ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
Ersatzdrummel wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
The republicans fate in the state was at an all time low with Obama and even then they didn't lower themselves to the standards the democrats have currently.
You have an amazing memory.
I think you're being sarcastic.

But Boem is correct. When Bush 43 was President and Democrats had Congress, the Democrats were mildly obstructionist — in my opinion, appropriately so. Then Obama was President and the Congressional Republicans were even more obstructionist — I mean, I wasn't any fan of Obama, but when they pushed the nomination of a Supreme Court Justice off until after the election, even I thought that was dirty pool. And now, Democrats have escalated the situation again, and have been absurdly obstructionist.

I can kinda see the argument that the Republicans "shot first." I really can. But the Dems have tossed so much more back in retaliation. This type of escalating obstruction really should stop. For example, it's not healthy to spend two years investigating a new president on bullshit claims, just because you can't fathom how the other candidate managed to lose a rigged election.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Ersatzdrummel wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
The republicans fate in the state was at an all time low with Obama and even then they didn't lower themselves to the standards the democrats have currently.
You have an amazing memory.
I think you're being sarcastic.

But Boem is correct. When Bush 43 was President and Democrats had Congress, the Democrats were mildly obstructionist — in my opinion, appropriately so. Then Obama was President and the Congressional Republicans were even more obstructionist — I mean, I wasn't any fan of Obama, but when they pushed the nomination of a Supreme Court Justice off until after the election, even I thought that was dirty pool. And now, Democrats have escalated the situation again, and have been absurdly obstructionist.

I can kinda see the argument that the Republicans "shot first." I really can. But the Dems have tossed so much more back in retaliation. This type of escalating obstruction really should stop. For example, it's not healthy to spend two years investigating a new president on bullshit claims, just because you can't fathom how the other candidate managed to lose a rigged election.

I think it gets back to an earlier back and forth i had with turtle where he posed "opposition is normal".(heavily reducing the back and forth obviously)

And it has irked me somewhat, because i think a fair case could be made for differentiation of political opposition and the undermining of an ellected official.

Do i think the republicans had opposition to obama and that they had the least faith in the system at that time, yes.
Do i think they aggresively sought ways to undermine the presidency as a position in itself and the person holding its office, not so much.
(assumption that there will always be some mild forms of personal attacks on the opposition leader)
One might pose that a personal attack on an elected official as "the new hitler" or "the end is near satan is in office" might be considered somewhat hysterical and hyperbolic as well as misplaced and so far of responsible opposition on political views that it could be deemed an assault on the practice of the institution itself.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
What ghost? I'm talking about the dna that formulate your entire being. That is what makes you you, not some "primal essence" or some "soul".
I believe something like a soul is what makes people people. Certainly not the presence of DNA instructions.

I don't believe in a soul as a spiritual concept. I view it as a function of the brain, roughly equivalent to software. I don't believe in an immortal soul any more than I believe in software that can persist independently of hardware.

Nature does - they are called viruses. Coding instructions for replication that exist independently of living hardware, that only replicate when exposed to living hardware.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

I feel like your emphasis on DNA and the potential for life is essentially a secularization of the "every sperm is sacred" argument common among evangellcons back in the day. And there is some degree of sanctity to such things, a quality that almost compels wonder. But not on the level of the soul. Some things are more sacred than others.

And from what I can tell, the soul isn't up and running until weeks after conception.

Look at the broader perspective - imagine if the survival of the fittest aspect of evolution wasn't just downgraded, but completely removed for 1/3 of a species births.

Einstein, Newton, Maxwell - eliminate one from human history
Beethoven, Mozart, Bach - - eliminate one from human history
Edison, Tesla, Bell (surely, phones aren't important) eliminate one from human history
Aristotle, Descartes, Kant - - eliminate one from human history

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
What ghost? I'm talking about the dna that formulate your entire being. That is what makes you you, not some "primal essence" or some "soul".
I believe something like a soul is what makes people people. Certainly not the presence of DNA instructions.

I don't believe in a soul as a spiritual concept. I view it as a function of the brain, roughly equivalent to software. I don't believe in an immortal soul any more than I believe in software that can persist independently of hardware.
Nature does - they are called viruses. Coding instructions for replication that exist independently of living hardware, that only replicate when exposed to living hardware.
I'm talking about consciousness here, Dalai. Viruses aren't conscious.

But even then, that isn't true. Viruses have a physical component. Saying viruses are pure software is like saying a floppy (boot) disk is pure software — it just isn't true. Or more accurately, the distinction between hardware and living hardware isn't appropriate.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 13, 2019, 1:00:11 PM
"
DalaiLama wrote:

Einstein, Newton, Maxwell - eliminate one from human history
Beethoven, Mozart, Bach - - eliminate one from human history
Edison, Tesla, Bell (surely, phones aren't important) eliminate one from human history
Aristotle, Descartes, Kant - - eliminate one from human history

Justin Bieber, Alex Jones, the guy who would have invented flying cars - - one died...
Yeah, the trip argument is beyond stupid.

George Washington, Winston Churchill, Adolf Hitler
George Carlin, Robin Williams, Charles Manson

Puh-lease.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 13, 2019, 1:03:42 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

I call total bullshit on that one. You are falling for the lies of a pathological liar.

First, Republicans were in complete control 2016 through 2018. Secondly, Mueller, Rosenstein and company were Republicans appointed by Republicans. Third there was plenty of suspicious activities going on that triggered the appointment of Mueller.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I call total bullshit on that one. You are falling for the lies of a pathological liar.

First, Republicans were in complete control 2016 through 2018. Secondly, Mueller, Rosenstein and company were Republicans appointed by Republicans. Third there was plenty of suspicious activities going on that triggered the appointment of Mueller.
It's interesting how your reasons have nothing logically to do with whether the 2016 election is rigged.

There is evidence, via WikiLeaks, that the Clinton campaign coordinated with the DNC to rig the 2016 Democrat primary. Furthermore, former (interim) DNC chair Donna Brazile wrote a book about it.

There is evidence, via WikiLeaks, that the Clinton campaign coordinated with the mainstream media to give preferential coverage to "Pied Piper" candidates like Ted Cruz and Donald Trump in the 2016 Republican primary — meaning they rigged BOTH primaries.

Did they rig the general election? Obviously not well enough. But I'd say that if your organization is choosing both candidates in a general election, that qualifies as rigging the election. The Clinton campaign cheated Bernie and steered the Republican nomination towards the worst candidate they could find and still lost.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 13, 2019, 3:28:20 PM
"
Boem wrote:
"
(...)

I'm not sure what your getting at with your "loads of kids get made with that 100% safe route".
Give me some fringe article about a women getting pregnant after swallowing or having the guy cum on her belly.

There's plenty of documentation on why pulling out isn't a reliable method on wikipedia.
Unless you are talking about only doing fellatio/handjob/anal, which isn't what most people would understand when reading your previous comment.

That being said, in the case of anal, there's a chance of pregnancy (I don't have the stats, but it's likely very small, as it either requires some damage in the inner membrane, or needs to get through it without a hole), and there's one documented case of fellatio leading to pregnancy, although the circumstances are so absurd that you can't really fault the person, as the sperm got through a gun wound she got after a fellatio, and the sperm went then all the way from the stomach to where it needed to go.
I don't have the references at hand, so feel free to not trust what I am telling you there, as those are "fun facts", not my point which is in my first paragraph.

As for the rest of the discussion, let's face it, many teenagers and young adults are going to have sex without a good understanding of the risks, and "no penetration" speeches have very little influence on that.

On another note, do we have any females here to give their point of view on the matter? They are the most impacted, and should be the ones whose point of view is the most important, right?
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
The_Impeacher wrote:
The ignorance astounds.

The idea of withdrawal being a reasonable contraception method let alone 100% effective is especially ignorant.

Exactly what I was referring to.
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info