[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

How trustful/relevant is the DPS number the skill displays ingame(dince this is a DoT build?

Finally got the 6-link bow and fossiled it to +2 (no luck with +3 yet) and the DPS went down from 7K (Lioneye's bow) to 2.5k.
"
LightningLion wrote:
How trustful/relevant is the DPS number the skill displays ingame(dince this is a DoT build?

Finally got the 6-link bow and fossiled it to +2 (no luck with +3 yet) and the DPS went down from 7K (Lioneye's bow) to 2.5k.
You're looking at a wrong "tooltip". Crappy example but shows what I mean:

Hello,
thx for the guide is pretty cool.
i`m kinda noob :). can u please advice me what should i upgrade next ?

ty :)
"
nox_e wrote:
can u please advice me what should i upgrade next ?
Amulet, quiver.
Also you can put faster casting in that free blue socket linked to wither.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
nox_e wrote:
can u please advice me what should i upgrade next ?
Amulet, quiver.
Also you can put faster casting in that free blue socket linked to wither.

Thank you for advice :)
The build is great, no problems whatsoever until I met Shaper.

My gear is pretty decent, 700k tooltip dps, 6.7k life, running both malevolence and grace for much better survavibility with wind dancer, but still couldn't beat shaper in its last phase.

Not sure, if it's because Maven was watching and thus boosting him somewhat, or just he has insane chaos resistance. THere was just too much shit on the ground for me to win it, and his life practically never moved down in the last phase of fight. Totems are dying very fast, despair doesn't help much either due to highly reduced curse effectiveness, so if anyone with more experience could advise on what i am doing wrong, i would appreciate it.

Spoiler

"How come only evil forces were released?" - "Because there are no good forces."
"So, then. You don't believe that there is a God." - "There was a god."
"Well, then. Where is he now?" - "I killed him," said Kane.
"
k4n3 wrote:
Spoiler

My gear is pretty decent, 700k tooltip dps, 6.7k life, running both malevolence and grace for much better survavibility with wind dancer, but still couldn't beat shaper in its last phase.

Not sure, if it's because Maven was watching and thus boosting him somewhat, or just he has insane chaos resistance. THere was just too much shit on the ground for me to win it, and his life practically never moved down in the last phase of fight. Totems are dying very fast, despair doesn't help much either due to highly reduced curse effectiveness, so if anyone with more experience could advise on what i am doing wrong, i would appreciate it.

Spoiler

Your mistake is not realizing what Maven actually does for so long. She has a skill that heals 25% (i think?) of boss' hp... and currently she can do that even during invulnerability phases. Without very high damage (which CA never had to begin with) you simply cannot win. This is already being addressed by GGG and was adjusted internally. Unfortunately it was too late to include it in last patch.

If Wither Totems are dying during a Shaper fight, that's on you. You can very easily have 100% uptime on Wither.

I don't do gear checks. I'll only advice you - why in the earth your Spell Totem and Multiple Totems aren't 20% quality yet? Same for Frenzy but that is not as impactful as getting 40% totem placement speed.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
"
DankawSL wrote:
"
k4n3 wrote:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Your mistake is not realizing what Maven actually does for so long. She has a skill that heals 25% (i think?) of boss' hp... and currently she can do that even during invulnerability phases. Without very high damage (which CA never had to begin with) you simply cannot win. This is already being addressed by GGG and was adjusted internally. Unfortunately it was too late to include it in last patch.

If Wither Totems are dying during a Shaper fight, that's on you. You can very easily have 100% uptime on Wither.

I don't do gear checks. I'll only advice you - why in the earth your Spell Totem and Multiple Totems aren't 20% quality yet? Same for Frenzy but that is not as impactful as getting 40% totem placement speed.

Thanks for info and advice.
"How come only evil forces were released?" - "Because there are no good forces."
"So, then. You don't believe that there is a God." - "There was a god."
"Well, then. Where is he now?" - "I killed him," said Kane.
increased duration or faster casting for totems?
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
LightningLion wrote:

You're looking at a wrong "tooltip". Crappy example but shows what I mean:

https://i.imgur.com/KLvgokV.png

Understood, thank you! There's a huge difference yes. From 80k to 180k.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info