[3.7-Slayer] 2h Freezing Cyclone! *Out Dated*

"
Tambeh wrote:
I currently converted 90% phys > cold dmg (from tree and hrimsorrow)

Do you think it's worth using this belt?

Dyadian Dawn Heavy Belt

Sacrificing 10% physical damage for 1% leech and the ignite (Hrimburn)?

Is not worth. You sacrifice 10% phys from conversion, but you also give up physical dmg on Rustic Sash (or abyss slot) and WED. All of that damage loss ends up being similar to a leech loss as well. 2% from Ascendancy and Vitality Void is enough.
"
Tambeh wrote:
I currently converted 90% phys > cold dmg (from tree and hrimsorrow)

Do you think it's worth using this belt?

Dyadian Dawn Heavy Belt

Sacrificing 10% physical damage for 1% leech and the ignite (Hrimburn)?

It's usable sure but getting more leech doesn't mean you are leeching more unfortunately. There are a lot of caps put on leech these days and it mostly revolves around how much HP you have.

If you haven't ever read it: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Leech will explain everything to do with leech.
The build is going well for me. Took impact and i'm gonna cut bane of legends and it feels nice to have a large aoe especially for the legion encounters. Thanks a lot for the build.

About the auras : can't we just get "Curse with level 5 frostbite on hit" on a ring and use the space in the reserved mana for blood and sand or an herald ? Or is there too much difference between a lvl 5 frostbite and a level 20 ?

Last edited by Sonoryo on Jun 11, 2019, 5:59:12 PM
"
Sonoryo wrote:
The build is going well for me. Took impact and i'm gonna cut bane of legends and it feels nice to have a large aoe especially for the legion encounters. Thanks a lot for the build.

About the auras : can't we just get "Curse with level 5 frostbite on hit" on a ring and use the space in the reserved mana for blood and sand or an herald ? Or is there too much difference between a lvl 5 frostbite and a level 20 ?

Np, glad you're enjoying it.

I honestly had never seen the frostbite on hit ring before but yeah you could use that if you wanted. You could use blood and sand plus a herald if you wanted.

In PoB herald of purity and herald of ash seem to be the better choices. If you are doing a lot of freeze herald of ice will be better I'm sure.
Switched to sword crit variant last night and made quite the different in damage with crits and survival (freeze procs) for about 20-30 regrets from the axe Resolute variant. Only gear change was Sinvicta's to a Terminus I found. I have 0 accuracy on other gear and at like 97% accuracy with the 3 added accuracy Keystones. Dropped like 500 HP by not going up to Devotion and Discipline Training, so might be time to swap some damage for HP on other gear to make up for it.

Now if only GGG would fix all of the channeling, de-sync, and skill cancel issues this league. Vaal Cyclone + 100% chance to hit and I still had mobs attacking me and taking no damage.

"
Sonoryo wrote:

It can definitely work, but won't be cheap to get a good Frostbite ring with HP, resists, and dmg rolls. You'll miss out on 15-16% cold resist reduction and first hit would not be cursed (first hit to apply curse, following hits would be amplified by curse). There is a lot of math behind resist reductions and their lose of effectiveness at higher %'s, but I don't think we are at overkill ranges with level 20 Frostbite and the bit of penetration on passives? And I think Herald of Purity might be a bit more damage plus cannon fodder, but minor differences.

Got this to try it out while using ice bite - elemental prolif - hypothermia and herald of ice. Pops packs pretty nicely, so yeah I'd say it's perfectly fine to do if you can find a good ring.

Herald of Purity would be more raw damage and you would run normal cyclone setup but if you're in it for popping packs with herald of ice I'd run at the least elemental prolif or ice bite supports.

Not the best single target but it's all about what you are doing in the end.

Edit: Side note it seems that you cannot fully freeze legion rares. Go figure >.<
Last edited by Muirey on Jun 11, 2019, 7:39:01 PM
Hello, I did a bit of stalking and saw on your character that you use a much different CWDT setup than the one presented in the guide. Would you recommend that one (CWDT+Cold Snap+Bonechill+Steelskin) over the old CWDT+Immortal Call.

Thank you for the awesome guide, been enjoying this build a lot!
"
BgTT wrote:
Hello, I did a bit of stalking and saw on your character that you use a much different CWDT setup than the one presented in the guide. Would you recommend that one (CWDT+Cold Snap+Bonechill+Steelskin) over the old CWDT+Immortal Call.

Thank you for the awesome guide, been enjoying this build a lot!

Thanks for the kind words, glad you're enjoying yourself!

I'm just testing things out with the CWDT setup to see how it feels. Don't worry about 'snooping' my profile is public for a reason! ;)
Hey just wanna check, why do you not use impale together with cyclone? Would it not be a better choice?
Last edited by Razkiri on Jun 12, 2019, 4:58:49 AM
"
Razkiri wrote:
Hey just wanna check, why do you not use impale together with cyclone? Would it not be a better choice?

Impale works with physical damage, not elemental. 90%+ of our damage is cold, so not as good with a conversion variant of Cyclone. Definitely works with any physical cyclone builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info