison.

Vessel of Vinktar is an easy, and relatively cheap (~1-1.5ex) upgrade you can get, likely replacing your onslaught flask.

Why not use Darkness Enthroned + two more abyss jewels?
Last edited by BigNoseMafia on Jan 24, 2018, 4:56:13 PM
"
BigNoseMafia wrote:
10% more DPS than my current bloodseeker setup which also has 6k HP (also with arctic armor)

If I swap out into your claw I can do 25% more DPS than this build, while level 90, with 6k hp.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While running melee splash you are having mana issues, even without vaal haste up. (this explains the small 'stutters' you likely see while playing between attacks. Righteous Decree is the most cost efficient way to fix this but it may not even be enough).

Why are you not running elemental focus? The only reason I can think of not to run it is if you are running yoke, and even then it is not worth it especially since you have no chance to poison.

Vessel of Vinktar is an easy, and relatively cheap (~1-1.5ex) upgrade you can get, likely replacing your onslaught flask.

I'm definitely not having mana issues. I'm not sure which stutters you are talking about. Maybe it is because Flicker just didnt detect the far enemies, or they were behind an object.

Yes, I need a darkness enthroned, but I'm in standard. They are 1ex here, and so is every abyss jewel lol. I'll get them soon though.

Vinktar is an option, but I will need another flask to unshock myself. It scales bleed damage too.

Ele focus is definitely more damage, but I like to shatter things. It's safer, especially vs porcupines.

Bloodseeker is a phys claw. Are you doing 90% conversion??
Last edited by Hollyphantom on Jan 24, 2018, 5:27:40 PM
"
Pimousse wrote:
Thanks for fast answer, was just wondering because the bleed chance on it
I start to understand some mechanics in this game, but so many like this details (phys dmg will kill me on this one) are still hard to catch :)
I'll let you know how I progess

Yea good luck! I added poe.trade links to the guide. Look at the weapons section
"
Hollyphantom wrote:
"
BigNoseMafia wrote:

I'm definitely not having mana issues. I'm not sure which stutters you are talking about. Maybe it is because Flicker just didnt detect the far enemies, or they were behind an object.

Yes, I need a darkness enthroned, but I'm in standard. They are 1ex here, and so is every abyss jewel lol. I'll get them soon though.

Vinktar is an option, but I will need another flask to unshock myself. It scales bleed damage too.

Ele focus is definitely more damage, but I like to shatter things. It's safer, especially vs porcupines.

Bloodseeker is a phys claw. Are you doing 90% conversion??

ahh RIP, didn't realize std prices were so out of whack, it's 1c on Abyss.

80% conversion with watcher's eye + the cold conversion nodes. Flasks I've found to be the best are:

1) Life + staunching
2) vinktar's
3) atziri's
4) crit + Freeze
5) onslaught + anti curse. Only run anti shock on case by case basis.

Nevermind regarding the mana, did not account for the implicit on your claw.

Looking at it closer your abyss jewels are low rolled, dunno how much std prices deviate from abyss but on abyss you can get much better ones for ~30c a pop.

Overall nice build and pretty much the same thing I've been running. Major difference being I go through the middle of the tree, pick up more jewel nodes before hitting the shadow/ranger areas, but this is likely due to abyss jewel price.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info