[3.7-Slayer] 2h Freezing Cyclone! *Out Dated*

Looking at the new passive tree definitely makes crit an interesting choice, even without the ascendancy.

As a league starter on PS4, there's no way I'd be getting a Disfavor anytime soon, so the weapon type is still open for me, and I'm not really sure what the best choice would be. I still need to figure this out.

However, with hit chance being easier to max (per info from GGG that I read somewhere), it seems worth it to at least get a little bit of crit for the extra freeze chance + additional damage multiplier.

EDIT: Plus, crafting a good rare Exquisite Blade is going to look pretty sweet aesthetically lol.
Last edited by fiendishnature_ on Jun 6, 2019, 2:55:21 PM
"
Muirey wrote:
"
Falgorn wrote:
Muirey, what are you thinking about that more crit tree?

https://pastebin.com/eDgyMRBR

Crit is a very interesting prospect now for slayer!

I do think that swords still will utilize this better than axes and going more towards the right side of the tree as usual since we are over there already for the cold conversion from Winter Spirit.

Just spit-balling but: www.poeurl.com/cpav

But the left side does look a lot better for getting health in the one you posted.

I think I'd go a bit more like: www.poeurl.com/cpaO

Thanks for advise

I think i found solution for hp in sword version: drop Hematophagy and Executioner when go for Revenge of the hunted (Hp/evasion) wheel

www.poeurl.com/cpN0
Last edited by Falgorn on Jun 6, 2019, 2:52:50 PM
"
Looking at the new passive tree definitely makes crit an interesting choice, even without the ascendancy.

As a league starter on PS4, there's no way I'd be getting a Disfavor anytime soon, so the weapon type is still open for me, and I'm not really sure what the best choice would be. I still need to figure this out.

However, with hit chance being easier to max (per info from GGG that I read somewhere), it seems worth it to at least get a little bit of crit for the extra freeze chance + additional damage multiplier.

Yeah it's safe to say Disfavour won't be 20c again this league heh.

I'm also excited to try out something along the lines of this:www.poeurl.com/cpNY after leveling up and tweaking first character.

There are a lot more pathing options available now which makes it very exciting to try them all out!
"
Falgorn wrote:
Thanks for advise

I think i found solution for hp in sword version: drop Hematophagy and Executioner when go for Revenge of the hunted (Hp/evasion) wheel

www.poeurl.com/cpN0

I like the looks of that, still only 150% life on tree but if you're softcore it's all upto what you are trying to do right? :D

Some of the most fun I have is on a freezing flicker build I made which has the minimal life nodes possible taken on the tree. Sure I die sometimes but it's like 1 death out of 200+ maps soooooo is it really a big deal?! Heh
I'm going to try and figure out how to make a crit build with a 2h sword work (rare Exquisite Blade), I think.

EDIT: With a good crit chance roll, I won't even need to take the crit chance ascendancy.
Last edited by fiendishnature_ on Jun 6, 2019, 3:05:33 PM
"
I'm going to try and figure out how to make a crit build with a 2h sword work (rare Exquisite Blade), I think.

EDIT: With a good crit chance roll, I won't even need to take the crit chance ascendancy.

Yeah I feel like overwhelm is a good early game ascendancy node that you'd probably move out of late game when you're crafting your perfect multi-modded weapon of choice. Especially for swords which can get above 8% base with the right mods on the weapon.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with for a build!
Last edited by Muirey on Jun 6, 2019, 3:47:39 PM
I finally path'd what feels like a fairly solid level 100 build on POE Mate. Only thing is though, I had to choose between the Acrobatics cluster and the Hematophagy cluster and decided on Acrobatics...

I had to give up quite a bit of increased damage and attack speed nodes to fit crit chance and multi in, but I think I'm okay with that. I'm not really sure if it's a boost or a loss to dps, but it's got 525% crit chance increase without including any from gear, so I should be freezing everything except Shaper (and etc).

Not really sure how to link the build here though.

EDIT: Is there any sort of decent way for us to get power charges?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAOsJCZY5Dpd5hVLkUVBHFCDvDkd-ZU29Nliv74_IzN9vGJG8nxRN_Es6QvJF_gr-jzrhplc1kk3j2L1fP1uv3L3L9dRS5w8X3AaiMbB0oAYghO9Nko19I_ZRR8cqmy0k_edU_96plIdqkGypJ185sKtyAeWzfTvlz5hvkn3cI7XyqW54DcAabzs26PcyOlKGYNlh6hilNYWnsoBR2vVhhrQnn5UkhNlLeDBx3ajBBL6nGNtAoA2NIWB08TB8jb-I7e56-hjh76OK_MVOKnfj2sEUdXlo7g4B3AUtdO1674d2Sn3UI62NdqzPfo9gI9Oaaio4ivDEgoGs5GqpeZcI8MSTD5zHJC7-RQAAAAA=
Last edited by fiendishnature_ on Jun 6, 2019, 5:33:03 PM
"
I finally path'd what feels like a fairly solid level 100 build on POE Mate. Only thing is though, I had to choose between the Acrobatics cluster and the Hematophagy cluster and decided on Acrobatics...

I had to give up quite a bit of increased damage and attack speed nodes to fit crit chance and multi in, but I think I'm okay with that. I'm not really sure if it's a boost or a loss to dps, but it's got 525% crit chance increase without including any from gear, so I should be freezing everything except Shaper (and etc).

Not really sure how to link the build here though.

EDIT: Is there any sort of decent way for us to get power charges?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAOsJCZY5Dpd5hVLkUVBHFCDvDkd-ZU29Nliv74_IzN9vGJG8nxRN_Es6QvJF_gr-jzrhplc1kk3j2L1fP1uv3L3L9dRS5w8X3AaiMbB0oAYghO9Nko19I_ZRR8cqmy0k_edU_96plIdqkGypJ185sKtyAeWzfTvlz5hvkn3cI7XyqW54DcAabzs26PcyOlKGYNlh6hilNYWnsoBR2vVhhrQnn5UkhNlLeDBx3ajBBL6nGNtAoA2NIWB08TB8jb-I7e56-hjh76OK_MVOKnfj2sEUdXlo7g4B3AUtdO1674d2Sn3UI62NdqzPfo9gI9Oaaio4ivDEgoGs5GqpeZcI8MSTD5zHJC7-RQAAAAA=

Link sends me to the 3.6 tree so I can't really see what you've done. An no not really a decent way to get power charges without adding in something like assassins mark on hit or power charge on crit some where.
Is it safe to do the non crit slayer variant as a league starter and see how crit and all plays out and respec later?
I mean the new crit nodes in ascendancy really look great, but I guess they require some advanced gear. So going Resolute Technique for the start with the option to respec to crit later should be fine, right?
"
Snoukz wrote:
Is it safe to do the non crit slayer variant as a league starter and see how crit and all plays out and respec later?
I mean the new crit nodes in ascendancy really look great, but I guess they require some advanced gear. So going Resolute Technique for the start with the option to respec to crit later should be fine, right?

Yeah perfectly fine to do the RT route and go crit if you want.

I plan on doing the RT route first and then playing around with the crit ways later on for science!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info