[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Changelog
September 13th, 2018
Spoiler
Gem Setups:
* Aspect of the Crab returns - Delve's bestiary rooms will start dropping rare items with aspects on them next patch (as was intended). It's comeback time!

Levelling Section:
* Added Toxic Rain levelling
* Minor change in lvl 71 respec tree, now picks up Bravery instead of Master Fletcher (2 points both)

Tooltips:
* Updated to match current build (last time updated in 3.1)

A warning to the people who use Neversink's filter:
Next patch will fix delve's bestiary rooms. They will now spawn a chest with rare item that has bestiary aspect on it. Now here's the problem, Neversink's does NOT have rule to highlight/show items with these affixes. From what i gathered, "semi-strict" and stricter versions don't show all rares, only good bases / jewellery. If it hits wrong base, you might potentially lose very good item. Be sure to add a new rule to the filter. (or update filter if Neversink releases new update)

Quick rule example, you can copy&paste it to [[0100]] OVERRIDE AREA 1:
Spoiler
Show
Identified True
Rarity Rare
HasExplicitMod "of Farrul" "of Fenumus" "of Saqawal" "of Craiceann"
SetFontSize 45
SetTextColor 0 240 190 240 # TEXTCOLOR: Special
SetBorderColor 0 240 190 240 # BORDERCOLOR: Special Base
PlayAlertSound 3 300 # DROPSOUND: Unique
MinimapIcon 2 Blue Diamond
PlayEffect Blue

"
Void_xy wrote:
Hey,
Thanks for the guide.
I came to find a witchbrew flask. So I don't need to apply despair via Frenzy.
I thought about using Frenzy with withering touch. Does that make Sense? I really dont like the totem :(

Witchfire brew is good for mapping (and probably strong option for delves later on), but i dislike relying on it against bosses. You can run out of their range and it's also weaker than Curse on Hit setup (no quality / 10% curse effectiveness). I also prefer my current flask setup, for safety.

Nope, Frenzy won't be good for Wither. You would get ~1 stack per second up to max 5 maybe. You have to use Withering Rain optional setup if you dislike totem. Eventually you can use Barrage instead of Toxic Rain, but the effect should be around the same.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Quick question: Does +3 socketed BOW Gems method with fossils work with every bow base? (Also any i-Level?)
Last edited by bugverwirrt on Sep 13, 2018, 12:03:47 PM
"
bugverwirrt wrote:
Quick question: Does +3 socketed BOW Gems method with fossils work with every bow base? (Also any i-Level?)

http://poeaffix.net/2h-bow.html#/

To get +2 to socketed Bow gems, the bow has to be at least level 64.
To get +1 to any gem, the bow has to be at least level 50.

From what I can see, the type of bow does not matter, just its ilvl.

I have a question myself to the thread - I currently have level 87, a +3 bow, a 6-socket Kintsugi, 6K life, about 62 % base level chance to dodge, and enough resistance and attributes. I don't have "Chance to get frenzy charges on kill" on any gear or jewel, and I have switched to the Onslaught path.

I also have 2 exalted orbs at the moment.

SO: Should I save up or is there something I should prioritize buying? A good Watcher's Eye or a decent helmet with CA enchant?
Last edited by Kastanj on Sep 13, 2018, 3:07:23 PM
"
bugverwirrt wrote:

Only item level matters, same requirement as typical +3 bow crafting - ilvl 64.

Unlike essences that spawn a particular mod regardless of item level, fossils only increase/decrease chances of hitting particular type of affixes (and also add new affixes).

"
Kastanj wrote:
I have a question myself to the thread - I currently have level 87, a +3 bow, a 6-socket Kintsugi, 6K life, about 62 % base level chance to dodge, and enough resistance and attributes. I don't have "Chance to get frenzy charges on kill" on any gear or jewel, and I have switched to the Onslaught path.

I also have 2 exalted orbs at the moment.

SO: Should I save up or is there something I should prioritize buying? A good Watcher's Eye or a decent helmet with CA enchant?

There's 2 priority upgrades that are extremely cheap:

Upgrade your flasks. I don't know why, but people on softcore (including myself if i play SC, super rarely) completely ignore flasks until high levels. Get that jade flask and curse immunity, instant HP flasks and quality them all. Seriously, it's worth it. Divination Distillate is optional since it's almost impossible to keep it up without 6-linked bow.

Second upgrade that's also cheap, frenzy on kill gloves. I could find few cheap ones with 9-10% chance and potentially better than your current gloves. You would need to craft 55-64 on them tho. (trade search i've used)

Afterwards, you can look into one of three options
1 - Get 6-link bow and craft +2 or +3 on it. Higher attack speed base if possible (ewwww 1.2 base)
2 - +1 arrow quiver.
3 - Upgrade your gear in general. I really dislike that belt + bubonic trails tbh, but it might be good option for damage i guess.

I can't really tell you which one you need since i don't know DSC prices currently. I noticed you already have evade chance watcher's eye, would be awesome if you could divine it tho.

Last edited by DankawSL on Sep 13, 2018, 5:29:06 PM
Bubo boots and belt is so I can boost my life, damage and resists at the same time without getting all of it as mods on my regular gear. I definitely plan to switch away from it at some point when I build up more chaoseseses.

Thanks for all the advice!
Just crafted this bow for the build
what links do you think I should have since Vicious 18 is on the bow?
"
darqnyght wrote:
Just crafted this bow for the build
what links do you think I should have since Vicious 18 is on the bow?

God damn dude, you've actually succeeded at creating 7-link +3 bow. My attempt weren't THAT lucky, but lucky nonetheless. Crafted this beauty yesterday.

I provide 6 support gems you can use with CA (or 7 with GMP). The only one you don't have yet is Empower lvl 3/4. GGGRRB colors, if you want to use GMP then swap with Swift Affliction instead.

I heavily recommend crafting Attack Speed on the bow, the base isn't the best.
just got perfect first try
double post
Last edited by darqnyght on Sep 14, 2018, 1:56:41 PM
Changelog
September 15th, 2018
Equipment:
* Updated my current gear with exception of bow and jewels (bow is unrealistic for average player).

Videos:
* Slightly reorganized videos, divided into 3.4 and 3.1-3.3 version until i finish recording everything.
* Added 2 new 3.4 videos - T13 Elder and Shaper kill.
===========================================================

Yesterday i crafted my 7-link +2 bow and spawned red Elder. Today i've took advantage of 60k -> 150k damage increase and killed him, collected all memory fragments, killed Shaper guardians and Shaper himself. A little stressful day with tons of money spend purely on getting the Elder Orb. Now i'm ready to farm some of my favorite maps.

Tomorrow i'll reach depth 200 in my mines, i'll record a video of me doing a short 1k sulphite run. It's safe if you don't stand on unstable weta's corpses that i've learned to avoid. The cold degen starts to hurt like hell tho. I'll definitely get Purity of Ice soon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info