[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
Kmeleon2 wrote:
Spoiler
First off thanks to both the OP for this great build and guide and also to Fluffy in-game for helping me with some gearing questions.

I've recently gotten my first 6-link and a decent belt and pushed my dps to around 92k on CA. Still in yellow maps because I'm a casual player and slow to progress, but I just found my first exalt of the league.

Any suggestions on what to upgrade next?

Thanks much!

There's not too much to upgrade in gear itself, it's OK on pretty much every piece. However...

Upgrade flasks. Properly craft the affixes or just buy the recommended combinations (or your own, but get those instant life flasks)

Second, craft 55-64 life on that quiver. It's a bit painful to watch a good quiver like that (life on kill is super good) with so low hp :(

Next up are rings. While they're good overall, increased mana regen makes it impossible to use Div Distillate. You should be able to efficiently use the flask after you replace them. I often use Clarity in more mana intensive encounters to not run out.

The last, +3 bow. I assume it's a porcupine bow (ilvl 50), so you'll have to craft with Catarina method after removing crafted mod (Tora 7) and annuling a single suffix. If it's ilvl 64 or above, you can use fossils (unreliable but cheap) or Catarina method (2ex).

After that you should be fine overall. You can follow "End Game Mapping / Onslaught path" after that and overall just keep upgrading your rare gear.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Sep 21, 2018, 7:09:44 PM
Is this a good build for Delve softcore league? (in terms of potential dmg and clear speed)
I have been following it and almost completed the leveling process.

Edit: nevermind, I'm going to give this build my best
Last edited by black_dota on Sep 22, 2018, 4:58:42 PM
Today i've crossed magical barrier of 300 depth in my mine. Experience is almost the same as at 200 depth with small differences:

Rare monsters can hit really hard. Most of the time they can't even hit me like every other monster. When they finally manage to land a blow, i get chunked really hard, ~50-70% of my 6,9k life pool without any mod on delve itself (without Kintsugi reduced damage most likely). I took prelimiary action by investing into endurance charge generation and Crab aspect that i have yet to use. Should fix most of the scary situations.

There's also way, way more mods on biomes. 12% monster elemental penetration? Really damn scary. Bloodlines are spooky as hell too, watch out for those obelisks/bearers. Overall, i try to path around any double damage mod combo because of the rares mentioned above.

When it comes to city biomes, Vaal outposts are scary because of the constructs and charging ele hit soldiers. You can avoid majority of the damage easily. Abyssal cities are the easiest, just watch your step as you do during normal abyss encounter. Primeval ruins are... ridiculously tanky. I didn't encounter too many problem defensive-wise but those rares just don't want to die.

While the build is still going strong, now it's all about preventing the fatal RNG that might end up one-shotting you.

Compared to dangers inside the mines, mapping is a joke. I chain shaped T13-T16s depending on my map pool, never really experiencing drop below 50% hp (except maybe tanking a single spell from a boss).

I personally really like Delve league for a very simple reason - it's challenging. Being constantly under pressure of mechanics that can easily end your life make it feel like a game, not a loot simulator.

I'll try to record a video from ~300 depth run tomorrow. I also have a T16 Uluman lich video that i've forgot to share before.
Cool, that's what I'm looking for, a build that is high HP, can sustain in mine so I can farm darkness.

I misjudged this build when I looked at others.

This is the best one out there.
September 24th, 2018
Videos:
* Added 3 new videos:
#1 - T16 Uluman lich
#2 - 300 depth Delve run
#3 - 300 depth Abyssal City run

=====================

The Abyssal City run really shows how ridiculous avoidance is at full build. Let's throw 42% physical reduction on top of it...

I might make new Delve only section with options to help you survive encounters deep inside the mine. I think i'm also ready to try make a fossil crafting guide, we'll see.

"
black_dota wrote:
Cool, that's what I'm looking for, a build that is high HP, can sustain in mine so I can farm darkness.

I misjudged this build when I looked at others.

This is the best one out there.

Why thank you, i tried my best when making this guide.
Last edited by DankawSL on Sep 23, 2018, 8:29:19 PM
Is there a specific reason your gems are not level 20? (when i look at the Equipment spoiler)

EDIT: It says Purity of Ice and is colored in blue, but the gem is green.
Last edited by black_dota on Sep 23, 2018, 11:53:36 PM
can you check my build if there is anything else I should do?

"
theworldowner wrote:

missing my
"
black_dota wrote:
Is there a specific reason your gems are not level 20? (when i look at the Equipment spoiler)

They were at that level when i linked my gear. They're all level 20 for some time now.

PoI color is a mistake, will fix when i'll make delve section with all possible setups.

"
theworldowner wrote:
Spoiler

Flasks. You're still running a lvl 30 flask and your quicksilver has freeze immunity while you're immune to all elemental ailments pretty much all the time. Upgrade them to recommended setup, for real

Your gear is good overall, no real reason to change anything except right ring you didn't show. The only useful thing there is implicit, 30% mana regen might be giving you troubles with Div Distillate upkeep.

Your passive tree still has ranger's starting projectile nodes... at level 86. You should probably get rid of them for defence and QoL.

Curse on Hit setup is missing. Vaal Grace is also missing. 6-link Toxic Rain is your choice that i won't be judging. I do belive you have mana issues (a reason for mana flask) because of it. You don't level additional CA gems at all. If you're going the route of buying your lvl 21, then at least you should get that lvl 20 gem for 1c.

After that, just follow End Game Mapping section in progression section. Also get +1 arrow quiver if possible (+1 pierce base).

"
DankawSL wrote:
"
black_dota wrote:

They were at that level when i linked my gear. They're all level 20 for some time now.

PoI color is a mistake, will fix when i'll make delve section with all possible setups.

"
theworldowner wrote:
Spoiler

Flasks. You're still running a lvl 30 flask and your quicksilver has freeze immunity while you're immune to all elemental ailments pretty much all the time. Upgrade them to recommended setup, for real

Your gear is good overall, no real reason to change anything except right ring you didn't show. The only useful thing there is implicit, 30% mana regen might be giving you troubles with Div Distillate upkeep.

Your passive tree still has ranger's starting projectile nodes... at level 86. You should probably get rid of them for defence and QoL.

Curse on Hit setup is missing. Vaal Grace is also missing. 6-link Toxic Rain is your choice that i won't be judging. I do belive you have mana issues (a reason for mana flask) because of it. You don't level additional CA gems at all. If you're going the route of buying your lvl 21, then at least you should get that lvl 20 gem for 1c.

After that, just follow End Game Mapping section in progression section. Also get +1 arrow quiver if possible (+1 pierce base).

Thank you so much. I will check that, this is the reason I think I'm so weak sometimes.

My rings are the below

Are them ok?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info