[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
Chavolatra wrote:

enfeeble/temporal chains isn't good for this build ??
The question is more how do you get second curse without hurting the build otherwise?

Anointing amulet? It's expensive and you trade off the option to anoint Corruption which is cheaper overall, and a damage boost (it's even buffed in 3.8 in comparison to its old value).

Crafting on chest? You lose option to use unique chests.

Corrupted on an amulet? Oh boy, try to multicraft a perfect amulet, anoint it and then get the corruption you want... I wouldn't be willing to bother. After it's corrupted it cannot be anointed, so can't just buy one with extra curse corruption.

Specific uniques like Vixens or Windshriek don't really synergize with this build.
"
Zerolight wrote:
Spoiler
This is my first ranged build and it is so durable and I really like how the area damage lets me ignore so many stats and do damage while I focus on my poor dodging skills. If I die it tends to because Im lagging, afk, kid grabs my mouse, etc.

Quick question. Im saving towards a 7-link bow. Im thinking of grabbing a lvl 4 Empower first or new boots. Either way I was wondering what more attack speed does for the build. Is it just for frenzy shots? I noticed there arent many good suffixes. What about 5-6% damage per frenzy charge?

Thank you again for all the effort in such a great build.

The quicker you shoot, the faster you can move again, the better you can dodge / clear quicker. It's QoL boost pretty much. ~2% damage you can get from frenzy charge craft isn't really worth compared to it.

"
Spoiler
hello,

I am looking to make a MF finally, i really dont want to do the TS/scourge arrow builds, i just really dont like them being so glass cannon and rerolling maps all the time etc. So im looking at this build now, I am going to do the trickster version. I made a decent amount of currency this league and i made this bow for this build, took me a while, delved a lot, but i finally got it.

the question i have is, i thought this bow would be really good for this build, with a level 4 empower etc. But now i am seeing all of these other elder 7link bows and wondering which one would be better? should i not use the +5 bow i made with level 4 empower? and start all over to make the 7 link bow?

please let me know anyone

thanks!

My view on MFing with this build can be found in FAQ, for convenience:

Q: How good is this build for magic finding?
A: Depends. It won't outperform specialized MF builds that run a single map in 1 minute. Caustic Arrows clear abilities are simply limited compared to other skills. However you can use few very effective pieces of MF gear in order to get bonus loot without any real drawbacks to the build itself, allowing you to safely run high tier content. The recommended MF gear:

2x Ventor's Gamble, IIQ Shaper Amulet, Divination Distillate
Max IIQ: 48%
Max IIR: 170%

I would bother with any other setup. MF flask requires lower mana regeneration in order to give you any benefits.

I want to add that Trickster is not a good choice for MF in general. Raider (defense + speed) or Deadeye (strongest clear speed) are much better choices in general.

+5 bows have damage comparable to 7-link bows, +/- ~5% tooltip dps without drawbacks from support gems, depending which one you stop using. Feel free to use it.

Considering the crafting cost of +5 bows is quite random and can end up being extremely high, there's no real reason to craft them since cheaper and more reliable alternative exist. The fossils were also much more expensive in the past. That's why i don't mention them at all inside the guide.

"
octeris wrote:
Spoiler
How did you craft the bow? I have a 7L Vicious Projectiles Elder bow but I think the bow you linked would get me even more DPS.

If anyone has any other suggestions for improving my gear I would really appreciate it. I've reached the point where I'm really not sure what else to upgrade and most upgrades are going to be very expensive. I know I could make chaos damage rings and a chaos damage belt, but I'm not sure if it's worth it? It would require some juggling of my elemental resists.

I want to push L100 this league if I can (and 40/40 challenges), so I'm also looking for advice on how best to achieve that. Just Elder T16 sustain until my eyes bleed? I might pick up a Bisco's Leash to get some extra zoom zoom going. I want to get a Headhunter eventually, been saving up all league...

For answer about 7-link bow, just look at my previous reply. To craft them you use usual combo of Corroded + Jagged + Metallic, with addition of 4th fossil - Faceted. Yes, this is 4 socket resonator exclusive crafting.

Looking at your gear, you only really could improve:
* Gear with higher life (obviously, always something to min-max)
* Definitely quiver with life. Having none triggers me personally.
* "Non-Channelling Skills have -(8-9) to Total Mana Cost" craft on ring is better than what you currently have.
* Watcher's Eye with similar mod while affected by Clarity. Obviously with DoT Multiplier mod like you already have.
* Aspect of the Crab for extra safety
* I'm not sure what do you need mana flask for to be fair.

I don't see anything else, really.

"
Chavolatra wrote:
Spoiler
i cant see guide for corruptions in this build =(

enfeeble/temporal chains isn't good for this build ??

There are inside crafting guide. There's simply no reason to almost ever corrupt your gear outside of body armour and maybe quiver since they can be recrafted reliably.

In general you can (and sometimes want) corrupt pieces of gear you can easily find another copy of.

Another curse is a no-no, since Despair gives way too big dps boost against bosses. Having another corruption on hit that also triggers on CA hits would be painful in the long run for little benefit. Maybe even completely awful depending on the mechanics (if Despair is overwritten by another CoH).
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Someone did wrote a small guide about how to progress through the maps, to farming the desert for divition cards. I tried to find that posting, but i'm rather unsure if it was in this thread or another one.

If I remember it right, it would have been for the https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Imperial_Legacy divition card. If I understand it correctly, I should have done all T2-maps, but only the T3-desert-map. Is that correct?

I will defently need a better bow. And that sounds like a good way to get one :)
Last edited by Firderis on Oct 17, 2019, 6:51:01 AM
October 17th, 2019
Videos:
* 3 new videos, T16 Syndicate Mastermind, T15 Blighted Colonnade, T14 Blighted Lava Lake

I'll record normal maps soon.

"
Firderis wrote:
Spoiler
Someone did wrote a small guide about how to progress through the maps, to farming the desert for divition cards. I tried to find that posting, but i'm rather unsure if it was in this thread or another one.

If I remember it right, it would have been for the https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Imperial_Legacy divition card. If I understand it correctly, I should have done all T2-maps, but only the T3-desert-map. Is that correct?

I will defently need a better bow. And that sounds like a good way to get one :)

Pretty sure you've seen it here. The strategy is primarly for SSF, since in trade league you can very quickly accumulate enough money to buy the 6-link bow. It takes few unidentified chaos recipes to have funds for full card set.
Last edited by DankawSL on Oct 17, 2019, 1:48:47 PM
"
DankawSL wrote:

Pretty sure you've seen it here. The strategy is primarly for SSF, since in trade league you can very quickly accumulate enough money to buy the 6-link bow. It takes few unidentified chaos recipes to have funds for full card set.

Ah, that looks familiar. Yepp, that was is, thanks again. Thought first it was in your guide, and after read it tripple times and couldn't find it, I gave it a try here :)

Perhaps you should mention your new tower defence guide in your signature. Great work as always!
I want to run this build for next league as bow reworks, they will probably buff CA. However, im not sure i could justify it with only 650k dps. Im not really sure what my question is, other than i guess what?????
edit: hm well with a +3 viscous proj bow AND empower 4, it goes to 900k, which is fine, but thats not very budget. i though this build would have at least like 800k dps with only a +3
This is talking about shaper dps
Last edited by areflour on Oct 19, 2019, 6:48:53 AM
"
I want to run this build for next league as bow reworks, they will probably buff CA. However, im not sure i could justify it with only 650k dps. Im not really sure what my question is, other than i guess what?????
edit: hm well with a +3 viscous proj bow AND empower 4, it goes to 900k, which is fine, but thats not very budget. i though this build would have at least like 800k dps with only a +3
Welcome to damage over time builds. You will never reach the numbers burst specs have, the upside is though there's more leeway for downtime (dots keep ticking while you're busy moving around dodging) and the damage is more steady than just packed into the window when all cooldowns are up (looking at you melee builds with berserk, ancestral warchief and vaal haste).

You have to decide yourself whether that playstyle is for you or not. You can reach crazy numbers with other bow builds like scourge arrow and tornado shot, but these are much more expensive to min max than this.

Also if all you want is damage, trickster version is probably more suitable for you. Raider is a defensive oriented option with immunity to ailments and very high dodge / evasion.

Trickster had his defensive nodes nerfed 2 times but it's still a strong option for dot builds, especially if you play softcore and don't worry that much about never dying. You get flat out 20% more dot damage and 60% increased too.
Hey quick question I noticed when playing with PoB: Increasing quality on vicious projectiles does not help this builds DPS at all, correct?

October 20th, 2019
Crafting Section:
* Updated exalt costs for elder bow crafting - last update increased cost of +2 support gems craft to 2 exalts (from 1)

I learned about the cost increase recently when i was crafting my own bow.

"
Spoiler

You're focusing so much on numbers you forgot important question - can you do all content with this much dps? The answer is yes, and it's not like the end game fights last forever.

If what you want is to deal overkill damage in order to phase bosses and ignore their mechanics, then this build is exact opposite of what you're looking for. Tanky, mediocre dps and ridiculously cheap to get going - this is what the build does.

I should point out that i'm playing SSF since three leagues and have no troubles getting to the end game every time.

"
maxdking wrote:
Hey quick question I noticed when playing with PoB: Increasing quality on vicious projectiles does not help this builds DPS at all, correct?

Quality on Vicious Projectiles increases only physical damage. Yes, it won't increase the dps.
Last edited by DankawSL on Oct 20, 2019, 9:36:38 AM
Hi I noticed you don't have an uber elder video, is this build viable for uber elder? I am loving the playstyle atm and just crafted a pretty good bow

I wish the +1 int gem was +1 str gem, but I am still ahppy with the 8 levels this provides to CA with empower. I will be rerolling it later because level 30 CA gets extra radius to 29 but it will do for now.

Another question I noticed you gloves and amulet dont have chaos DoT multi, would these be suggested upgrades?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info