[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Is CWDT + Immortal Call still going to be worthwhile with the changes?
"
Anton__Chigur wrote:
Did they do something to the fossil crafting? When synthesis first started, I got it on the first couple tries for the +3 bow. Now I'm trying to do another one and I've tried about 30 times now and no dice. Was I just really lucky before or something?

Luck for sure.

"
LordDregg wrote:

I keep flip flopping on this. On one hand Steelskin is 70% reduction from hits up to an amount, immortal call is a flat reduction regardless of amount of damage. Only immortal call will defend against damage over time. Immortal call may be better for huge hits, but steelskin for numerous, lesser hits. It's a matter of when 25% reduction (base gem level of IC vs 35% at maximum) becomes greater than the maximum reduction amount offered by steelskin (not yet released, but on top end can absorb 2209 damage). We don't really generate endurance charges, but if the build could, then the IC would probably be an easy choice.

So the largest hit that could be absorbed by level 20 steelskin is 3,156, wherein you would still take 947 damage. The same hit with immortal call (level 20, no endurance charges), would leave you taking 2,051 damage. However, if we talk about taking a 10,000 dmg hit, IC would prevent 3,500 damage, whereas steelskin can only ever prevent 2209 damage. Another benefit of immortal call is that it reduces damage taken from whatever source and doesn't rely on receiving a hit -- hence protects against DoT that are physical or elemental bases (e.g., bleed, ignite).
Last edited by JSquare on Jun 6, 2019, 11:25:18 AM
June 6th, 2019
General:
* Removed "MFing" from guide's title

REMOVED SECTION: Magic Finding Setups
* Let's be honest, Caustic Arrow as a skill is incapable of competing with specialized MF setups. The only worthy magic fiding approach is running "semi-MF", just like the build used to back in pre-Betrayal leagues.
* Instead of whole section, i've left a short answer in FAQ that suggests the "semi-MF" approach and shows the right setup.

Gem Setups:
* CWDT Immortal Call setup changed to Steelskin - CWDT (optional)
* Still remains in mandatory gems despite being optional setup.
* Vaal Grace now has optional bonus support - Increased Duration
* Vaal Grace no longer mentions that you can link it with CWDT Immortal Call

Equipment:
* Removed any mentions of MF gear inside the section

Levelling and Progression:
* Similarly to other ascendancy classes, all passive trees are ready to be released shortly before Legion's launch - when official online passive tree is available.

Videos
* Added two T16 Arachnid Nest videos, both of them recorded in 1920x1080 resolution.

FAQ:
* Added new question: "How good is this build for magic finding?"
* Removed "Why do you link Vaal Grace with CWDT? You can't trigger it!"

========================

Update is ready. With all these changes, i have few tweaks in mind that i'll very likely include in the guide later on.

I'm moving on towards my other guide.

"
Anton__Chigur wrote:
Did they do something to the fossil crafting? When synthesis first started, I got it on the first couple tries for the +3 bow. Now I'm trying to do another one and I've tried about 30 times now and no dice. Was I just really lucky before or something?

Nope, everything's the same. Are you certain the bow's ilvl is above/equal 64? Because 30 tries would be ~3-4 times the average amount you need to craft the bow. Wrong ilvl and massive bad luck streak are the only explainations.

"
LordDregg wrote:

Not really, Steelskin is much better for CWDT now. Guard skills are most efficient when used reactively before you get hit. Their cooldown is long and duration short, while not being able to fully protect you.

They have similar absorbing capabilities, but one can save you from 3k hit and other one requiress 6k damage to reach the same reduction.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Jun 6, 2019, 11:32:42 AM
There is a new movement skill called dash, is it possible that itt will be better than blink arrow?
Here is the build I will be giving my level 95 CA raider on STD once the patch hits.

https://pastebin.com/b9EFCu2t

Need to divine my belt to 17 str to make it. :)
Last edited by zorker on Jun 6, 2019, 6:18:33 PM
It was just bad luck, finally got it today after many more tries. Still haven't found the primevil ruins and I gotta 6 link it now :(. And there are only 2 immortal resolve cards on the PS4 trade market. It's either gonna take 4-5 thousand fusings if I'm really lucky or I'll wait until I find the ruins.

"
gergmt wrote:
There is a new movement skill called dash, is it possible that itt will be better than blink arrow?

I don't see reason to use dash personally. Build primarly uses high movement speed to travel, Blink Arrow is only to cross gaps, escape sticky situations or just backtravel from a dead end. You can totally use it if you like.

"
Anton__Chigur wrote:
It was just bad luck, finally got it today after many more tries. Still haven't found the primevil ruins and I gotta 6 link it now :(. And there are only 2 immortal resolve cards on the PS4 trade market. It's either gonna take 4-5 thousand fusings if I'm really lucky or I'll wait until I find the ruins.

Unavailable

Oh man, you should've 6-link it first with 40%+ quality, as quality increases probability to connect the sockets. I actually mention it somewhere in right before crafting methods in elder bow crafting. Oh well, what's lost is lost. I personally always attempt to fuse it rather than craft, it's more efficient in the long run. Then again, sometimes you get the bad streaks and it feels awful...

Primeval Ruins start spawning around 250 depth (or used to?). Gotta dig deeper if you want to find it.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
nvm
Last edited by Bojaroff on Jun 7, 2019, 8:59:38 AM
June 7th, 2019
Passive Trees
* Updated all trees to 3.7 version of the game. Also applies to levelling section.

Equipment:
* Updated gear to current recommended setups. No more discrepancy between showcased gear and actual setup.

Path of Building:
* Added new note that informs about 3 different bows to choose from, depending on budget. Medium budget (typical +3 CA bow) being default.

===========================

Guide is fully ready for 3.7 launch now.

As always, i'll start my league with this build. Level 100 this type hopefully. My next build is probably going to be melee bleed, as they can reach insane numbers now. I already have draft in mind, but final details are yet to be determined.

Have fun in Legion guys.
Viewing the new passive tree, didn't we lose a bunch of life by not getting the constitution nodes now? Or am I missing something?
If I understand correctly, we gave those up in favor of Heavy and Deadly draw?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info