[3.7-Slayer] 2h Freezing Cyclone! *Out Dated*

"
Entw1ne wrote:
What's the opinion on Assassin's Mark vs Frostbite? Any viable options for dual-cursing?

Dual curse is definitely viable. Assassin's mark on hit Shaped ring or corruption + additional curse via Veiled body armor craft or corruption (many other ways, just the best ones that comes to my mind).

In terms of what is better.. Frostbite is more consistent if you can only run one. If you're lacking on crit chance, AM really adds up crit plus the Power Charges crit. I think with my Tempered Flesh and lack of crit sources, AM adds an additional 100k POB dps (1.7 to 1.8m) over Frostbite. but all that extra damage is only when I crit.. non-crits see no value so for consistency, I opted for Frostbite over AM. Personal preference.
Is Debeon's Dirge better than other unique axes after Atziri's disfavour and elder axe?
And is increased cold dmg jewel better than increase phys dmg stat? Because phys dmg stat this lg expensive as hell
Last edited by rongghe on Jul 7, 2019, 3:30:35 AM
"
rongghe wrote:
Is Debeon's Dirge better than other unique axes after Atziri's disfavour and elder axe?

Debeon's is bad for the build. We convert high phys into cold and that has low phys. In terms of tiered axe, I'd say the below with various rare axes in-between.

Sinvicta/Kingmaker
Disfavour
Elder axe

You can do cold damage on jewels, but we are at 90% conversion until Watcher's Eye, so it is only slightly worse.
Thank you blackdeath101! I am working through the tips and I am up to 92 and have 5.9k life now. The tree change and jewel usage made a big difference.

"
blackdeath101 wrote:
"
Tavener wrote:
I am loving this build and having fun, but now that I hit T13, I feel like I have missed something on the defensive side. Getting killed quite a bit.

I would use curse immune Quicksilver over Writhing jar.
I don't think the belt is worth it over a phys dmg, ele dmg, high hp, and 2-3 resists. You should have enough Onslaught from axes.
With added resists from belt, you can add some more damage modifiers to either rings and amulet.
21/20 your skill gems. In some cases a 20/0 is worth more than a 1/20, so you can sell the gem you have a buy a 1/20 to level back up. Otherwise vendor the skill gem with a GCP to start it back over with 20%. *Farm lower maps while your damage is tanked.
I would trade Harvester of Foes for the 2 2-point jewel slots when you buy them. 2 damage mods + hp each.
Changed Added Cold support to Blind Support. Possibly even switching Double Strike and Faster Attacks so the Vaal DS can also blind/freeze?

Nothing else is really standing out. Most of what I said increases your HP and damage.
"
Entw1ne wrote:
What's the opinion on Assassin's Mark vs Frostbite? Any viable options for dual-cursing?

Really torn between the two. All the benefits from AM are great, but it's hard to pass up reducing enemy resistance %... That adds up to a ton of gained damage that isn't visible on the tooltip.

Dual cursing is an option if you can get an additional curse corruption or craft(chest). I went for a daresso’s salute with the additional curse corruption because the strength/dexterity wasn’t that needed. They are also very cheap in league vs standard and I try to get things I don’t already have in standard each league. Like bargain shopping heh!

For assassins mark vs frostbite you can use either of them as crit for a single curse setup and both for a dual curse setup focusing on damage. If you want more survival can switch one out for enfeeble, temp chains or… another curse I am forgetting right now.

Punishment is also a fun curse to use if you want but requires getting hit which I like to limit!
Killed my first uber elder last weekend!
90% of gear crafted by myself

"
Meru84 wrote:
Killed my first uber elder last weekend!
90% of gear crafted by myself

Congrats! Yeah it’s been a real good league to get some crafting done. Even I’ve done more crafting this league than previously. Also have a lot of items turned into bases saved for standard once league ends. Mostly frostbite rings and spiked gloves with the “chilled enemies take more damage” temple mod. Will be doing some serious min/maxing once league ends!

May need to either stockpile fossils or make a dedicated delve character when I get back as well… buying fossils in standard is always a pain in the ass!

Also, hello from Rome! Halfway through our trip and enjoying the heat. Being from Florida originally this heat feels right at home for me but all the other tourists seem to be on the verge of passing out heh. 11 days left and 3 more cities as we move further north.

Had some excitement earlier on when we were two islands away from Stromboli erupting. Got quite a nice view of the mushroom cloud eruption and saw the lava erupting at night the next day. Have two more days in Rome which means two more days of good WiFi so I can help answer the questions I can heh.
Last edited by Muirey on Jul 8, 2019, 10:09:40 AM
Why are you using a crit axe when you skilled into RT?
"
soulsilver66 wrote:

Because I sold off my rt axe since I have a better base in standard and wanted the 16ex to play around in league. The difference between a flesh ripper and the void axe bases are very minimal. The only difference in crafts is crit/quality vs strength/quality which is also minimal.

So it still works perfectly fine as an rt axe.
Last edited by Muirey on Jul 9, 2019, 11:17:38 AM
"
soulsilver66 wrote:

He tries different variations and with the changes to accuracy, RT got a bit weaker. If going RT, Vaal Axe has slightly higher base damage (1-6 base).
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Jul 9, 2019, 11:23:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info