[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

New patch fixed my crash issues, had none in past hour or so. Not gonna lie it was TERRIBLY annoying to play and crash nearly every map.

"
KodiakX wrote:
Spoiler
Yea for sure, the build will carry you through a lot of things. I've eaten so many die beams in Sirus fights.

Maven was difficult because of the single target damage issues. My first attempts (back at 1.5m) I was getting up to 3 "glob orbs" from her and even if 1 degen area got put in the middle it was extremely difficult. The bosses phase aren't bad depending on who you get, I got a Shav Brutus who 1 shot leaped me. Unlucky. Teleporting bosses seems to be GGG's new favorite boss mechanic and is very annoying with Wither totems.

I basically had to collapse the top part of my tree (Atrophy) and invest into a second Cluster Jewel setup down bottom to really push my DPS high enough and when I got her down I was sitting at 3.2m Sirus and 5.8k HP total. This let me push enough DPS that I was getting the "glob orbs" down to 1-2 sets instead.

I have yet to see what Maven even does other than a memory game. I'll be there soon enough and go in blind.

Teleporting bosses aren't bad, you can predict where they'll land and quickly resummon totems when needed. The problem are bosses who chase you very fast, meaning they'll leave Wither Totems area very fast. Only way to deal with this is to tank them. Think of Ancient City boss (leap slamming blackguard). Besides you should have roughly 2 seconds to resummon totems in order to not lose any Wither stacks, it's really not that bad.

"
Kewrdy wrote:
What is your opinion on aspect of the crab vs aspect of the spider? At the moment I don't have the feeling I need the phys reduction of the crab because of the high evasion/dodge chance and would prefer the damage boost of spider.

I think my stance is quite clear, i don't feel Spider (~7% damage increase on bosses) is worth giving up 20% phys damage reduction from Crab. Damage mitigation (or EHP in general) is the only thing evasion characters really lack defensively. If you think differently you're free to use Spider instead.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides

Is this worth 6 linking or should i try for a better bow?
I would not 6link that, since crafting a +3 its super easy using fossils.
Buy a 6l bow ilvl64+ so you can roll +2 bow gems.

Using the 3 socket Resonator add Corroded, Metallic and Prismatic. Within less than 5 tries you should have a +3 bow and a suffix for Chaos dot craft.

If you have money, i think crafting a +1 + dot goes better.
1: Get a ilvl 82+ bow.
2: Alt Spam untill t1 Dot sufix (31-35%)
3: Regal a prefix and remove it with annuls or harvest.
4: With Dot in the rare bow, fill the sufixes with a harvest craft + cannot roll attack mods.
5: With Dot + removable suf + Cannot Roll attack. Leo Slam, Harvest slam attack and you should have the +1 gems 100%.
6: With the bow +1 gem, 31-35% dot, clean it up and multimod +2 support + 40% chaos dot.

This bow will make Empower level 7 and 2 multi dot mods, huge damage boost.
This world is an illusion, exile!
Totems for life!
Last edited by Mawwk on Feb 3, 2021, 9:36:27 AM
Hi, ssf player here

How would we handle not being able to easily 6link. Does the build still suffice or is it going to start to struggle somewhere/not work. Doing th +3 gems crafting is easy I have the currency for that, just don't hae 1500 fusings.

cheers
"
Mlsht wrote:
How would we handle not being able to easily 6link.

Drops in any desert-like area.
Is this a pure HC guide or is there a SC variant if you dont care as much about defense ?
Has anyone messed around with best thread of hope trees? I’m guessing there’s an improvement to be made, but maybe it gets too hard to provide general guidance (considering someone can have gg jewels or not, and might be using cluster jewels at that point). I might play around in POB this afternoon.
"
Lildenjin wrote:
Spoiler

Is this worth 6 linking or should i try for a better bow?

Currently there's almost no case where 6-linking bow for CA is worth it. Not as long as Imperial Legacy exists. Only case where it would be worth so unrealistic it's not worth mentioning.

"
Mawwk wrote:
Spoiler
I would not 6link that, since crafting a +3 its super easy using fossils.
Buy a 6l bow ilvl64+ so you can roll +2 bow gems.

Using the 3 socket Resonator add Corroded, Metallic and Prismatic. Within less than 5 tries you should have a +3 bow and a suffix for Chaos dot craft.

If you have money, i think crafting a +1 + dot goes better.
1: Get a ilvl 82+ bow.
2: Alt Spam untill t1 Dot sufix (31-35%)
3: Regal a prefix and remove it with annuls or harvest.
4: With Dot in the rare bow, fill the sufixes with a harvest craft + cannot roll attack mods.
5: With Dot + removable suf + Cannot Roll attack. Leo Slam, Harvest slam attack and you should have the +1 gems 100%.
6: With the bow +1 gem, 31-35% dot, clean it up and multimod +2 support + 40% chaos dot.

This bow will make Empower level 7 and 2 multi dot mods, huge damage boost.

But i already give precise way to craft end game bows like this (which cost a lot of money compared to normal +3). It's not updated to include harvest but still very much usable.

"
Mlsht wrote:
Spoiler
Hi, ssf player here

How would we handle not being able to easily 6link. Does the build still suffice or is it going to start to struggle somewhere/not work. Doing th +3 gems crafting is easy I have the currency for that, just don't hae 1500 fusings.

cheers

Imperial Legacy exists and can be farmed in like 2-6 hours depending on luck. Drops in Desert, Dunes and Desert Spring maps.

"
Bijuboi wrote:
Is this a pure HC guide or is there a SC variant if you dont care as much about defense ?

If it works in HC it will always work in SC. Reversed - not necessarily. All worthwhile damage upgrades are listed.

"
Amethalia wrote:
Has anyone messed around with best thread of hope trees? I’m guessing there’s an improvement to be made, but maybe it gets too hard to provide general guidance (considering someone can have gg jewels or not, and might be using cluster jewels at that point). I might play around in POB this afternoon.

If you ask me, the best Thread of Hope tree is the one that doesn't use it. People like putting it in Duelist area to grab frenzy/endurance charges, which i personally don't like.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
"
Bijuboi wrote:
Tbh outside of auras, there aren't many spots you can replace defense with damage, so you would be dropping defense for nothing.

In auras you can try to fit skitterbots or aspect of the spider instead of flesh&stone or crab, but the damage increase won't be anything drastic.

If you want faster clear, you can swap to arrow nova support, if you want movement speed you should already have plenty as a raider. If you want a build that can 1-shot bosses, sadly this isn't one of those, dot skills don't fit into that concept.

There are few upgrades that are easier to get in trade league than SSF ofc.
Last edited by Viktranka on Feb 4, 2021, 2:49:38 PM
Been spamming a hunter amulet in SSF - is it worth keeping +1 Strength instead of rolling on for Dex? I assume the level to Empower means it's not too much worse.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info