[3.2] Titan [16K ES, 1M DPS, 10K ES/sec, Deathless Uber Elder, Shaper on 1L, All map mods]

I am about to make the transition from arakaali vaal regalia version to non-arakaali incandescent heart version.

Making this transition ofc gets me almost half a million dps from IC and passives plus 25% less elemental dmg taken from hits, but I lose like 2k ES and tons of ES regeneration.

What i wanted to ask is how much value in ES/ES regen is 25% less elemental dmg taken from hits?

Right now i am really almost unkillable with this super regeneration especially with arakaali proced.

Any information?
I tried out Wild Strike for clear with Multistrike, Lightning Pen, EDWA, Added Lightning Damage, and Ele Focus. It feels like a faster clear than Reave when swapping Added Lightning Damage for Increased AoE. Overall i think I enjoy using Wild Strike more and highly recommend it.
"
exec85 wrote:
I am going to play that POB with 600 ES chest.
I am New to ES builds. I thought u need shavronne's then? Is it not going to die to chaos damage without it?

You're getting Chaos Inoculation, so no you do not need Shav's.
"
exec85 wrote:
I am a bit confused with all the variants. :D

What is the BEST setup to run this build? I would like to build it but with all the variants I am not sure which one to go.

You should start with the Incandescent Heart version and Ylfeban's for the helmet, if you can afford that. I don't think using a vaal regalia in place of Incandescent Heart makes sense unless you can afford one with close to 900 ES. Otherwise, stick with Incandescent, it saves you nodes on the tree, reduces damage taken, and gives you more damage.

The Arakaali version is an advanced version and probably not suited for beginners. It has huge regen, but also some risks. Also, you'll have to find some form of stun immunity. Some players use only Kiara's Determination. Others have stun immunity from their gear. Some use Valyrium. Some go down to Unwavering Stance. I think that's the worst option, but to each his own.

I'd start with the base version and work your way into the Arakaali version.
"
nel0angel0 wrote:
I am about to make the transition from arakaali vaal regalia version to non-arakaali incandescent heart version.

Making this transition ofc gets me almost half a million dps from IC and passives plus 25% less elemental dmg taken from hits, but I lose like 2k ES and tons of ES regeneration.

What i wanted to ask is how much value in ES/ES regen is 25% less elemental dmg taken from hits?

Right now i am really almost unkillable with this super regeneration especially with arakaali proced.

Any information?

I went from IH to Vaal Regalia (700 ES) back to IH, and now I'm back with a vaal regalia with 884 ES. You definitely hit harder with IH. I think going to a vaal regalia only makes sense if you can afford one with 850-900 ES or higher. I figured if I have IH and 12k ES, I'm really at like 13,200 for physical damage due to the armour (12k + 10%) and like 14,400 for elemental damage (12k + 25%), so your vaal regalia should put you higher than that or you're losing ground. I'm not sure that's the best or most accurate way to look at the value of the damage reduction, but that's the rationale I used. You're going to lose damage with a vaal regalia, so that's an indisputable negative aspect to switching to vaal regalia. However, you shouldn't lose 1/2 million like you indicated. POB says I'm only losing 57k. I think this is because I have intelligence on my chest. Finally, there is the regen to consider. For my character, I have 4900 combined regen and leach with IH plus another 2k with arakaali for a max possible sustain rate of 6900. With vaal regalia, I have 6250 regen and leach plus 2500 arakaali boost for a total of 8750. So, I ultimately decided I was willing to live with the loss of damage in order to have higher ES and nearly 2k more sustain per second.

The last thing I'll mention is that someone does decide to go vaal regalia, you're better off in my opinion going for blood drinker to get leach, which only requires 3 nodes instead of soul raker which will cost you 6 nodes.
"
nel0angel0 wrote:

Any information?

Reading your post again, I realized you were ascribing the damage reduction value to the ES regen whereas I was putting in terms of overall ES. I guess it would need to be accounted for in both areas. If you're taking less damage, then your regen is more effective. So, for my character, using the numbers provided, the 6900 max sustain with IH would be 8625 for elemental damage, which would make it comparable to the vaal regalia for elemental damage. So, by using the vaal regalia, I'm getting virtually the same regen for elemental damage, a little more than 1k more sustain for physical damage, about 1200 more overall effective ES for elemental damage, about 2k more overall ES for phys damage, I'm losing 57k in damage, and I'm having to use 3 nodes to get leach. So, the benefit from a vaal regalia is not substantial, and you really only benefit I think with a high-end vaal regalia. Most players should probably just stick with Incandescent Heart.
"
Brantley03 wrote:

Reading your post again, I realized you were ascribing the damage reduction value to the ES regen whereas I was putting in terms of overall ES. I guess it would need to be accounted for in both areas. If you're taking less damage, then your regen is more effective. So, for my character, using the numbers provided, the 6900 max sustain with IH would be 8625 for elemental damage, which would make it comparable to the vaal regalia for elemental damage. So, by using the vaal regalia, I'm getting virtually the same regen for elemental damage, a little more than 1k more sustain for physical damage, about 1200 more overall effective ES for elemental damage, about 2k more overall ES for phys damage, I'm losing 57k in damage, and I'm having to use 3 nodes to get leach. So, the benefit from a vaal regalia is not substantial, and you really only benefit I think with a high-end vaal regalia. Most players should probably just stick with Incandescent Heart.

Ok first of all thank you for your time to reply.

There are some things that i want to mention:

- You are obviously talking about std, while i am talking about bestiary where you cannot find vaal regalia more than approx 600ES, so the difference in ES is even lower.
- The difference in dps is not just 57k and i will explain why. If u equip rare chest and arakaali, you need a source of stun immunity, obviously you cannot take brine king, so you have to go down and get US. Doing that doesnt leave you with much skill points available to put in dps nodes.
Generaly the arakaali route cuts off your dps a lot, while brine king lets you take dps passives.
Also IH apart from the obvious 20% chaos dmg also gives life leech, which (if we assume you need Mind drinker) saves you 4 skill points which you can allocate in extra dps nodes.
- The Blood drinker node is not just 3 points because you also need Mind drinker, so thats a total of 5 points. With one extra point you can instead go get Soul raker which will give you more life leech which means more sustain.

As i just test it on my PoB, the difference in dps (assuming same non-arakaali tree) is approx 150k and the difference in regen/sustain is approx 800ES/sec (including leech+es regen).
"
nel0angel0 wrote:
"
Brantley03 wrote:

Ok first of all thank you for your time to reply.

There are some things that i want to mention:

- You are obviously talking about std, while i am talking about bestiary where you cannot find vaal regalia more than approx 600ES, so the difference in ES is even lower.
- The difference in dps is not just 57k and i will explain why. If u equip rare chest and arakaali, you need a source of stun immunity, obviously you cannot take brine king, so you have to go down and get US. Doing that doesnt leave you with much skill points available to put in dps nodes.
Generaly the arakaali route cuts off your dps a lot, while brine king lets you take dps passives.
Also IH apart from the obvious 20% chaos dmg also gives life leech, which (if we assume you need Mind drinker) saves you 4 skill points which you can allocate in extra dps nodes.
- The Blood drinker node is not just 3 points because you also need Mind drinker, so thats a total of 5 points. With one extra point you can instead go get Soul raker which will give you more life leech which means more sustain.

As i just test it on my PoB, the difference in dps (assuming same non-arakaali tree) is approx 150k and the difference in regen/sustain is approx 800ES/sec (including leech+es regen).

Yes. I'm talking about standard. Between a 600 ES chest and IH, I would clearly go with IH. I don't take Unwavering stance. I am currently using 2 Kiara's for stun immunity, which has worked fine for me. I think going to Unwavering stance is a really bad option. Regarding soul raker, it doesn't give me any more leach because I reach my leach cap with blood drinker in the same amount of time as soul raker (.4 seconds), so soul raker is overkill. You're right though about not calculating the DPS I could have from taking those nodes. If I did that, I would be losing more than 57k dps. I think the clear takeaway from this discussion is that it's really hard to beat Incandescent heart for this build.
Just an update on the build i've been using to farm uber elder

I've dropped aspect of the spider, because i bricked my helm trying to annul something.. I might pick it back up if i can manage to get the right enchant on helm.

I tried ylfebans trickery, i don't think the shocked ground is consistent enough to be worth it.

In terms of clearing, i now bring reave on a tip from uberelite. Subbing out dmg on full life for multistrike, and bf for reave.

fitting vaal reave in there is nice too.

My setup farms uber elder comfortably

POB
https://pastebin.com/FarYM3F1
Just a tad bit of info for an extra boost in overall dmg , es , and leech. I run these. If you get the best get 15% all atts and the belt removes the 50% shock from vinks

Last edited by Kirosuko on Apr 15, 2018, 2:58:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info